Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    no one can change my mind and i am not looking for a reason to play, i already do. what interests me more is if there are other people who share my opinion.
    Nah, surely there will be no one in this forum agreeing wit... oh wait, it's MMO-Champion, where the hate threads dedicated to Blizzard, Ion, WoW and every detail related or unrelated to them are a dime a dozen. Daily.
    And considering you made 405 posts and are here for a year you know this very well. You wanted an echo chamber where all the haters gathered to exchange how much they hate Blizzard and knew you would get it here. Don't pretend anything else.

By this point the website should rename to MMO-Enemy with how negative 80% of the posters are.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Shadowlands sells like good bread and people here are like "Blizzard can't make good games"

Some of you got some weird complexity regarding Blizzard games. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they are bad games, in the same way that lots of people here probably dislike Counter Strike but it's still a good game.
    Ummmmmm. I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Not that I have any particular desire to diminish Blizzard's success, but I think a lot of WoW's box sales are driven by a mixture of nostalgia and hope rather than confidence in the quality of the product.
    And this 500%. People are hoping they have fixed their shitty mistakes with things in the game. But no certain specs for classes are still shit. Even though evidence points at how they are at the bottom of the DPS charts. And yet Blizz has done nothing to correct the issues.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Nah, surely there will be no one in this forum agreeing wit... oh wait, it's MMO-Champion, where the hate threads dedicated to Blizzard, Ion, WoW and every detail related or unrelated to them are a dime a dozen. Daily.
    And considering you made 405 posts and are here for a year you know this very well. You wanted an echo chamber where all the haters gathered to exchange how much they hate Blizzard and knew you would get it here. Don't pretend anything else.

By this point the website should rename to MMO-Enemy with how negative 80% of the posters are.
    I've brought it up many times how this overall hate vibe vs blizzard negatively affects the forum to mods. Sadly the mods on the site are basicly the same

I guess its what they really want. I guess its also why its not an official fansite anymore and why literally only toxic tali comes here still

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    the only thing i agree with. the rest i will leave as it is.

Perhaps why they try reuse all their old games like Starcraft remastered, warcraft 3 and diablo 2 and of course the classic servers.

Hyped for d2 and d4 though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Basically- the same thing happened to Blizzard and MMO's in general that happens to everything in this world.

1) They created something great
    2) Corporations realized there was money it.
    3) Corporations swooped in, used the money they had to buy people out and took over.
    4) These corporations then examined all the little details of the product and tried to squeeze every red cent out of their "investment" (the product you used to love). In doing this- they changed the product so that it no longer resembles what you really loved and is now a "cash cow" for investors that threw up some money in Step 3 (above). Most of these investors have no real first hand knowledge of the product or field- they just want a "return" on their "investment" (surely you can understand). They don't even care if the product fails (some investors will even bet against it in a "play") as long as they make the profit they expected from it.
    5) The original fans of the product slowly lose faith and go elsewhere and the product dies a slow death as the corporation tries to bleed whatever funds are left in it- leaving an empty husk.
    6) Product/ genre is somewhat dead and the corporations move on to the next victim.

Sorry that's just how greed works, it doesn't care about your little "game"- it only cares for $$$$$$. There's ways to fix it, but people are just too lazy in general to bother.
    Except Activision has been their holding company for a long time and Blizzard has gone on record saying Activision is much more hands of than their last owner, Vivendi, was.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2021-02-24 at 04:32 PM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the mass of old games being remastered to feed the hungry nostalgic player and the criticism that blizzard receives for almost everything that has been released recently, I am not surprised. Blizzard simply lacks developers with a feeling for that certain something, developers who are children themselves and like to develop games, real games.

Games are simply no longer developed out of passion or because developers obviously enjoy doing them, but only so that they don't end up in the red at the end of the year. How can you develop games without much effort to keep the player on the hook, this is what 99% of all game industries are pursuing today. And don't get me wrong, that's fine too. But with the amount with which players are just getting f*cked over it no longer funny.

I also think it is not because blizzard doesn't want to create good games with effort anymore, they just can't. It feels like their games are currently being developed by lawyers and tax advisors instead of real developers with a burning passion for it.

Just wanted to get rid of.

Cheers
    They need heroes like you to show them how it should be done. Step up, be the hero you demand, and the hero we all need.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    It is hilarious how hyperbolic people are on the internet. Every time a band releases an album, every time a new game comes out, every new season of a TV series there's always these doomsayers who think that the world Is crumbling down around them. Why even post? Are you hoping someone can change your opinion (hint - no one will). So are you here to just discuss how much you hate Blizzard now?
    Dismissing peoples' opinions just because you don't agree with them and telling them to essentially shut up, is exactly why the social discourse on this planet has devolved into cave people throwing rocks at one another.

Back to the topic. Creative endeavors cannot scale in an international mega-corporation. Blizzard is risk-averse and just listens to the wrong people these days. As soon as PR and Marketing have a say in anything creative, it's time to move on. PR and Marketing people will always suck the life out of anything good as they are all people who think they are creative but don't actually have the ability to create anything.

