The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Today in "You really should be more specific." Brian Gutekunst said that Rodgers is the Packers QB for the "foreseeable future." Triggering immediate speculation they could trade last year's first round pick.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Today in "You really should be more specific." Brian Gutekunst said that Rodgers is the Packers QB for the "foreseeable future." Triggering immediate speculation they could trade last year's first round pick.
    Wasn’t there some leaked trade sending Jordan Love to the Patriots or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Wasn’t there some leaked trade sending Jordan Love to the Patriots or something?
    Don't know. I saw one tweet saying the Broncos are the frontrunners.

Of course all that hinges on if they mean "Rodgers will retire a Packer" or if "foreseeable future" expires in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Don't know. I saw one tweet saying the Broncos are the frontrunners.
    They are the team everyone immediately put any available QB to, I wouldn't pay any attention to those. No one has any clue what Denver is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    They are the team everyone immediately put any available QB to, I wouldn't pay any attention to those. No one has any clue what Denver is doing.
    Even the front office?!

My thought on mock is with all the online tools out there anyone and their brother can throw a mock draft together in a couple of minutes. All the big mockers like McShay are stealing money on the way to the bank. They simply are there for the talk and to get viewers for ads really.

Rumors out there the Falcons are taking offers for Julio Jones now.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Even the front office?!
    He is a first time GM, so it is entirely possible.

If he trades for Bridgewater or drafts like Gruden/Mayock, then we will know the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE Mockdrafts, but only if I made them myself. Mel Kiper and Todd McShay can go fuck themselves.

Doing Mock drafts online, at like PFF or other sites is like a game. A game that lets you get familiar with the names that are out there and how draft boards might develop and, if you are new to them, will also allow you to gain some understanding about what it takes to make trades.

It's basically like Fantasy Football drafting, with the same caveat that no one cares about your mock/draft.

But fun to do for personal enjoyment.

- - - Updated - - -

If he trades for Bridgewater or drafts like Gruden/Mayock, then we will know the answer.
    Oops.

Broncos just traded for Bridgewater. Only cost a 6th rounder though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly for just a 6th rounder that was a good trade. Also tells me the Panthers were looking to dump Bridgewater for whatever they could.

They are absolutely in the QB market, might even trade up for one at this point.

Also Broncos are only paying Bridgewater 3M this year, with panthers taking on 7M of his salary. So this is closer to them giving a 6th for a backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Also Broncos are only paying Bridgewater 3M this year, with panthers taking on 7M of his salary. So this is closer to them giving a 6th for a backup QB.
    Kind of funny that the Saints also got a 3rd rounder this year as a compensatory for Bridgewater's original signing in Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Broncos just traded for Bridgewater. Only cost a 6th rounder though.
    The only positive I can get out of this is the Panthers are paying most of his salary. If they take a QB in the 1st and dump Lock the move makes more sense.

I LOVE Mockdrafts, but only if I made them myself. Mel Kiper and Todd McShay can go fuck themselves.

Doing Mock drafts online, at like PFF or other sites is like a game. A game that lets you get familiar with the names that are out there and how draft boards might develop and, if you are new to them, will also allow you to gain some understanding about what it takes to make trades.

It's basically like Fantasy Football drafting, with the same caveat that no one cares about your mock/draft.

But fun to do for personal enjoyment.
    I will admit in the past I've done a few mock draft with other people online and done some crazy things like draft a punt 5th overall and other weirdeness. Just for kicks and grins.

- - - Updated - - -

True that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Teddy gave up a lot for this deal, his 3rd year of the contract is gone and he cut his salary by $7mil. Essentially his 3 year $63mil deal turned into two years $34 mil, he is only getting the guaranteed money and some roster bonuses.

Carolina is paying out $31 mil of that and Denver only $3m, pretty expensive for one year of 5-11 football and a 6th rounder.
    Last edited by draynay; 2021-04-28 at 06:47 PM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I've given up trying to predict who Gruden and Mayock will draft so I've not followed it much this season. I'm sure whoever it is, twitter will hate it and Facebook will have a meltdown.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I've given up trying to predict who Gruden and Mayock will draft so I've not followed it much this season. I'm sure whoever it is, twitter will hate it and Facebook will have a meltdown.
    My favorite is the 'experts' immediately grading the drafts as if they know what will happen. I do remember in the older days they would actually savage trades and choices that they felt were reaches and give bad grades. Now? I can't remember the last time someone like Kiper savaged a draft. You just can't like or even rate every draft as 'average'. Some teams just whiff or do stupid shit like take a RB early or trade up for a player they likely could have got 10 picks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Are there any Clemson players expected to go in the 3rd round? That would be the best guess.

Joking aside, haven't they done decent player wise, but they just pick them way earlier than they needed to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Done a little playing with the mock board and what I'll say is...

I think the 49ers are going Trey Lance, Mac Jones falls to the Patriots, and the Packers take a CB.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh. 49ers called the Packers to ask if Rodgers was available.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...29058122096642

At least they tried. Would have been some historical irony if he was traded to the team that most famously passed on him.

- - - Updated - - -

MASS CHAOS!

Rodgers reportedly has told folks in the Packers organization he wants out.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1387850291219996679

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Rodgers is unhappy. Again. That's not news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Rodgers is unhappy. Again. That's not news.

Notably not mentioned, their Defense that routinely folds like a cheap chair in the playoffs.

Since Gregg Rosenthal was brought up, I have another joke.

Tebow is supposedly going to try to make an NFL comeback. Only took 10 years to figure out he should have played TE to begin with. I think asking for a tryout with the Jags is more likely to just be a marketing scheme than a legit tryout, but still funny.