The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Seahawks too, and you could say Steelers with Big Ben as well, I feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Payton making it VERY obvious that he is not coaching in 2022...but also very obviously not speaking to coaching again after that.

If that's how it goes, he might Gruden it and get lured back with a ridiculous contract by some desperate team.

Hang on, didn't Payton coach the Raiders as an assistent at some point...hmmmmmm
    He was on that loaded Parcells staff with Dallas too. Worth watching if Dallas loses Moore and McCarthy bungles is way out of the job there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    From what I understand he is under contract for 3 more years. He could sit out 2022 but if he comes back in 2023 he is under contract for the Saints, meaning any team would still have to trade for him. A one year sabbatical does not free him from the contract.
    It seems to me that top head coaches like Payton are underpaid. They don't count against the salary cap, and they clearly make a difference. However, I think so much of their performance is tied up with qb that they don't leave a good situation when they find one.

Remember that Gruden was traded for 2 firsts and 2 seconds... crazy.

10+ Year Old Account

Hang on, didn't Payton coach the Raiders as an assistent at some point...hmmmmmm
    Nope. He's no ties to the Raiders.

You sure you're not thinking about Jim Harbaugh?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Nope. He's no ties to the Raiders.

You sure you're not thinking about Jim Harbaugh?
    No definitely not...

Apparently got the Raiders confused with the Cowboys, it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    No definitely not...

go to sleep, old man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    He was on that loaded Parcells staff with Dallas too. Worth watching if Dallas loses Moore and McCarthy bungles is way out of the job there.
    Cowboys fans have been thirsting for Payton for years.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playof...source=twitter

That was a great read. It goes fairly deep on how Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan's offenses work, how they started the same and then evolved due to the league figuring them out. Just fun insight even when you are not a fan of either team.

10+ Year Old Account

That was a great read. It goes fairly deep on how Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan's offenses work, how they started the same and then evolved due to the league figuring them out. Just fun insight even when you are not a fan of either team.
    As advertised, that was indeed a great read. Thanks.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    No definitely not...

I am fucking offended.

That would be like comparing you with the Jags.

Edit: With apologies to the Jags.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Rams tried to prevent this, but it looks like their attempts have failed.

Ticket resale trends suggest more 49ers fans than Rams fans will attend NFC Championship Game
    The 49ers may once again have a loud road crowd on Sunday in Los Angeles.

After 49ers fans got so loud inside SoFi Stadium during the regular-season finale that the Rams had to use silent counts at home, the Rams have pleaded with their fans not to sell their tickets to 49ers fans. But analyses of the ticket resale markets suggest that the 49ers will have more fans attending the NFC Championship Game than the Rams have on Sunday.

The Los Angeles Times reports that ticket resale site Vivid Seats is estimating that 65 percent of fans in attendance will be 49ers fans. Vivid Seats estimated the crowd at 60 percent 49ers fans for the regular season game. Meanwhile, the secondary ticket site TickPick said the Rams’ attempt to curtail sales to customers outside of Los Angeles is an ineffective tactic that sometimes backfires and motivates fans of the road team to get more aggressive about buying tickets on resale sites.

With four days to go before the game, plenty of tickets will still be resold. But right now, there’s every reason to think the 49ers will again have a very large contingent of fans in Los Angeles.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account

Good read but also a little frustrating. Solely by the graphs it looks like belichick demolished the rams offense, but it also ignores gurley (I just realized his name is girly) being what he was (or wasn’t) that game. Which itself still has mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So the Rams tried to prevent this, but it looks like their attempts have failed.

Ticket resale trends suggest more 49ers fans than Rams fans will attend NFC Championship Game
    LA crowds don’t understand when to cheer anyway, do they? Haven’t there been a bunch of home games the past couple years where they had to go silent count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    LA crowds don’t understand when to cheer anyway, do they? Haven’t there been a bunch of home games the past couple years where they had to go silent count?
    Most notably, the final game of the season between the Niners and Rams, yeah. I don't know if it's happened other times before, but Stafford's wife outed it on her podcast after the last game.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember it mentioned when Goff was there
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember it mentioned when Goff was there
    Indeed, it appears you're correct.

Guardian: In Los Angeles and around the NFL, away fans are taking over
    It has become one of the peculiar features of the NFL calendar since both the Chargers and Rams relocated to Los Angeles in 2017, marking a reunion between America’s second-largest market and its most popular sporting league: more often than not, the teams’ home games look and sound like home games for the opposition. Chargers players were showered with boos when they took the field against the visiting Philadelphia Eagles two years ago. The Rams got the same treatment last season at home against the Packers. Both Rivers, the Chargers quarterback, and Rams quarterback Jared Goff have regularly been forced to use a silent count to combat the noise generated by the away side’s fans, typically an unnecessary measure to take for a team playing at home.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh that implies it’s not just la fans cheering cluelessly but actually opposing fans. It makes sense as a vacation package too, see your team live and do touristy la shit.

Oh that implies it’s not just la fans cheering cluelessly but actually opposing fans. It makes sense as a vacation package too, see your team live and do touristy la shit.
    And some of it is that when you're as big a city as LA, you have a lot of fans of teams from other areas where the fans are more rabid. So those fans get excited and come to that one specific game. LA fans just don't care as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    And some of it is that when you're as big a city as LA, you have a lot of fans of teams from other areas where the fans are more rabid. So those fans get excited and come to that one specific game. LA fans just don't care as much.
    Which is really just more telling about how little of a fan base there is for the LA football teams.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I am fucking offended.

That would be like comparing you with the Jags.

Edit: With apologies to the Jags.
    Yeah, the Jags won in week 18

- - - Updated - - -

Oh more of your "LA fans" talk for me to roll my eyes at.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Which is really just more telling about how little of a fan base there is for the LA football teams.
    Yeah that definitely doesn't happen in New York which could have the same problem, but they have rabid season ticket holders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Yeah that definitely doesn't happen in New York which could have the same problem, but they have rabid season ticket holders.
    New York hasn't played musical chairs with its teams, though. It takes time to build up a loyal local fan base, and the LA area hasn't had a lot of stability between the Chargers, Rams, and Raiders. They spent 20 years without a team, and that's tough to bounce back from.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils