10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    2. However, the bad calls were evenly distributed on both sides when you consider that Carr put on his best Lebron impression and got a free 15 yards. I also saw a lot of egregious no calls. Raiders should've been called for at least 3 delay of games and got away with an obvious DPI when a LB bear hugged Joe Mixon on one of our many red zone trips.
    Chase getting away with another blatant OPI shove, holding calls missed or in one case near phantomed. Those happen on both sides, it's different to a whistle that stops play, but allow the result of the dead play to stand when it's a touchdown.

Do you get rid of Gruden's staff and try to keep it going with Mayock and a new HC? What do you do with the Derek Carr experiment? I don't have the answers for you. But what Mr.Davis does with both will define them for the next decade.
    New HC yes, Bisaccia is a great character coach and motivator but he's tactically out of his depth.

You keep Mayock though and give him one draft and FA without the ear of Jon Gruden constantly pushing and pulling. It's no secret that the high round picks were Gruden guys, that have all failed to pan out except Kolton Miller. Meanwhile the mid rounds have given us Crossby and Renfrow.

If they didn't have to compete in the same division as the Cheifs and Chargers, I'd be a lot more optimistic about their prospects in the next few years.
    The Chiefs are one Kelce retirement away from losing a major part of their arsenal, there's cracks starting to show, and it's a matter of how long can Andy keep papering over them.

As to the Chargers, 90s Brad Pitt is an excellent quarterback, but they keep letting him down with the team around him, and the absolute lack of fans in the stands.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

On the Buccs WRs: "Chris Evans is really just the last man standing ...."

WHAT? You mean the last superstar wide receiver playing for the Buccs right now? Jeeeeeeez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You can argue it until you're blue in the face. You have more of a problem with it than the players/coaches on the Raiders. If it was such an egregious fuckup it would have had as much traction as many other famous fuckups like the 'No Call in NOLA' a few years ago. It doesn't have that traction, it was a weird flukey thing and a ref fuckup but Raiders had chances to come back and didn't do it. Let. It. Go.
    People are still discussing it so, no.

Also the Raiders did come back, they put up 13 points to 6 after that call, but you're always fighting adversity when your opponent gets a free +6. Maybe you'd be more bothered if it was your team. But you're talking to someone who's put up with 20 years of tuck rule bullshit, and the media dragging that out whenever there's the slightest bit of snow. And whenever we face the Cowboys we get reminded of Gene and his folded index card.

We don't get hot over no calls, or bad calls. We're hot because the rules are changed on the spot. Inadvertant whistles happen, we've had them, they replay the down, or stop a runner's progress at the point of the whistle when he was clear in for 6.

You're trying to argue it was ok because in your mind it probably doesn't matter. No. Rules are there to be enforced, not just ignored at a referee's whim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Might be premature but Hurts isn't the guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    People are still discussing it so, no
    Not that many, but hey that call was just as bad as some of the other massive ref blunders over the past few years. Oh wait. It isn't getting as much attention as those is it? Nope. Yeah sure opponent got a free +6, they didn't throw a TD pass or anything. Nah replay it they TOTALLY wouldn't have scored some points. Again, the refs decided that the whistle happened AFTER THE PLAY. They were wrong but THAT is why they had to let the play stand instead of redoing the play. They did NOT change the rules on the spot. You can twist it all you want but you're trying to twist shit to suit your 'Raider Narrative'. Get. over. it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that many, but hey that call was just as bad as some of the other massive ref blunders over the past few years. Oh wait. It isn't getting as much attention as those is it? Nope. Yeah sure opponent got a free +6, they didn't throw a TD pass or anything. Nah replay it they TOTALLY wouldn't have scored some points.
    And if they score 3 points instead of 7, that 4th down interception is a field goal and we're playing overtime.

Quit telling other people how to feel about something, it's not a good look.

And not getting attention? They've wheeled out Raider alumni on various networks today to talk about it. It was discussed last night during the subsequent blowout. It's going to get discussed the next time these teams face and probably the subsequent few years of games after that.

And if they score 3 points instead of 7, that 4th down interception is a field goal and we're playing overtime.

