Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    maybe i have not been around it enough yet, but even though i have other cities i can go, and spend time in, i love just afking in Limsa Lominsa. It allows me to be in a crowd without, you know, actually being around people lol. I like the chaos and the noise, though i do wish the crowd audio had a bit longer time before it looped (the male lala laugh is cute and funny, the random Mi'quote moan....less so). I find my just hanging in town crafting or chatting with friends between roulettes or just for fun. It is one of the things that i really dont get in other games, the crowds feel more fleshed out in this game.
    For sure - I like the crowd noises - especially how it changes when more people show up. This is most evident if you are doing a hunt train and as more people arrive it sounds like the crowd swells.

I haven't had music performance sounds on for a long time because when that first came out for every excellent performance that was worth stopping what you were doing and listening in, there were 50 other people mashing keys to make seemingly random noise. They still get to do that and perfect their craft or mess around wherever they happen to be, and I get my regular game sounds back. Win-win.

That and I still have the opportunity to turn it back on when I see a crowd gathered around an obviously coordinated musical group/piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Yet by some cosmic coincidence, the poster in question just happened to pick a historically marginalized minority group. As I said in another post, it's strange he picked the 'gay RP' community specifically. Not the ERP community or just the RP community in general.
    Because that's the group that he's taking issues with? Why is that so difficult to understand? Or are you saying someone isn't allowed to take issue with gay people or the LGBTQ community entirely because it's the LGBTQ community? Is what they do immune from criticism BECAUSE they're the LGBTQ community?

Remember, he's not taking issue with the community itself, but with the kinds of things he's seen posted everywhere. You can disagree with that opinion, but someone commenting about how much they dislike seeing SO MUCH STUFF posted about is not the same thing as them disliking the LGBTQ community itself.

Like, I hate Christmas music because during Christmas it's overplayed, everywhere, and the most annoying songs. But I love the season overall. Disliking one aspect of something does not make you a bigot.

Further, the poster goes on to talk about how distasteful he finds viewing LGBT-associated FFXIV content outside of the game. So I am forced to ask who is making him do this?
    I'm in an FFXIV Facebook group, and I know what he's talking about. No one is MAKING anyone do anything, it's just there in content we want to peruse. But there are a large number of posts that are very LGBTQ pride centric, to the point of being excessive, IMO. But, it's pride month, I get it. Doesn't mean I like it, but I accept it and move on. It's like Christmas stuff being everywhere during Christmas season.

The whole 'These poor bigots wouldn't go around promoting their hateful opinions if the uppity minorities wouldn't "practically shove" themselves down your throat' argument falls on its face when the poster in question starts talking about content not even found in the game
    Nowhere did I or the other poster ever say "hateful opinions of the uppity minorities." Calm the fuck down.

I find publishing bigotry on public forums distasteful. I'm simply expressing my distaste for it in much the same manner that you are acting in its defense.
    But it wasn't bigotry, you're choosing to interpret it as bigotry. And your way of expressing distaste was exceedingly obnoxious and distasteful in and of itself.

It's the lefts who are the real bigots! Loving every laugh my friend.

Also with respect to your previous question re the precence of homophobia

This poster went on a 14-page spree complaining about artstyle on FFXIV being 'feminine' culminating in the gem quoted above which in my professional opinion (as a lawyer admitted in Australia and England and Wales) unambiguously homophobic. As it likens a style of dress to a homosexual act, is demeaning of a homosexual act, and speaking about homosexual acts in a derogatory manner.
    I don’t follow politics at all, so I have no idea what you mean by the left or right. I frankly don’t care either.

I call BS on you being a “lawyer” in any UK country as it is not a word we use for that. So your “professional opinion” means shit since you lied about having any background.

