10+ Year Old Account
    There's always PFF

LT - Orlando Brown 74.3 (18th of 79)
    LG - Joe Thuney 72.5 (19th of 74)
    C - Creed Humphrey 90.7 (1st of 39)
    RG - Trey Smith 79.7 (6th of 74)
    RT - Lucas Niang 67.0 (42nd of 79)

I always take PFF with a grain of salt, for example they always rate Kirk Cousins highly, but then watching him play tends to be a bit gruesome.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    How do they get those rankings? I watched the game today and it just seemed like someone was always chasing him and that caused him to scramble. To be fair I don't watch every KC game.
    Not sure how they get their numbers, they were just the ones I found with current rankings. As Draynay pointed out they have 2 top 6 at their position and 2 more top 20. Hard to imagine that isn't top 10 in the NFL. PFF gets their numbers by grading every play for every player. Even if you take what they have with a bit of salt they are good to gauge around how good people are playing.

The QB scrambling doesn't neccesarily indicate the line failed. And I think that is the case in KC. His line is holding long enough for him to get through his progression and he should either have thrown the ball or thrown it away, but he cuts to the right or left before then even without nearly enough pressure to get him out of the pocket.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-11-02 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mahomes is graded at 73.0 (22nd out of 34) right now. He was graded at 93 for his MVP season.

Much maligned S Daniel Sorenson is at 35.5 (84th of 86), most of the defensive grades are pretty bad aside from Fenton & Thornhill, Chris Jones is OK but he's playing out of position at end where he's less valuable because Clark and Okafor have been non-factors.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...95101523173377

Ruggs involved in an early morning crash, 1 fatality. Police found him impaired and charged him with DUI.

If he's broken the law here and found guilty, I've no sympathy for him. Raider or not, his stupidity has cost someone their life.

I do hope he gets help and support though.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping for hot trade news, not horrible depressing news.

Only news on that front is that Ingram III is an upgrade for the aforementioned sad group of KC pass rushers.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well in trade news, OBJ and Watson aren't being traded.

OBJ always seemed a longshot to me, at least mid-season. If the Browns decide to cut bait with him it'll be in the offseason.

Watson is a surprise to not see dealt, but I'm guessing in the end the Texans wanted "Superstar in his prime" value while the Dolphins wanted "this guy might not play for the next 2 years while his legal situation is worked out" value.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I always take PFF with a grain of salt, for example they always rate Kirk Cousins highly, but then watching him play tends to be a bit gruesome.
    I watch some of their podcasts and they have talked about how this is a flaw in how they grade. Kirk/the gameplan for the Vikings has been notoious for being run heavy with limited passing work. The passes he does throw are fairly short average depth of target, and are always pretty safe. So he ends up with a limited amount of turnover worthy plays which are the biggest negative plays for QBs.

When using EPA Kirk ends 17th, so something between his PFF rank and EPA rank is likely where he actually belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well in trade news, OBJ and Watson aren't being traded.

OBJ always seemed a longshot to me, at least mid-season. If the Browns decide to cut bait with him it'll be in the offseason.

Watson is a surprise to not see dealt, but I'm guessing in the end the Texans wanted "Superstar in his prime" value while the Dolphins wanted "this guy might not play for the next 2 years while his legal situation is worked out" value.
    OBJ released something showing all the times he was open but didn't get thrown to, just trade him now in my opinion. Not doing the Browns many favors, he has been a non-factor mainly when healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    OBJ released something showing all the times he was open but didn't get thrown to, just trade him now in my opinion. Not doing the Browns many favors, he has been a non-factor mainly when healthy.
    Non-factor but I doubt they want to send him to, say, Green Bay and watch him go off in the Playoffs while they're sitting at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Non-factor but I doubt they want to send him to, say, Green Bay and watch him go off in the Playoffs while they're sitting at home.
    They are run heavy and when they do pass they mostly pass to RBs or one of various TEs or WRs. I'm sure they have needs, they could trade for something they need to a team that needs a WR. I don't know, I guess I am just down on OBJ because he is all drama and not so much performance. I used to think it was just "passion" but he is on a run heavy team and is releasing videos of all the times he was open and not passed to, just petty.

As a surprise to no one, because this happens every year, Bryce Callahan is hurt. Denver also traded some random corner I didn't know was on the team to the Eagles.

I was hoping Noah Fant would be traded, but turns out a TE that can't block at all, drops a lot of passes and gets tackled if someone sneezes on him doesn't really have a market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...95101523173377

Ruggs involved in an early morning crash, 1 fatality. Police found him impaired and charged him with DUI.

If he's broken the law here and found guilty, I've no sympathy for him. Raider or not, his stupidity has cost someone their life.

I do hope he gets help and support though.
    Maybe you were just being safe but he’s been charged with dui manslaughter or w/e the terminology is for being the cause of the other drivers death. He hit the back of their truck and somehow that turned into the truck being engulfed in flames with the driver dead by the time the fire department got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Maybe you were just being safe but he’s been charged with dui manslaughter or w/e the terminology is for being the cause of the other drivers death. He hit the back of their truck and somehow that turned into the truck being engulfed in flames with the driver dead by the time the fire department got there.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...esulting-death

"Felony DUI resulting in death" according to that article, which carries a possible sentence of 2 to 20 years in state prison. Hopefully he won't be able to Leonard Little his way out of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miami Dolphins pushed hard to get Watson and his Civil suits to settle, and part of it included a "very very robust non-disclosure agreement".

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/...27635585953792

Fuck the Dolphins and espcially their slime ball owner, who publically says he stays out of Football matters and let's the team get on with it, and was by the team's own admission yesterday, HEAVILY involved in this whole Watson to the Dolphins trade thing.

And now these details. Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...esulting-death

"Felony DUI resulting in death" according to that article, which carries a possible sentence of 2 to 20 years in state prison. Hopefully he won't be able to Leonard Little his way out of this.
    From what I understand, in Nevada there is no probation for dui resulting in death. Its 2 years MINIMUM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Miami Dolphins pushed hard to get Watson and his Civil suits to settle, and part of it included a "very very robust non-disclosure agreement".

Fuck the Dolphins and espcially their slime ball owner, who publically says he stays out of Football matters and let's the team get on with it, and was by the team's own admission yesterday, HEAVILY involved in this whole Watson to the Dolphins trade thing.

Yikes, an NDA, scummy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always PFF

LT - Orlando Brown 74.3 (18th of 79)
    LG - Joe Thuney 72.5 (19th of 74)
    C - Creed Humphrey 90.7 (1st of 39)
    RG - Trey Smith 79.7 (6th of 74)
    RT - Lucas Niang 67.0 (42nd of 79)

I'm not a huge fan of PFF. Some of their rankings just make me scratch my head.

Though that rank of Humphrey does make me salty. If we hadn't traded for Adams we coulda got him, hes playing extremely well for a rookie. Center is one of our biggest holes.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Also fuck Goodell. when trade talks were heating up and teams were concerned about him getting put on the exempt list he was like "ya, we are happy with the legal process... Until next time friends!"

Not many trades, bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ruggs has been officially released. No surprise after his DUI arrest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of PFF. Some of their rankings just make me scratch my head.

Though that rank of Humphrey does make me salty. If we hadn't traded for Adams we coulda got him, hes playing extremely well for a rookie. Center is one of our biggest holes.
    As long as people don't worship it as gospel it can be a useful data point. Like Humphrey there, I don't believe he's been the best center in the league, but he's certainly playing well.
    /s