Page 7 of 205 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Patriots keep going with Kendrick Bourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Broncos sign Ronald Derby to 3yr/$30 mil. 19.5 guaranteed.
    Guess a new GM doesn't mean no more injury prone FA signings.

To make up for signing another injury prone corner, Phillip Lindsay only had an original around tender placed on him. Hopefully another team has not seen him on pass plays and beats that offer.

Not picking up Kareen Jackson's option is pretty stupid, he is the best safety on the team and there is nothing on the team to replace him. If they keep Von Miller next, then I am going to be anti-George Paton.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-03-16 at 01:30 AM.

Welp Saints QBs are settled for now with Jameis Winston signing a 1 year deal with the team for 12 mil.

I'm not surprised by this and I think the Saints really want to see what they have with him. Actually I'm more surprised they didn't try more cap wizardry with this and make it a 2 year deal or some other trick to move money into a later year.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fitzpatrick to Washington. He will apparently enter camp as the starter.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...59963358056449

Also Fitz has passed the marker of playing for half the league by now hasn't he?
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2021-03-16 at 03:28 AM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be the 9th different team Fitz starts a game for. Most of the guys I thought of as journeymen had started for 6, Hoyer is at 7. Not sure if anybody else is up there.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time Russell Wilson has played the NFC East, Fitzmagic has been there.

Just not always on the same team.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account

So Patriots don't sign 1 of the top free agent TE's, they sign both of them. WTF?

For some reason Denver picked up Von Miller's option. I don't see why they would decline Jackson's and pick up Miller's. One of them has been really good and there is no depth behind him, and the one they picked up keeps getting hurt, didn't play all that well last time he was healthy and there is depth. That is on par with Elway signing Nick Vannett, when he had to be drunk to think that was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    So Patriots don't sign 1 of the top free agent TE's, they sign both of them. WTF?
    Didn't they draft 2 somewhat early last year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Didn't they draft 2 somewhat early last year?
    3rd round yeah. So much for that I guess.

Just the whole thing, it's almost like Bill treated last year as a throw away, in everything and was planning all along for this offseason. I know that's logically not true, but with all the moves made, and the likely moves to come (drafting a QB), it just seems like Bill was intent to hit hard reset this year, regardless of what had happened last year. We could have made the playoffs and I think Bill would have still done pretty much what he is doing now.

All in all it's pretty amazing and scary and awesome. Even if he doesn;t hit on every move he makes, if he can just hit on the QB in the draft, then we are in business again. (big IF though, obviously)

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots were in a weird spot last year with the opt-outs and had cap space carry over. Still this is more aggressive than anyone anticipated, certainly out of character for them to be the ones awarding conditional picks instead of receiving them.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaq Griffin heading to Jacksonville https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status...66682612801536

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Maybe they want to go back to 2010-2011 style when they had Gronkowski and Hernandez? That was a really good offense, seems like it would actually fit Cam pretty well too and they could even expand on it in the running game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Raiders released Rodney Hudson.

I'm too mad to verbiage my opinion on this without devolving into a string of expletives.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The Raiders released Rodney Hudson.

I'm too mad to verbiage my opinion on this without devolving into a string of expletives.
    Clearing the decks for....

What, exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

This could be a good sign for cash-strapped teams in need of a WR. The market is apparently "really bad" right now.

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/statu...20270546505729

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This could be a good sign for cash-strapped teams in need of a WR. The market is apparently "really bad" right now.

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/statu...20270546505729
    Teams likely don't want to pay a receiver when so many rookies/2nd year players have performed well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teams likely don't want to pay a receiver when so many rookies/2nd year players have performed well.
    Yeah there's getting to be too many WRs, yet somehow there are still teams that could use them. Probably because some teams that will not be mentioned but recently won a Super Bowl have more starting-caliber WRs than they have actual uses for them.

Dalton to the Bears.

With Winston and Dalton both gone, I have a feeling Denver is going to end up signing Tyrod Taylor to take over for Lock after he shits the bed....

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalton to the Bears.

With Winston and Dalton both gone, I have a feeling Denver is going to end up signing Tyrod Taylor to take over for Lock after he shits the bed....
    Dalton.... honestly maybe scares me a little. If he can be "resoundingly average" Dalton at least.

Also bold of you to think the Broncos will sign anybody and not just run Drew Lock for a full season.

- - - Updated - - -

I say again, bold of you to assume the Broncos are signing anybody.

Taylor to the Texans to start after they trade Watson.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...30774841085956

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also bold of you to think the Broncos will sign anybody and not just run Drew Lock for a full season.
    George Paton has been consistent in saying he is going to bring in a vet backup since he was hired. The 3 best of those are not available now, so maybe that changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that makes 4 gone. Blaine Gabbert here we come.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-03-16 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that makes 4 gone. Blaine Gabbert here we come.
    Paton playing the long game. He's going to trade for Deshaun Watson.

Honestly, the Texans needed a back up QB anyway. This might not say anything about Watson and if he's staying or going. Certainly now possible with Tyrod on the Texans though. Tyrod would have been the starter in LA last year of not for the medical fuck up. He can definitely still be a passable QB if the team around him is any good.

All of the backup QBs decided this afternoon was the time to sign with teams, Brissett to the Dolphins.