Now, my opinion as a bisexual man that has had several gay men in my bed, was engaged to a gay man until he passed away, but now with a woman, I do not see his remarks as “homophobic”. The person you quoted is saying exactly what the person is saying. You twisting those words, to discredit what is being said because you have no other argument is incredibly hurtful to those that have campaigned for gay rights, like myself, as a bi man. Using us as a shield for your weak argument is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    But there are a large number of posts that are very LGBTQ pride centric, to the point of being excessive, IMO
    I would like an example of a FFXIV facebook post that is "too much gay IMO" please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    For sure - I like the crowd noises - especially how it changes when more people show up. This is most evident if you are doing a hunt train and as more people arrive it sounds like the crowd swells.

I haven't had music performance sounds on for a long time because when that first came out for every excellent performance that was worth stopping what you were doing and listening in, there were 50 other people mashing keys to make seemingly random noise. They still get to do that and perfect their craft or mess around wherever they happen to be, and I get my regular game sounds back. Win-win.

That and I still have the opportunity to turn it back on when I see a crowd gathered around an obviously coordinated musical group/piece.
    I love going into a crowd at night and seeing someone playing while there is a bunch of people with glowsticks. Its just hilarious. Also all the random people that afk sweeping is great. There is just so many people that add that extra touch that i lot.

Sorry actual conversation is getting lost by a bunch of people discussing stuff that has no real relevance to the game....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    I would like an example of a FFXIV facebook post that is "too much gay IMO" please
    The number of posts, not a single post. Also, please read the rest of what I wrote, I did add context to what I meant.

Also, I'm dropping this conversation. As @bloodwulf says, this is not at all relevant to FFXIV and is dangerously close to forbidden territory.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2021-06-17 at 04:07 PM.

People making forum posts in an unnecessary attempt to look for problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    When I think of the word "furry", I usually think about crappy art on deviantart or tumblr. To me, furry is more of an artstyle than just "anthromorphized animals". Tauren certainly do not look in any way like crappy furry fanart. Worgen? A little bit yes. Pandaren? No. Vulpera? Absolutely yes. Hrothgar? A little bit (Hrothgar are a strange mix of Kingdom Hearts, bara, and furry). Mi'qote? No, that's just an anime catgirl.
    your thoughts are irrelevant and its hilariously egotistical to think your vapid consideration overrides the actual meaning of furry and what goes under it.

its like saying "when i think of the word rock, I ussually think about screeching metal sounds. blah blah."

Anthro animals are furry. been so for decades and decades at this point.

The entire arguement though is irrevalent. FFXIV and WoW are not lesser or greater because of furry related content. a dislike of it is not based on quality but on bias and prejudice, and those can go right into the bin.

Which is also irrelevant because this isnt a damn WoW vs FFXIV topic.

As for problems with FFXIV

The menu system has a ton of systems over systems over systems. It REALLY needs an overhaul to make things more user friendly and accessible. People dont even realize you can see golden saucer related details in the menu or challenge logs, etc. Its not intuitive.

Regarding systems over systems and lack of intuitiveness. We have content like the Grand Company recruits, who we can take into dungeons Trust style. I brought it up to another dude who has been level 80 longer than me and he didnt even know it existed before Trusts in ShB.

I guess that was the lesson they considered when they made trusts. But..can we go back and work on it like that? Even when I work on the recruits I have no actual idea of the nuances of training and leveling going on with it. Along with the load of other systems over systems we have. Long time player saw these added a bit at a time but its a lot for the new players to take in all at once. thats the main issue.

Stuff having the level 50 poetic armor sellers in the cities show they are trying to improve things bit by bit.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-06-17 at 04:29 PM.

So a problem some ppl have with FFxIV is that there is ppl from the LGTBQ community playing it? I think thats a plus lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I don’t follow politics at all, so I have no idea what you mean by the left or right. I frankly don’t care either.
    This is nonsense, I don't care how much you don't follow politics for this to even vaguely be true you must not have had a conversation about an election ever or just even seen the news. But hey that's not really the issue here.

I call BS on you being a “lawyer” in any UK country as it is not a word we use for that. So your “professional opinion” means shit since you lied about having any background.
    This is literally the first page that comes up when you lawyer uk into google. Shockingly we and by we I mean enrolled solicitors and barristers use lawyers colloquially all the time because 1. that's the word people know and 2. that's the actual word if you are referring the profession wholistically.

