Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Happy I have time to level alts before flying

I’m not in a rush and only have my second covenant half way maxed plus my other alts got lots of love recently with the world events ( typically the only time they do).

Perhaps I’m just a scrub who is slow as crap but I’m not angry about it - it seems like most of the threads recently are from people who expect more and more to do in this one game but don’t like alts or xmog or pet battles etc - how do you feel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazlartist View Post
    I’m not in a rush and only have my second covenant half way maxed plus my other alts got lots of love recently with the world events ( typically the only time they do).

Perhaps I’m just a scrub who is slow as crap but I’m not angry about it - it seems like most of the threads recently are from people who expect more and more to do in this one game but don’t like alts or xmog or pet battles etc - how do you feel?
    Just enjoy the game at your own speed. Leveling alts now is rather convenient and easy.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dazlartist View Post
    how do you feel?
    Speaking as someone who got the 5th level 60 done yesterday, and thus have proven that I can and will level without flying: Give it from the beginning of an expansion already, PLEASE!!! I would get so much more stuff done because of it, and have so much more of a reason to spend more time playing than I do now. The other 4 are logging for missions and a bit of anima gathering as needed, so when Number 5 gets to a point where I cannot do more that day (no interesting WQs up, all followers on missions, don't feel like a dungeon), I play another game. With flying enabled, I would log Number 6 and 7 and maybe 8, and continue levelling them.

I'm the exact opposite, I'm not leveling any of my 11 level 50 alts until we get mounts in the Maw and flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Speaking as someone who got the 5th level 60 done yesterday, and thus have proven that I can and will level without flying: Give it from the beginning of an expansion already, PLEASE!!! I would get so much more stuff done because of it, and have so much more of a reason to spend more time playing than I do now. The other 4 are logging for missions and a bit of anima gathering as needed, so when Number 5 gets to a point where I cannot do more that day (no interesting WQs up, all followers on missions, don't feel like a dungeon), I play another game. With flying enabled, I would log Number 6 and 7 and maybe 8, and continue levelling them.
    That's not necessarily a good thing. First patch is usually the easiest time of an expansion. You just have the launch content to do. When 9.1 comes we'll have two new zones, a new raid, and a mega dungeon to do. Which you'll now have to do on all those toons. Yes, being able to fly will enable you to do 9.0 content faster, but the amount of time you'll be spending per character each day to be "done" will increase nonetheless. Pushing yourself to get "done" on 8 toons is the kind of thing that WILL lead to burnout.

Take BFA. At first you had to do WQs in 6 zones. Then the Naz/Mech patch came out and you had to do that, so 8 zones with tons of sidestuff. Getting flying sped that up, then we got 2 more zones in final patch. We're at the pre Naz/Mech spot right now.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That's not necessarily a good thing. First patch is usually the easiest time of an expansion. You just have the launch content to do.
    I would agree with your post, if only you had stopped here, because...

Which you'll now have to do on all those toons.
    Take BFA. At first you had to do WQs in 6 zones. Then the Naz/Mech patch came out and you had to do that, so 8 zones with tons of sidestuff.
    ...this is just plain wrong. There's no denying that many people feel the need to do it, feel obligated, forced even, but no. I do NOT "have to" do any of the things I do not want to do. Just like I do not have to farm my rear end off, trying to gather scraps of anima to feed my sanctums. So I don't. And I didn't in BfA. I did the things I felt I wanted to do, with flying speeding up the process and letting me do more of the stuff on more of my alts, causing me to spend more time playing the game.

I would agree with your post, if only you had stopped here, because...

...this is just plain wrong. There's no denying that many people feel the need to do it, feel obligated, forced even, but no. I do NOT "have to" do any of the things I do not want to do. Just like I do not have to farm my rear end off, trying to gather scraps of anima to feed my sanctums. So I don't. And I didn't in BfA. I did the things I felt I wanted to do, with flying speeding up the process and letting me do more of the stuff on more of my alts, causing me to spend more time playing the game.
    What's the difference between doing 24 world quests on 5 toons compared to doing 16 on 8 toons? Nothing. You say flying will have you playing more, while at the same time you're saying you're going to be doing less on each toon. Seems to be a non-starter to me.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I actually only have one character leveled and Covenant story up to date.

I'm probably going to wait until flying for most of the rest, I don't like leveling through Threads of Fate, but I hate Ravendreth more than any other zone in the game, that I'd rather wait until I can fly to level through it again.

Just enjoy the game at your own speed. Leveling alts now is rather convenient and easy.

It'll be drastically more convenient, easier, and faster in 9.1 so I'm just gonna wait, thanks.

You say flying will have you playing more, while at the same time you're saying you're going to be doing less on each toon. Seems to be a non-starter to me.
    Might be because you have a different perspective on gameplay than I have. There's more than WQs to be done with flying. Much more. Stuff I cannot be bothered to do now, knowing it will be so much easier with flying.

Nice try, Blizzard.

I leveled 5 and a half. Not doing anymore until flying and invasions. That is the easy way to level.

Might be because you have a different perspective on gameplay than I have. There's more than WQs to be done with flying. Much more. Stuff I cannot be bothered to do now, knowing it will be so much easier with flying.
    "Stuff". That's certainly conducive to discussion. It really annoys me when someone starts bringing out some incredibly vague argument that can't be discussed or disproven to support their argument. Like those guys who wave their hands and go "Look around you and you'll see how bad it is I shouldn't have to explain it to you" like it's an I-win button.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you're a scrub.
    If you don't want flying, mount a non flying mount and do it at your own crawling speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need flying for anything tbh, just leveled another alt, took me under 10 hours (probably about 8 if i deduct breaks) with threads of fate, just spammed dungeons. Got to renown 22ish in another 10 hours, which completed my story and got me a nice full covenant set (190). i only mounted to run between flight paths to discover them while in dungeon queue.

It really annoys me when someone starts bringing out some incredibly vague argument that can't be discussed or disproven to support their argument.
    Could have something to do with the fact that there have been hundreds of threads on the topic, with thousands of posts arguing about the same thing. No reason for me to explain it from scratch again. Basically, we're in the kind of argument right now that the first part of your signature relates to.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I'm the exact opposite, I'm not leveling any of my 11 level 50 alts until we get mounts in the Maw and flying.
    You can mount in the Maw now.

I'm also not doing the twisting corridors, got through three of them before I got bored out of my gourd. Not difficult, just take forever.

It's faster to level doing dungeon spam anyways these days - even as dps. Who needs to fly at all for that... I have a 60 Druid, Monk, Rogue, Mage, Priest, Warlock.