If you want a great Blizzard game, just wait a few years for Morhaime's projects to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    They need heroes like you to show them how it should be done. Step up, be the hero you demand, and the hero we all need.
    I never said I could do better. Can you only criticize if you make things better? Then your world view is quite paradoxical

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Most of the 'Old Guard' is gone too. They've either moved to another company, made their own, or just quit completely. It probably dosen't help
    I mean thank Blizzard for underpaying staff for years and years on end at some point people just quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Man I couldn't agree with this statement any more - Hots had so much potential as a fun, casual, chilled out game, but they pushed the competitive nature so much, and it just cant compete with the big dogs in that department.
    They are doing this somewhat with WoW as well. Look I'm a mythic raider, but I would much prefer that blizzard cater to the masses rather than the minority. Who fucking cares if the mdi is a mass aoe bukkake, adding caps to spells didn't do shit. It's still boring. I like the competitive nature of the game... But just the other part of me still also wants to dick around and do shit that's fun. I wish that the game was fun again, seriously.

they don't seem to be looking to make anything new anytime soon aside from expansions to existing titles and remasters so yeah it's probably true.
    i doubt whatever they're doing in the mobile department has much interest here so i'd say it's safe to agree on this one.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    I mean thank Blizzard for underpaying staff for years and years on end at some point people just quit.
    True. I think the laid off 800 (?) people last year or a few years ago, and that probably was part of it
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Dismissing peoples' opinions just because you don't agree with them and telling them to essentially shut up, is exactly why the social discourse on this planet has devolved into cave people throwing rocks at one another.
    I disagree. Quitting something and then taking the time and effort to announce to the world that you don't like something and you won't play it is more toxic. It's like me giving up Warhammer and spending my time standing outside the store telling passers by how much I don't like it. If you don't like it, go away and fill your time with something else.

I never said I could do better. Can you only criticize if you make things better? Then your world view is quite paradoxical
    You aren't criticizing Blizzard. At least not in a way that's even remotely constructive. You're asking people to validate your super hot take that Blizzard's games no longer appeal to you. "Feels like they're made by lawyers" is about the shallowest, most benign and pointless thing you can say about a fucking game development company yet you read through this thread and you find no shortage of people who agree with this 0 IQ take.

Game making is a hugely expensive undertaking with a massive amount of risk involved, where you don't see a RoI for years after the project starts. The reality is that outside of tentpole franchises where minor iteration is all you need to keep churning out an incremental product, putting out a quality game is such a risky endeavour that it seems that a lot of publishers look for ways to avoid doing it. Usually either milking old franchises, issuing remasters or making games as a service to drive profits. Look at Valve. They transitioned to a service company and have almost left the game creation industry.

Game companies start as a group with a bright idea for a great game who then bend over backwards to make it.

Game companies inevitably become a group run by shareholders, for shareholders with the intention of making as much money as possible with as little risk needed.

Yeah in the past 10 years Blizzard didn't release anything awesome.
    They work a lot on wow and it's also the game with the most content.
    BUT apart from wow the other franchises are pretty much dead. Warcraft 3 was cool. I don't know why we don't have wc5 already? Here Blizzard is just super lazy.
    Diablo franchise is dead, PoE is not beatable atm.
    Starcraft was nice, but I liked wc3 more.

They just focus on wow cuz it gives money.
    Now they work a lot on Mobile titles for money only.
    I don't expect any great titles from them in the near future.

I think most great minds at Blizzard have retired years ago.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-02-24 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So...you quit playing their games, I hope?

Please don't tell me you are one of the people who stick to a bad game developed by lawyers and tax advisors because "reasons". This will just encourage Blizzard to not create "good games" anymore.

Also...how exactly are players getting "f*cked over"? It is not like you ever enter a terminal contract with Blizzard. You actively have to open your purse and give them your money. And there is no shortage of people on forums going "Beware of the Bli$$ / Activision greed" to warn folks not to part with their hard earned cash.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. And I think the reason why this website dropped so hugely in popularity is because people are just sick of reading one negative thread after another. Hell...at least WoW only dropped 66% of subs from 12 million in WotLK to 4 million buying Shadowlands.

MMO champion dropped like...please do the math for me...several hundred % according to this:

"There are currently 2846 users online. 318 members and 2528 guests
    Most users ever online was 253,388, 2014-04-08 at 05:12 PM."

From 253,388 to 2846. And 2014 was WoD time, right? But shoot me...for the last two years I wanted to quit this place and never did. I don't even shitpost to an extend to get me perma-banned. What is wrong wth me?

Yeah...probably the same thing as with the ppl constantly shitting on anything Blizzard and still paying and playing. Ah well..at least I pay and play what I enjoy. But wait..that just makes me a sheeple and worse.
    Don't get discouraged. There's good discussion every once and awhile even if it's a lot more sparse these days. Sometimes half the fun is pointing out the blatant hypocrisy. And if people get mad at you and tell you they're going to block you just ask them to subscribe to your Patreon.

no one can change my mind and i am not looking for a reason to play, i already do. what interests me more is if there are other people who share my opinion.
    So you're saying you're not interested in an actual discussion, just looking for an echo chamber?

What game company has been producing good games for multiple decades and still has the same people working there?

What are you comparing Blizzard to here?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death