Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[US Public Schooling - Pandemic] Why is it...

... that the white, rural, trump-voting racists (whose children have all been back to in-person learning this entire school year) are the ones arguing for the opportunity for under-privileged inner-city black students to get back to in-person learning. While the inner-city teachers of said children, fight to remain home on vacation?

All this time, I assumed that it was the environment outside of school that may spill into the classroom, that lead to higher rates of dropping out of school. Now I see the real problem they've been faced with for decades. Teachers who don't care if they succeed, or fail.

This realization makes me extremely sad, and I feel bad that our society never caught onto this as being the problem. It's always been assumed that someone who would voluntarily go into teaching, must do it for the love of our children. That assumption has allowed for the lacking of opportunity for these children present, and of the past. If this isn't an argument for allowing parents to send their kids off to a different school (school choice), I don't know what is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    While the inner-city teachers of said children, fight to remain home on vacation?
    They aren't on vacation, and y'all just want your babysitters back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their motivations are not altruistic.

They want urban populations to get infected and sick on purpose. A year ago they wanted to damage "Blue states" on purpose.

Everyone see through this "Feigned Concern". It's B levels of manipulation usually seen from domestic abusers and bullies.

Reposting their lies is basically telling on oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    They aren't on vacation, and y'all just want your babysitters back.
    Got to give some credit for the slight twist on "I am not a Trump voter but but but".

At least there's some creativity in his concern trolling.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    "Feigned Concern"
    This is really the best way to put it.

It's always been assumed that someone who would voluntarily go into teaching, must do it for the love of our children.
    So...they do it for the paycheck then...?

LOL

If this isn't an argument for allowing parents to send their kids off to a different school (school choice), I don't know what is.
    "School Choice" (other than being an excuse to privatize/profit from education) is generally the equivalent of "let's try to rescue a few people from a burning building instead of...actually putting out the fire."
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Probably the same reason why the governor of Texas is so mad about immigration and how all immigrants have covid but at the same time says "we good take the masks off!". If Immigration is as big of a problem as he claims and that they all have covid.. wouldn't you.. want to keep the masks on? Protect your all important citizens against the migrant horde right? Right... they don't mix and its obviously a "we need 10-20k people to throw their lives away so I can blame it on the Mexicans and then democrats! (and forgot your power and water were out plz ty)" political situation just like it is with those people out in the country that demand everyone goes back to in person learning. All Biden would have to do is demand everyone go back to in class learning for them to suddenly think it is a terrible idea. Has nothing to do with what is a good idea or bad idea. It has to do with "other side says this so I do the opposite" level of thinking. Also known as.. the non-genetically earned but rather chosen condition of Republican downs.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-wo...PoEwIQn0ZkIckw

His mom thought he was doing well because even though he failed most of his classes, he was being promoted. He failed Spanish I and Algebra I but was promoted to Spanish II and Algebra II. He also failed English II but was passed on to English III. In three years, he failed 22 classes and was late or absent 272 days. But only one teacher requested a parent conference, which never happened.
    Even if you believe that "republicans are feigning caring", do you believe the teacher unions are showing caring?

Edit: After reading the above story, nevermind, keep these inner-city schools closed permanently. It will increase the numbers/performance of the US school system as a whole, and we can all feel better about ourselves.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2021-03-06 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... that the white, rural, trump-voting racists (whose children have all been back to in-person learning this entire school year) are the ones arguing for the opportunity for under-privileged inner-city black students to get back to in-person learning. While the inner-city teachers of said children, fight to remain home on vacation?

All this time, I assumed that it was the environment outside of school that may spill into the classroom, that lead to higher rates of dropping out of school. Now I see the real problem they've been faced with for decades. Teachers who don't care if they succeed, or fail.

This realization makes me extremely sad, and I feel bad that our society never caught onto this as being the problem. It's always been assumed that someone who would voluntarily go into teaching, must do it for the love of our children. That assumption has allowed for the lacking of opportunity for these children present, and of the past. If this isn't an argument for allowing parents to send their kids off to a different school (school choice), I don't know what is.
    Your "realization" is fundamentally garbage.

Teachers don't want to go back into schools because it puts teachers at serious risk, and their students as well. There's a frickin' pandemic on, and the USA is the most shit-tastic nation in terms of its response.

And yes; the only reason people really get into teaching is because of a personal drive. The job pays for crap, the hours aren't good, you've got sky-high standards to meet, and you've got pretty minimal control over curriculum.

The "problem" here is parents who need to use schools as glorified daycare centers so they can get their days back rather than investing the time to raise and care for their own kids.

The "problem" is a society that doesn't give a shit about schools, or children, and consistently fucks them over in terms of financial and societal support.

Canada's doing way better than the USA in terms of pandemic response, and here in Ontario, schools were only re-opened in early-mid February, with harder-hit regions re-opening later in the schedule. Because not exposing kids and teachers is a good idea.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-03-06 at 03:59 AM.

Half a million people have died, and you people still can't figure out why everyone else wants to take this seriously? Christ, you're pathetic.