But since you're such a stickler I am an admitted Australian Legal Practitioner within the meaning of s6 of the Legal Profession Uniform Law (NSW) No 16a of 2014 and consequently am enrolled in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and High Court of Australia as a solicitor and barrister. I am also an authorised person within the meaning of s18 the Legal Services Act 2007 as I am an admitted solicitor in England and Wales.
    If this was a serious discussion I might be tempted to supply my degrees, practising certificates, and enrollments.

Now, my opinion as a bisexual man that has had several gay men in my bed, was engaged to a gay man until he passed away, but now with a woman, I do not see his remarks as “homophobic”. The person you quoted is saying exactly what the person is saying. You twisting those words, to discredit what is being said because you have no other argument is incredibly hurtful to those that have campaigned for gay rights, like myself, as a bi man. Using us as a shield for your weak argument is wrong.
    That's all great. Unfortunately, you being bisexual does not in of itself rebut my assertion that the phrase "He’s dressed up like he’s about to receive a human booster shot from a guy named Jim" is homophobic you have to supply actual argumentation.
    As some impetus for you:
    1. Is there any alternative interpretation of "receive a human booster shot from a guy named Jim";
    2. Is there any interpretation the sentence where how he is dressed cannot be linked to the rest of the comment.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, you're not "prejudiced" just because you're not into furries.

You probably didn't mean it that way, but I've heard people present that kind of binary before and it's frustrating.
    ofcourse I didnt, consider the entire sentence. It is prejudice when someone judges an entire expansive work made out of many parts, but disregards the entire sum of those parts because it happens to contain content or a trait (amongst countless other traits) they dislike. Its textbook bias and prejudice. Thats way beyond just "not being into furries". Its pre-judging FFXIV (or wow) and willfully ignoring its merits.

Thus the entire arguement itself is irrelevant to any discussion here because its not a point or complaint or problem with any weight or worth.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-06-19 at 07:29 AM.

I thought this was a problems with FF14 thread, not a discussion on furries and LGBTQ+ for multiple days thread. Vast majority of the complaints in regards to that are easily found in many games, but the problem isn't with the game itself, just with the individual. I can think of a lot of game related reasons to not play FF14, specifically in regards to things like healing or the "sameness" in every patch since ARR. But when your reasoning for not playing a game, that arguably has a very friendly and welcoming community, is countless unrelated game like things then, again, clearly your problems are far too personal, and far too unrelated to the game itself.
    Last edited by La; 2021-06-17 at 04:52 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I thought this was a problems with FF14 thread, not a discussion on furries and LGBTQ+ for multiple days thread. Vast majority of the complaints in regards to that are easily found in many games, but the problem isn't with the game itself, just with the individual
    You see, some people thinks this game is a hatchery where those communities lay eggs to reproduce and are infesting the good, rough, heterosexual, right handed world.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    So a problem some ppl have with FFxIV is that there is ppl from the LGTBQ community playing it? I think thats a plus lol
    also honestly. i havent seen the LGBTQ community be loud at all about being LGBT and I interact with such players and groups in FFXIV on a daily basis. The only thing i see is them existing, being frank about existing and discussing how to improve response time on savage bosses. None of this "in your face" stuff... EVER. Though I have heard that kind of talk stated by people who think them even existing near them or in anyway indicating their nature is "in your face".

Which is only as "in your face" as all the straight stuff around us is.

Which actually brings me to another point.

The linkshells and other community features, minimum amount on friendlists etc, its really rather limiting and is cumbersome due to my previous points regarding the design of the menu UI. that definately needs some work. Built in city channels would be nice too outside of /yell and /shout
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2021-06-17 at 05:54 PM.

It's the lefts who are the real bigots! Loving every laugh my friend.