Quit telling other people how to feel about something, it's not a good look.
    You are trying to claim a 'rule was changed on the spot' which is you LYING. That is the first problem. Secondly you are trying to assume if the play was replayed that the rest of the game plays out the same way which you CAN NOT KNOW. All that matters is how the teams responded after the ref error. Your team didn't get it done. Simple as that. They weren't robbed to the extent as a 4th quarter end of the game bad call which other teams have had happen. It's not a good look how much you can't let this go, but whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have to think this is Brady's last drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bottom line? The refs were so bad in that game they ended their own season.
    lol. One and done.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are trying to claim a 'rule was changed on the spot' which is you LYING.
    Tell me what the rule is when an inadvertent whistle is blown then?

And you're right, you can't know, so stop saying it didn't matter.

Guarantee you'd still be pissed if it was your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bottom line? The refs were so bad in that game they ended their own season.
    No question they shouldn't be involved in any other games this year (or any other). They were shit refs. Not arguing that. But they claimed the whistle happened AFTER the catch so that means they could NOT redo the play.

10+ Year Old Account
    No question they shouldn't be involved in any other games this year (or any other). They were shit refs. Not arguing that. But they claimed the whistle happened AFTER the catch so that means they could NOT redo the play.
    So they lied about the events to justify them ignoring the rules? Great.

It'd be less of a problem if they straight up admitted they fucked up, but now they're denying ever making an error.

Tell me what the rule is when an inadvertent whistle is blown then?

And you're right, you can't know, so stop saying it didn't matter.

Guarantee you'd still be pissed if it was your team.
    Again I DO fucking know a rule wasn't changed on the spot. Here you go, I'll even do the fucking work for you. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-on-beng...stle-came-afte

The refs determined the whistle happened AFTER THE TD. Which we ALL know was wrong. But since the refs decided that New York/replay officials could NOT change it do a redo. PERIOD. Stop twisting reality to fit your warped narrative.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eagles comback begins! Only 2 scores away

It'd be less of a problem if they straight up admitted they fucked up, but now they're denying ever making an error.
    It's pretty funny seeing them try to gaslight an entire fanbase
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2022-01-16 at 09:00 PM.

Yes they totally lied to screw the Raiders. It couldn't have been that the refs were just fucking incompetent and made a mistake during the play and compounded it by believing the whistle happened after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they totally lied to screw the Raiders. It couldn't have been that the refs were just fucking incompetent and made a mistake during the play and compounded it by believing the whistle happened after.
    It's easier to lie and say you made a mistake than admit you got it wrong and probably get fired for an egregious rule error.

Yes, I'm saying they lied to cover their own necks. No you aren't going to agree with me, but I frankly don't care.

It's easier to lie and say you made a mistake than admit you got it wrong and probably get fired for an egregious rule error.

Yes, I'm saying they lied to cover their own necks. No you aren't going to agree with me, but I frankly don't care.
    Then they ALSO had to lie on the field when they were discussing the play because review could not step in and change it once they ruled the whistle happened after the play. They had to continue the lie after the game and keep the whole thing as a big lie just to fuck over the Raiders and their fans. Hell the fucking raider players and coaches are less butt hurt over this than you. Says a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they ALSO had to lie on the field when they were discussing the play because review could not step in and change it once they ruled the whistle happened after the play. They had to continue the lie after the game and keep the whole thing as a big lie just to fuck over the Raiders and their fans. Hell the fucking raider players and coaches are less butt hurt over this than you. Says a lot.
    Again, they don't care about Raiders fans and players, they care about their own jobs.

It's easy to win an argument when you make up what the other person is saying.

Again, they don't care about Raiders fans and players, they care about their own jobs.

It's easy to win an argument when you make up what the other person is saying.
    Yup they could have let New York help them and quickly tell them the whistle happened during the play and to replay it, however they decided to all cover it up and lie for some reason so they could look even worse. Sure by deciding to lie they look WORSE and likely don't get to ref any future playoff games this year and could even face discipline. Yeah they lied because it made the most sense to do so. Jesus fucking Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    You act like they got suspended over that one incident and not being consistently awful throughout, their officiating got worse after that.

I'm actually surprised more Bengals aren't pissed that the referees totally ignored a time out call on the defence that led to 12 men on the field and a free hit on Burrow, that could have gone disastrously.

As to why New York didn't call in? No idea, ask them.

You act like they got suspended over that one incident and not being consistently awful throughout, their officiating got worse after that.

I'm actually surprised more Bengals aren't pissed that the referees totally ignored a time out call on the defence that led to 12 men on the field and a free hit on Burrow, that could have gone disastrously.
    Bengals fans are happy their team won a playoff game. Bad calls happen in every football game ever. Some are far worse than others. Some fans get over it. Some don't.