Stop pretending to care, it's not convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The "problem" is a society that doesn't give a shit about schools, or children, and consistently fucks them over in terms of financial and societal support.
    This is why I find this recent right-wing narrative so infuriating. These people have spent, what, decades demeaning, defunding, and overall doing their best to make education in this country as shitty as possible. But the instant they can blame the nefarious teachers unions for their response to a problem caused/exacerbated by those self-same dogshit right-wing policies...they want to convince us all that education was important to them all along.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-03-06 at 04:06 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-wo...PoEwIQn0ZkIckw

Even if you believe that "republicans are feigning caring", do you believe the teacher unions are showing caring?

Edit: After reading the above story, nevermind, keep these inner-city schools closed permanently. It will increase the numbers/performance of the US school system as a whole, and we can all feel better about ourselves.
    IDK what Teachers Unions have to do with this unless its a long way of saying "Why do we have to pay the babysitters at all?", I mean, if you want to find an accurate problem with education it is primarily the excessive bloat in in admin and their own exorbitant salaries and the fact that in the entire chain only teachers are actually responsible for anything. Parents are never responsible for their kids bad grades, admin never is, and we never just simply blame the kid who failed.

It's always Teachers, the surrogate parents who have no disciplinary power and for whom ungrateful parents both demand endless service but don't feel they should have to pay a dime in taxes for it, like its some privilege to have to raise their kids for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Love of children only extends so far. The bizarre idea that complete strangers should have such an unreal dedication to children that they would work for peanuts to basically be the surrogate parents and educators of your kids is patently insane. I mean ask yourself, how much money would you demand to be paid to basically raise someone's kids for them? How much per year is it to hire a surrogate parent?
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-03-06 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

this happens when teachers are underpaid. like in every other industry.

if you want good employee you have to pay them good if you want mediocre employee you pay them mediocre.

from my experience - teachers always want to help kids who geniuinly want to learn something even if they fail. theachers dont care about kids who dont care theselves.

and its a good thing.

somebody has to flip burgers/dig ditches. while someone else will become MD/lawyers because he worked hard and was learning in school.

Hey, transparent concern troll.

This has exactly fuck all to do with what's best for the kids.

If Goopers gave any fucks about the well-being of children they wouldn't handicap, defund, degrade, underfund, dismantle education at every imaginable turn. Moreover, they wouldn't go out of their way to deny science, deny global warming, evolution, the effectiveness of vaccines, MASKS, SOCIAL DISTANCING etc.

Beyond that, what the fuck is this bullshit expectation that people like teachers to literally commit martyrdom for the public convenience? It's the same shit you cuckservatives demand of healthcare workers.

You can't be bothered to wear a mask at Walmart but teachers and healthcare workers must be willing to risk their lives daily, spend 12+ hours a day masked up etc or die just so you don't have to put up with your own shitty kid.

Let me be clear, I wish kids could be back in school. I wish I could go on fucking holidays to Greece, Hawaii or Caicos this summer, I wish I could fly to Tenerife for Easter. There's a long list of things I wish I could be doing.

But I can't, because of shitty fucking morons everywhere who just refuse to do their part, while expecting everyone do to triple the work.

Finally, do you actually think teachers working from home are on a fucking holiday? Man you're a clueless ingrate.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Nothing says love for the children like ignoring a pandemic..

It's amazing how much wrong you managed to cram into your first paragraph. I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of your post, but I'm sure it's just as equally impressive.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Teachers don't want to go back into schools because it puts teachers at serious risk, and their students as well. There's a frickin' pandemic on, and the USA is the most shit-tastic nation in terms of its response.
    Anecdotal, but someone I know from the US was in a training program 2 weeks until graduation, his teacher infected him and due to that he has to restart the course from scratch. That throws him back a year. It's a real thing, if anecdotal. You're completely right in pointing this danger out.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    It's amazing how much wrong you managed to cram into your first paragraph. I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of your post, but I'm sure it's just as equally impressive.
    Why? He just said that Trump supporters are racists. Isn't that the word of mouth on this forum and completely condoned by the moderators?

This thread is still up despite insulting a whole category of people about which the OP knows absolutely nothing about other than the fact that they tend to support the Republican party and so must be racists, nazis, on the wrong side of history, wrongthinkers, probably all present in the Capitol Hill, etc, but god forbid I call democrat supporters "radical Leftists", that's just an infraction for "trolling".
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2021-03-06 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Why? He just said that Trump supporters are racists. Isn't that the word of mouth on this forum and completely condoned by the moderators?

This thread is still up despite insulting a whole category of people about which the OP knows absolutely nothing about other than the fact that they tend to support the Republican party and so must be racists, nazis, on the wrong side of history, wrongthinkers, probably all present in the Capitol Hill, etc, but god forbid I call democrat supporters "radical Leftists", that's just an infraction for "trolling".
    In your zeal to show just how much of a victim you are, you couldn't even take a couple moments to figure out that the OP is a Trump supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    In your zeal to show just how much of a victim you are, you couldn't even take a couple moments to figure out that the OP is a Trump supporter.
    Unlike you who live on this forum, I don't know the personal history of each and every poster. And I've seen even bigger bullshit that wasn't sarcasm at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Unlike you who live on this forum, I don't know the personal history of each and every poster. And I've seen even bigger bullshit that wasn't sarcasm at all.
    It has literally nothing to do with his post history. You could just read and comprehend his post in this thread to figure it out.

If teachers are considered babysitters, I make like $1 per hour per kid I'm watching. That's a pretty nice deal for parents.