Also with respect to your previous question re the precence of homophobia

This poster went on a 14-page spree complaining about artstyle on FFXIV being 'feminine' culminating in the gem quoted above which in my professional opinion (as a lawyer admitted in Australia and England and Wales) unambiguously homophobic. As it likens a style of dress to a homosexual act, is demeaning of a homosexual act, and speaking about homosexual acts in a derogatory manner.
    You must be an awful lawyer if you think that was anything other than mocking the outfit that one character linked in question, was wearing. I also ripped on the scantily clad females in high heels going out to adventure when they are basically wearing underwear and heels; yet you continue to harp on about one comment, blow it incredibly out of proportion, and then clutch your pearls and play victim.

If this were a court of law, you'd be laughed completely out of the building with these 'arguments'.

Sit this one out, cupcake. You continue to die on the hill of a literal troll character linked to me that someone did as a joke that EVERYBODY made fun of that characters transmog. Go play victim elsewhere, half the people think the art style is soft and feminine. LOOK AROUND THIS THREAD. or is doing HW too much to ask of a pretend twitter lawyer?

Besides, even that joke i said wasn't discriminatory in any way other than to mock the outfit as unfit for adventuring. if YOU took offense to that comment... it probably says something about YOU feeling negatively about that activity, not me. Shame on you for bigotry, and stupidity.
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-06-17 at 05:59 PM.

Sure, but you didn't say, "That's not even armor, how would it work for combat!?" or something. You just kept going on about the "gayness" of it as if that was a bad thing, which is what threw people off.

Like I said many times, if you don't like a certain art style or outfit, that's fine! It's you constant use of gay suggestions and phrases as pejoratives that people took objection to, that's all.
    I didn't go on about that except to say that outfit is the one Stewie griffin puts on his teddy bear in his fantasies... which wasn't a joke, that was factual.

And yes, i literally DID go on about the scantily clad outfits of the females too, and the oversexualization of EVERYTHING.

You guys keep trying to make something out of nothing because i made fun of a particular troll character linked to me. That particular character is absolutely looking like he's about to go to a hollywood orgy, NOT go out to slay some monsters.

I said something about the female in stiletto's in a skimpy outfit too, but no one batted an eye over that. Everyone got their panties in a twist cuz i said the art looked feminine, and because i rightfully mocked the outfit of that one troll example. Don't die on that hill defending that troll outfit, not everyone in ff14 is transmogged like that. 99% aren't.

I also think you keep blowing out of proportion that i said the art is soft and feminine... it is to me, and so what? I've praised practically everything else about ff14 except the art. Surely there's games, or films out there that YOU don't like over how they look, are shot, graphic nature, etc..

I even used something like Wildstar as an example of a game i didn't like for its disney art, and i've said i like horror films and others don't.

taste is subjective my dude, learn to let it go and quit trying to spin nothing into something to justify you just simply disagreeing.

"Stewie Griffin", "Queer eye", "Nightclub with his boyfriend", "Injection from a guy named Jim"

Yeah, you didn't just say the one thing, and it wasn't even just one post.

I've said like 10 times now - even in the post you quoted - that if you don't like something, that's fine. It's the whole usage of "gayness" as the primary negative aspect that was objectionable.
    Sweet lord, if you think "Stewie Griffin" is offensive you need therapy. Especially since i didn't use him in an insulting way except to say that the outfit in question was literally from his fantasies... because it is? That's not an insult or a joke, it's factual. Secondly, the outfit in question literally did look like something from the show Queer Eye. That also was factual, not insulting.

You need therapy to let go of your victim complex, go clutch your pearls elsewhere. I mocked the one outfit, not the entire game for that. That was ANOTHER poster.

The only thing i mocked was that one transmog in question. If you are offended about that, it was probably your character.

Actually, it's a very common word for a solicitor or barrister. Now, if he'd claimed to be an 'attorney' I'd be more sceptical, as that's not at all common outside the US, in my experience.

The engine is absolute trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't talk about Shadowbringers, but the zone aesthetics and design suck soooo bad for me.

And the User experience (map, menus and all that) is pretty annoying.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines