10+ Year Old Account
    He's not gonna throw 5 TDs a game, but it was a good statement win for him. He still had accuracy issues on intermediate throws that will be a problem since dumping it to Kamara is a huge part of the offense.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I didn't catch why the Jets couldn't challenge the potential fumble. Does anyone know why they couldn't?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

It is crazy to me how many times Denver commits a penalty on 3rd down and allow the other team to get a TD on that drive. Felt like it happened at least once every game last year, and has happened in both games already this year.

Even better when it was a made up penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Season, New Quarterback, Same Jets.

Pats offense has looked bad in the details, but at least Mac Jones has nto turned it over on 2 straight drop backs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I didn't catch why the Jets couldn't challenge the potential fumble. Does anyone know why they couldn't?
    When the receiver was corralled they blew the whistle and stopped the play. After that the ball came out.

They do this every so often, cause the refs are trained to blow the play dead once a receiver is coralled, to prevent injuries and basically just beating up someone with the ball by preventing them from going down and naturally stopping the play.

Didn't expect Tyrod Taylor to be playing this well so far.

The refs and Big Ben are also in mid-season form, one needs to be replaced by robots and the other retire.

It is insane how 1 sided the refs are in this game. They have missed 2 blatant pass interference penalties, right after they called the same penalty against Denver (1 of them was really OPI against the Jags too). They also called an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on a player that doesn't even exist. Guess the NFL doesn't want Urban Meyer to go to USC.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-09-19 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was twice that the Patriots didn't block a guy and then didn't get rid of the ball either. Could have lost the ball, but still in a rough spot for the defense.

Jameis being Jameis. Falling down and trying to throw a longer pass. Picked off and takes away a chance for a field goal attempt.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saints finally look like the team I expected last week.

And the Bears really will bring back a questionable with a knee injury Dalton to avoid playing Fields, huh. Guess they're trying to not ruin him for the next coaching staff.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Tyrod about to lose the starting job to a rookie due to an injury again?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    When the receiver was corralled they blew the whistle and stopped the play. After that the ball came out.

They do this every so often, cause the refs are trained to blow the play dead once a receiver is coralled, to prevent injuries and basically just beating up someone with the ball by preventing them from going down and naturally stopping the play.
    Thank you for your answer. I was just wondering what happened, because I saw the challenge flag thrown but left the room came back and the Patriots still had the ball.

As of right now Zach Wilson has completed as many passes to the Patriots as he has to the Jets in this game.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Jets

I think this just exemplifies why BB went with a guy like Mac Jones and why he was comfortable giving him the starting job. Even under duress he's not doing what Zach Wilson is doing.

Not to say Mac didn;t have turnover worthy plays today, but Wilson has been something else.

Derek Carr hurt now. Tons of injuries so far today. At the rate we are going every backup QB will play.

I thought the Giants d-line was really good after last week, but the Jags d-line is dominating too so I think Denver's interior o-line is just very, very bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This league needs better olinemen.
    The US needs to start making more huge tall fat nimble people then.

I think every team has problems at O-line at some point, regardless of how much money they spend on it. All it takes is 1 injury usually and then the carousel starts. Patriots are in that mode too now with 2 right tackles injured.

10+ Year Old Account
    For all the injuries on defense its been the OLine that's been the real disappointment today.

Rams did something I'm not sure I've seen before, their long snapper managed to snap the ball and hit the up back on a punt and give the Colts a free special teams TD.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Wentz escaped to the AFC but still got knocked out of the game by Aaron Donald.
    /s

Saints just played like the Packers did last week. Offensive line couldn't stop the Panthers. Jameis played awful, Kamara played awful. Just a total flat effort all around from the offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The US needs to start making more huge tall fat nimble people then.

I think every team has problems at O-line at some point, regardless of how much money they spend on it. All it takes is 1 injury usually and then the carousel starts. Patriots are in that mode too now with 2 right tackles injured.
    Are the Linemen worse or are the Pass Rushers just all generational? I almost lean the latter at this point.

Jameis wasn't done being Jameis.

I'm curious about the Gus Johnson/Aqib Talib announcing crew on the cardinals. I for one am glad to hear Gus calling the NFL again.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the battle of NFC South Pretenders, Saints are the most Pretending.

I really don't understand the Trevor Lawrence hype. He didn't look good at all in the 2 games I saw him play in college and he looked awful today. He kept throwing into double coverage and was missing receivers. Even his TD pass was almost tipped despite Marvin Jones burning Kyle Fuller, if that pass was accurate it wouldn't have even been close.

Also over 20 interception in the early games, that seems a little high.