The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Agreed. Awful name. I also don't see how a Navy Admiral is supposed to be Burgundy and Gold. Or any military title is supposed to be burgundy and gold. Those guys go in low key colors like dark blue and green.

Mindboggling choice.
    Maybe they're going to stop using colors that fit in a grandparent's basement then.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Maybe they're going to stop using colors that fit in a grandparent's basement then.
    You don't change colours as a team, unless you get moved. I'd be AMAZED if they changed team colours. Literally anything in terms of merchandise and fandom would suddenly be unusable.

I think there'd be riots on social media if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't change colours as a team, unless you get moved.
    Huh, what? Teams change colors all the time.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Literally anything in terms of merchandise and fandom would suddenly be unusable.

I think there'd be riots on social media if they did.
    I mean isn’t their old gear unusable as it is? Right colors, offensive logo so not allowed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Huh, what? Teams change colors all the time.
    Teams have alternates. Teams have Color Rush out fits. Those change all the time and are often different colours in wild variety.

Teams rarely if ever change their main colours, unless in very weak shifts in precise shade of colour.

Again, I'd be shocked if Washington went away from the Burgundy and Gold for their main home and away colours. The colours are just as much part of their identity as their name was, and they fought tooth and nail to not have to change it. I doubt they'd freely change their colours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they'll go for the Starfleet admiral look and focus on burgundy and black with gold piping.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Teams have alternates. Teams have Color Rush out fits. Those change all the time and are often different colours in wild variety.

Teams rarely if ever change their main colours, unless in very weak shifts in precise shade of colour.
    No, it happens far more often than you'd think.

Granted, it possibly happens less in the NFL than other pro leagues.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Anyone else wondering if Antonio Brown might have a legitimate beef here? I mean, given who he is, boo hoo who cares, but I'm honestly pretty curious now about whether he actually was hurt...
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-01-06 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Anyone else wondering if Antonio Brown might have a legitimate beef here? I mean, given who he is, boo hoo who cares, but I'm honestly pretty curious now about whether he actually was hurt...
    One thing is having a legitmate beef and leaving the field like a professional and the other is AB leaving the field as he did, posting on Instagram or whatever laughing about it and promoting some series or whatever. This is before we even get into the issue of it being a legit beef about playing hurt and being told to go on the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Bruce Arians certainly doesn;t come out of this looking great. AB and his lawyer know damn well that what they are saying needs to be true, cause its all easily verifiable on video and through posting texts. So if he's saying that Arians was lying about not knowing about the injury and made the cut throat gesture on the sideline, then you can bet that those things are true.

That still leaves a massive grey area about whether AB lead the Bucs on about his readyness and willingness to play hurt and other things that decide whether or not he is "in the right". But I doubt he is lying about the precise things he put in his statement. Just the rest of the picture might not be as he paints it.

Related to this, I also wonder how this influences Brady's relationship with Arians. Brady, for whatever reason, fucking LOVES AB. And after the game he said, multiple times, that AB had things going on and that it was all very hard. Brady has very deep beliefs about friendship and trust in people, and I wonder if this situation makes his trust in Arians erode. It wouldn't be a fast process, but I can see Brady wanting to move on from working with him, especially if this is a recurring theme in how Arians treats people/situations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I saw something about them just having new uniforms leak and actually look good but I didn’t click the article. The thumbnail was still red and yellow - made me think of Sh@zams movie costume
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruce Arians certainly doesn;t come out of this looking great. AB and his lawyer know damn well that what they are saying needs to be true, cause its all easily verifiable on video and through posting texts. So if he's saying that Arians was lying about not knowing about the injury and made the cut throat gesture on the sideline, then you can bet that those things are true.

That still leaves a massive grey area about whether AB lead the Bucs on about his readyness and willingness to play hurt and other things that decide whether or not he is "in the right". But I doubt he is lying about the precise things he put in his statement. Just the rest of the picture might not be as he paints it.

Related to this, I also wonder how this influences Brady's relationship with Arians. Brady, for whatever reason, fucking LOVES AB. And after the game he said, multiple times, that AB had things going on and that it was all very hard. Brady has very deep beliefs about friendship and trust in people, and I wonder if this situation makes his trust in Arians erode. It wouldn't be a fast process, but I can see Brady wanting to move on from working with him, especially if this is a recurring theme in how Arians treats people/situations.
    If Arians is making people play hurt then he's the perfect patsy for the NFL's efforts in pretending to care about player safety. They can throw the book at him and use it to try and paint their false image of concern. He should be wary.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day, in NFL Europe we had the Amsterdam Admirals:

10+ Year Old Account
    The discussion going around about "What if the Colts lose and Steelers win, will the Raiders and Chargers just kneel to a tie" is the dumbest discussion I've seen for some time.

Apart from the fact no one would ever risk the fury of the NFL's executive in doing it, the Raiders and Chargers hate each other and will play to eliminate the other as much as they'll play to see themselves in.

If the Colts and Steelers both lose, the Raiders are in regardless of result. You think they'll take their foot off the gas and not take the opportunity to give a "fuck you" to the Chargers?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The discussion going around about "What if the Colts lose and Steelers win, will the Raiders and Chargers just kneel to a tie" is the dumbest discussion I've seen for some time.

Apart from the fact no one would ever risk the fury of the NFL's executive in doing it, the Raiders and Chargers hate each other and will play to eliminate the other as much as they'll play to see themselves in.

If the Colts and Steelers both lose, the Raiders are in regardless of result. You think they'll take their foot off the gas and not take the opportunity to give a "fuck you" to the Chargers?
    You know thats just a joke right? No one actually thinks they would both just kneel for hours.

Plus if I were the Raiders and were assuredly in, I would put in my backups, wouldn't want to risk Carr breaking his leg in a meaningless game.

Washington Admirals is so dumb. 2 years to think of a name and that is what they come up with?

15+ Year Old Account
    Washington’s adderalls imo. Great marketing opportunities

Washington legbreakers would be perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    You know thats just a joke right? No one actually thinks they would both just kneel for hours.
    You say that, but there's people who genuinely think both teams should breeze by like it's a bye week.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing divisional games in the final week is one of the few things the NFL has gotten right. It should eliminate gamesmanship.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You say that, but there's people who genuinely think both teams should breeze by like it's a bye week.
    Personally I think its a great time to get players some practice that might not normally get much time. Like why play Baker Mayfield right now, or Derek Carr if you are a lock? Because you are playing a hated rival? How fucking dumb would you feel if Carr or Darren Waller get injured in a game that won't improve your chances at winning a playoff game? In Bakers case, why? Sit Nick Chubb and let D'Ernest Johnson go off. It absolutely makes no sense to me. I abhor losing games on purpose, but there are multiple teams that don't need to play their starters, and they wouldn't be doing anything wrong in sitting them to get their back ups some practice.