Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heritage Armor sets for the OG's

Simple question have they abandoned the heritage armor sets for the original races, Orcs, Humans, Night Elfs, Undead, etc? or was that never going to be a thing?
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. Humans and orcs were likely low on the priority list seeing as how most armors were made to fit humans, and orcs have various sets from WoD and BfA season 1. Night elves and undead also recently got some themed sets from warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Simple question have they abandoned the heritage armor sets for the original races, Orcs, Humans, Night Elfs, Undead, etc? or was that never going to be a thing?
    They made a comment at Blizzcon that they were still working on them just that they aren't front line and center. Which they stated was going to be the case when they first started. It was going to be a slow and gradual process that took awhile.

No its coming they comfirmed and comfirmed that it will come sometime in the future

Not abandoned, no, but clearly not a priority, but we won't bee seeing any more this exp I'd wager

Maybe on 9.3.5 after the final content patch on the earliest

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Not abandoned, no, but clearly not a priority, but we won't bee seeing any more this exp I'd wager

Maybe on 9.3.5 after the final content patch on the earliest
    Probably something like this.

I would assume for Pandaren, Draenei and Darkspear next.

Then it'll be a tossup for Night Elves, Orcs, Forsaken and Humans since warfront armor. Even though I wasn't all that fond of the pink and urine gold sets the Darkshore warfront gave me.

It sounds like they'll just keep it until they actually have a story to tell with those races.

Like, eventually the Night Elves and Forsaken are getting a new home. It makes sense to tell their racial story then, with the Heritage Armor as a reward.

But it's harder to explain why they would wait with a race like Orcs, Humans or Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It sounds like they'll just keep it until they actually have a story to tell with those races.

Like, eventually the Night Elves and Forsaken are getting a new home. It makes sense to tell their racial story then, with the Heritage Armor as a reward.

But it's harder to explain why they would wait with a race like Orcs, Humans or Trolls.
    To be fair, I'm surprised they don't have some kinda heritage story to tell for Trolls and Night Elves tied to Ardenweald. Bwonsamdi, Mueh'zala, Tyrande, etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    I badly want a heritage armour for my Darkspear boi
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I badly want a heritage armour for my Darkspear boi
    You deserve it. Been a long time since jungle trolls got any mog other than shammies. (T21) Probably TBC.

I know people will say Zandalar had a lot of troll gear, but Zandalari and Darkspear styles differ enough.

Yeah Darkspear and Draenei should definitely be next. Warfront armor really really fits the other 4 races just fine that even if they opted to not release heritage armor for those, it would be okay. Though I think they should figure out a way to make that armor obtainable outside of warfronts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not abandoned, just, sometime in the future as a statement.

We're currently missing for:
    Orcs
    Trolls
    Undead
    Humans
    Night Elves
    Draenei
    Pandaren
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-02-25 at 08:48 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    i expect for trolls and draenei i would left orcs, undeads, humans and night elves for the last one because of warfronts, pandaren wll get alone cuz its neutral faction so both of us gets it

Heritage armor for core races? I'm still waiting for Heritage weapons for the Void elves:

What even happened to these datamined weapons? Why wouldn't Blizzard put them in the game?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    I wish Hertiage Armor had diffrent recolors too. I just don't think my Zandalari Shaman looks good in red. I'd like dark blue or black tbh
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

still waiting on the troll one just hope I don't need to wait till vol'jin come back from being a loa

Warfront Armor is much better than Heritage Armor, talk about a literal non-issue.

Humans, Orcs, Night Elves and Forsaken aren't 'left behind' they are way ahead, they got 3x4 sets of Armor + Weapons of every type.
    Compared to the 1x set of Armor and no weapons, it's the races that got Heritage armors instead of Warfront sets that got screwed.

Draenei and Trolls are the only real losers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Warfront Armor is much better than Heritage Armor, talk about a literal non-issue.

Humans, Orcs, Night Elves and Forsaken aren't 'left behind' they are way ahead, they got 3x4 sets of Armor + Weapons of every type.
    Compared to the 1x set of Armor and no weapons, it's the races that got Heritage armors instead of Warfront sets that got screwed.

Draenei and Trolls are the only real losers right now.
    No, you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Probably something like this.

I would assume for Pandaren, Draenei and Darkspear next.

Then it'll be a tossup for Night Elves, Orcs, Forsaken and Humans since warfront armor. Even though I wasn't all that fond of the pink and urine gold sets the Darkshore warfront gave me.
    I'm still so ambivalent about the Night Elf Warfront armors; there were some good ideas there, but I really don't like any of them as a whole :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I wish Hertiage Armor had diffrent recolors too. I just don't think my Zandalari Shaman looks good in red. I'd like dark blue or black tbh
    Both NB and LFD Heritage sets already have recolors on the files, and we have literally see it implemented on Maghar. It's something that really should be done across the board, I really don't get the lack of consistency in things like this.

I’m sure they’re going to do it at some point, but it’s clear that it’s not a priority. Maybe they save heritage armor for a later patch on the (questionable?) assumption that it would help sub retention. Maybe they just don’t want to prioritize having their art team work on it yet when there’s still more work to do on Shadowlands content.