Ian Book starting tonight. I'm a Notre Dame fan, and trust me: he is not good.

Book or the Boat who has only been there a couple days. Sounds like a disaster either way.

Speaking of not good. Denver's defense is tied for 1st in points allowed per game, yet has a losing record. Pat Shurmur is amazing at his job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m so sorry you have to be a ND fan. Is there anything we can do to help?
    There's nothing anyone can do.
    /s

Story among Jets fans is that Wilson had a good game, but look at the Jags defense on this play:

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1475171447710572547

You have the pocket collapsing but the left defensive end goes way wide and falls over, then the left DT cuts to the middle and leaves the entire right side open. #45 realizes it first and starts chasing from the opposite side and is the only one still in the play as Wilson leaves the other 5 defenders behind (including the one he literally has to jump around). Then #45 is chasing him and visibly slows down, only to realize that Wilson is cutting back in his direction so he speeds up (and gets a hand on Wilson - oops guess you shouldn't have slowed down!). During this time #8 runs over but somehow takes an angle that causes him to run 2 yards behind Wilson as his momentum takes him out of bounds. #38 has an angle on him just before the end zone but seems to just say, "Whatever" as he watches Wilson gallup into the end zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There's nothing anyone can do.
    I was honestly surprised he made an NFL roster. He's one of those guys who was fine against mediocre college teams but put him up against Alabama and it was hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Lol, good to know. I never heard anyone talk about it until the early 2000s.
    I was shocked at first too, I don't think it was big until the 2000's, or at least somehow mainstreamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    I was shocked at first too, I don't think it was big until the 2000's, or at least somehow mainstreamed.
    That's when it took off online. Rotisserie baseball was a thing for years, but I never really knew anything about a football equivalent until the 2000s.

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes
    Last edited by draynay; 2021-12-27 at 10:32 PM.
    /s

Well that was a promising start to the career of Ian Book, 4 yard pass...then a touchdown for the wrong team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still kills me that the Saints are paying actual money to Nick Vannett.
    /s

I thought the same thing last year when Denver did it. Makes no sense how he keeps tricking teams.

I guess watching the ball bounce off the turf does not count as an incomplete pass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Refs giving Miami a do-over by rewinding the clock because they got confused.
    /s

Refs giving Miami a do-over by rewinding the clock because they got confused.
    Yeah that whole review was a shitshow. Took too long on a review, if it isn't clear and obvious go with the call on the field. Watching the review and seeing the ball bounce off the ground (because what else could it have hit, air?) and getting the review wrong and THEN Miami's coach not knowing how the fucking rules work after reviews and the clock starts winding and then the refs stop the clock and then reset the clock and let them start over. What a disaster of refereeing right there. I swear one day the NFL will actually pay for full time refs, get younger refs and EMBRACE technology to fix this kind of crap. NAHHHH.

The Saints have either Vannett or Ethan Wolf for tonight at TE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What a disaster of refereeing right there. I swear one day the NFL will actually pay for full time refs, get younger refs and EMBRACE technology to fix this kind of crap. NAHHHH.
    Takes a minimum of 10 years of experience to get to the NFL level. Five years has to be at the college level. Then you more or less have to have someone retire I bet. Tons of politics involved etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Takes a minimum of 10 years of experience to get to the NFL level. Five years has to be at the college level. Then you more or less have to have someone retire I bet. Tons of politics involved etc. etc.
    Wouldn't need 10 years if the NFL held their own refereeing classes, teaching sessions, being at NFL practices, whatever it takes to teach the next group of refs. The system we have now is ass. Of course things won't change any time soon if at all.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a brutal game to watch. 4th QB of the year, most different starters to play in a season in NFL history. 0 for 9 on third downs with negative yards total on 3rd down. Shit loads of QB sacks. I mean I know Book had no prep for this game because of covid but damn this is bad.

Throwing the ball away on 4th down. Taking a sack instead of throwing it away. 7 sacks. 8 sacks. (No helmet to helmet personal foul on the sack.)

Also, is it just me or are the Saints really bad taking away the other teams best receiving threat? Be it a tight end or WR they are god awful at shutting down that weapon unless Lattimore is on fire.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-12-28 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wishing they'd dressed Book for some of the terrible Siemien games, maybe he could've gotten some experience.
    /s

I was wishing they'd dressed Book for some of the terrible Siemien games, maybe he could've gotten some experience.
    Yeesh that 4th down throw. And I dunno Siemien wasn't great but he also didn't have Kamara for all of those games I believe.

Kamara is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    Kamara is garbage.
    Yeah totally garbage, in not even 5 complete seasons he has 4k rushing yards, 3k receiving yards (only player ever in a 5 year start to a career), 67 total touchdowns. God what a shit player.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2021-12-28 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Ian Book starting tonight. I'm a Notre Dame fan, and trust me: he is not good.
    Welp, no surprise here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah totally garbage, in not even 5 complete seasons he has 4k rushing yards, 3k receiving yards (only player ever in a 5 year start to a career), 67 total touchdowns. God what a shit player.
    Yeah he's definitely a good player, but may be losing some tread on his tires. This year his production has significantly fallen off - of course some of that is Brees, but he's a 5th year running back and a lot of running backs start declining around that time. To be fair, Kamara only has 870 career carries so he might last a bit longer, but his best years are probably behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Yeah he's definitely a good player, but may be losing some tread on his tires. This year his production has significantly fallen off - of course some of that is Brees, but he's a 5th year running back and a lot of running backs start declining around that time. To be fair, Kamara only has 870 career carries so he might last a bit longer, but his best years are probably behind him.
    Or with the Saints QB situation being what it is and the WR situation being what it is teams can focus on stopping Kamara a lot more than they used to be able to. No Thomas, No Brees, hell even with Winston in the game and Taysom Hill in the jack of all trades role the offense was a bit harder to stop. Now? Not so much.