Poll: reasonable price?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Whats a reasonable price for the level 58 boost? $$$

Very important topic of discussion

Ofcouse, this boost is not only for one type of person.
    But in the scenario of YOU having friends you are trying to persuade to play...this price is very important...

What do you think:
    1) Is a reasonable price
    2) the price will actually be

----

There are many scenarios here and im really curious to see what people have to say....and hear the different opinions and possible scenarios.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-02-20 at 04:17 AM.

Idc if I’m in the minority here, it’s worth 50+ dollars. Tbc does not have a box price, people on this forum are constantly praising how much effort it takes to hit 60 because of time, $50 easily will save the average player 7-10 days PLAYED time. $60 is easily a good price point. Why? It’s worth the price to play the expansion anyway, it saves you a crazy amount of time in general, also if it’s cheap then what’s to stop people buying 10 plus accounts and just make one of every class. Sure you can do that anyway but $100 is a lot different than $600.

If you voted for anything less than $50 then you have no footing to talk about the value of anything time consuming in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    Idc if I’m in the minority here, it’s worth 50+ dollars. Tbc does not have a box price, people on this forum are constantly praising how much effort it takes to hit 60 because of time, $50 easily will save the average player 7-10 days PLAYED time. $60 is easily a good price point. Why? It’s worth the price to play the expansion anyway, it saves you a crazy amount of time in general, also if it’s cheap then what’s to stop people buying 10 plus accounts and just make one of every class. Sure you can do that anyway but $100 is a lot different than $600.

If you voted for anything less than $50 then you have no footing to talk about the value of anything time consuming in classic.
    I didnt want to give an opinion but i cant control myself

In my case i think 5-10 would be a instant buy for every friend i have
    20 bucks i think 80-90% of friends would buy
    30 bucks like...ok but is staring to push it
    50 bucks....i think only the die hard fans i have friended would buy

20 would be reasonable.
    40-50 is what i think it will be priced at if retail prices are taken into account.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    I didnt want to give an opinion but i cant control myself

In my case i think 5-10 would be a instant buy for every friend i have
    20 bucks i think 80-90% of friends would buy
    30 bucks like...ok but is staring to push it
    50 bucks....i think only the die hard fans i have friended would buy
    This isn’t really arguing against anything I said, obviously a lower price is more attractive to more people, everyone gets that.

You asked what a reasonable price was. And it’s $60. If you want to save the time to hit end level, for an average person this is at least 7-10 days played. You can do some math on the price per hour this amount of money saved you to see it’s worth.

Even if the player is semi understanding of wow and it takes 8 days, this price equals out to you paying 35 cents to save you an hour of gameplay you didn’t want to do. It’s well worth it.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be the same price as a character boost in retail. That way, they wont have to do any extra coding for a different price point.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it being higher than $40 and I don't see a lot of people using it either. I do think the limitations (once per account and no Draenei/Blood Elves) will be removed by Phase 3 though.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    This isn’t really arguing against anything I said, obviously a lower price is more attractive to more people, everyone gets that.

You asked what a reasonable price was. And it’s $60. If you want to save the time to hit end level, for an average person this is at least 7-10 days played. You can do some math on the price per hour this amount of money saved you to see it’s worth.

Even if the player is semi understanding of wow and it takes 8 days, this price equals out to you paying 35 cents to save you an hour of gameplay you didn’t want to do. It’s well worth it.
    Not arguing i am right or wrong but i think there is many things to consider here.

It all depends on your friends and type of people you know.

But the "unsure" people are not spending 50 bucks + sub just with your classic salesmen speech
    "hey hop in and try this out with me just for the lolz"

In my opinion, only a WOW veteran who knows exactly what wow is will pull the trigger

This price...for many...will be the "box price" of Classic TBC

No doubt it'll cost the same amount as a current character server transfer in classic.

shouldn't be one... a boost goes against the whole point of classic...

I am unsure why it should cost anything if we are only allowed to have 1.
    This whole TBC thing makes no sense to me.
    Just about everything they announced seems like the opposite of how it should be handled.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Not arguing i am right or wrong but i think there is many things to consider here.

It all depends on your friends and type of people you know.

But the "unsure" people are not spending 50 bucks + sub just with your classic salesmen speech
    "hey hop in and try this out with me just for the lolz"

In my opinion, only a WOW veteran who knows exactly what wow is will pull the trigger

This price...for many...will be the "box price" of Classic TBC
    If you aren’t sure about what you want to play then you probably shouldn’t be buying a boost anyway no? It would probably be best for you to just play the game as is. Only wow vets should really be ‘attracted’ to the character boost. If I wasn’t sure about what an mmo is about that I have very little knowledge on I probably shouldn’t be buying a boost anyway.

I mean Christ people pay $60+ for video games they have literally never played before on release obviously so if you want to look at it like this, it’s just the price of the game and you get a ton of perks to go along with it.

Obviously I can a ton of low ball posts in here because people will clearly love to see the lowest price for something they want, that’s a given. But in terms of reasonable prices... $60 is extremely reasonable.

Plus like I mentioned, classic players and the classic community are constantly bringing up how the leveling experience can be a grueling one which is why a ton of people were pissed off in the first place that this got implemented in (I personally think their beef against it is nonsense). But they are right in one thing, it is a serious time sink if you do it the intended way, so the $60 is easily a fair price to keep it at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Just about everything they announced seems like the opposite of how it should be handled.
    What do you think should have been handled differently? Everything I’ve heard so far (which isn’t too much) has seemed like a great step in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of WoWs services are massively overpriced compared to every other MMO with similar things, so it'll likely be 50$ or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    I think....this is their way of giving TBC a "box price"

Its gonna be 50+ liek all other boosts before it.

Hey, you know that older game mode that was started because the current developers have taken a pay per month retail game and ruined the community, and the rpg experience?. Well its time to make it just like retail and we can say that some "players" on the mmo champion forums actually wanted it. There is no way that this could go wrong...

All of blizzards store junk is over priced save maybe the mounts. To answer the question though my fair price is 25$ but blizzard will be 60$

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    All of WoWs services are massively overpriced compared to every other MMO with similar things, so it'll likely be 50$ or more.
    Nope, they can't be "overpriced" if people buy them.
    It only shows how much more popular and desirable WoW is compared to all other MMOs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Nope, they can't be "overpriced" if people buy them.
    It only shows how much more popular and desirable WoW is compared to all other MMOs
    That's not really how value works. If I consider it overpriced, it is, because value is different for everyone. A single individual being willing to pay exorbitant amounts for something doesn't suddenly mean it isn't overpriced for everyone else.

Much like live it should be free it's a automated process.