Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't holier than though stuff. Just because you can't enforce it in a private setting doesn't mean it is okay to do that stuff even in a private setting. You are normalizing and saying anything is acceptable if done in private. That is part of the problem. Because that private stuff inevitably bleeds over to something public like with this article and the more you do something the more it becomes a normal set of behaviors.

Just don't use hate speech. If you can't express yourself with out hate speech then it is a problem. Saying people should be raped to death or glorifying lynching has no place anywhere public or private. Stop defending hate just because it would be some hypothetical police state to you if people actually stood up to hate filled people.
    yes it's holier than thou. if everybody thought as you then nobody would use speech like that. some people obviously don't, but you think that nobody should.

just keep the objective things like incitement to violence and threats as the actual problem, and leave the subjective cultural stuff that changes every decade anyways for individuals to decide if they want to associate with it or not.

funny story: recently a bakery here wanted to be progressive and renamed their jewcookies to ewcookies. national jewish association was like "uh thats nice, but you know nobody actually had a problem with that right?"

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Don't you mean a method player?
    No, seems like no one reads the article. Article mentions gapezilla. There are also quite a few allegations against max in reddit, one of them which they've admitted and explained away already, which is also why their gul'dan video is now allegedly private. I'm not here to throw shade one way or another, but people were saying "who cares about these no name guilds" when it is also people in the most followed guilds around.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    This is where you miss the point. Video games and the internet are a place for people to be stupid and hide behind an avatar which is why people freaking out over virtual avatars saying gamer words is funny. Obviously nobody is going to act like a troll or edgelord IRL, at least in a workplace setting. Go read youtube comments, or hell even this thread. The internet is where people are at their worst and say shit they would never say IRL. So stop getting all bent out of shape because somebody dropped a bad word.
    I agree to a point with this,but what you are saying and what THESE people did is VERY different,these people are not random dude on the internet talking to their mate over bnet chat or whatever,they....stream,they post on huge discord channels,and many of them are public and even have companies supporting them....it is a workplace setting

I also dont really care that much what people say but i also dont get bent out of shape when they are made to face the music for it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    yes it's holier than thou. if everybody thought as you then nobody would use speech like that. some people obviously don't, but you think that nobody should.
    So it is holier then though just because I don't support hate speech? Lol. What a weird way to defend and normalize what you said you weren't taking a stance on either way. Weird right? Of course I think that nobody should use hate speech. Don't you? You actually think it is acceptable and fine to talk about raping people to death? Lynching them? And other hateful things?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

omg did they say mean words. how will we survive

ORRRR....

We can make a stand, root at all forms of racism and actually force these types of people out of society. These attitudes have no place in a western democracy whether you live in Alabama or Brussels. It's time for jail time. Don't like it? How about after being bashed by the cops and then dragged off to jail. Racism should have been gone by now. I call for violence to solve it.
    Right after using the same violence method to rid governments of corrupt politicians and the lot ! That means never

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    This is where you miss the point. Video games and the internet are a place for people to be stupid and hide behind an avatar which is why people freaking out over virtual avatars saying gamer words is funny. Obviously nobody is going to act like a troll or edgelord IRL, at least in a workplace setting. Go read youtube comments, or hell even this thread. The internet is where people are at their worst and say shit they would never say IRL. So stop getting all bent out of shape because somebody dropped a bad word.
    Normalizing hate speech to "gamer words" is dumb. I've been a gamer most of my life and have never used hate speech. Being educated and smart means you don't need to use hate speech to insult. If you won't act that way in person then you also shouldn't do it online. Just because people are at their worst on the internet doesn't mean it isn't a problem or something that should change. Instead of being defend and normalized by people like yourself.

It also isn't a valid excuse that people are only being a racist because they are anonymous. Well duh. People will be a terrible if they don't have to face any consequences. Did you even really think that through?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I call for violence to solve it.
    Antifa's umbrella shields probably wouldn't work so well under a hail of 5.56 rounds.

ORRRR....

We can make a stand, root at all forms of racism and actually force these types of people out of society. These attitudes have no place in a western democracy whether you live in Alabama or Brussels. It's time for jail time. Don't like it? How about after being bashed by the cops and then dragged off to jail. Racism should have been gone by now. I call for violence to solve it.
    Imagine being physically assaulted and jailed for typing

N

I

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Do you personally know these people? Are you in their guild? You are only angry because of some clips and screenshots of people you don't even know. It is up to the guild to make sure their members act in an appropriate manner. Not yours.
    1 - I am not angry, I am disappointed and disgusted. Disagusted.
    2 - I don't need to know people to like or dislike something they are doing. I don't know the previous American president yet it was evident he was a disgusting and disappointed individual. I am able to feel those things because I am born with regular human emotional capacities.
    3 - I've never said it's mine (or anyone here) job to stop this, what I am saying is that we all should dislike the racism being portrayed.

If you think all of us shouldn't dislike the racism, then you are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Once I was in a discord with some black people and they said racist things
    Yeah, from many of the responses I've seen thus far and after going through those screenshots... a lot of people here are just virtue signaling and have been out in the real world (or are very insulated and just spouting off things they've heard). I've seen and heard WAY worse things in locker rooms and some less-than-reputable places where saying the wrong thing is dangerous, and I can tell you that those "zomg so offensive!!1!" words and phrases were almost always said by black people to each other. Doesn't take much effort to find some mainstream songs that use the same words and verbiage, and are probably more provocative than what was captured in those screenshots. Heck, I've been called way worse stuff and actually threatened because of the color of my skin, and in comparison this stuff is super tame. Where I grew up, those words were actually used positively by and to other black people, and I highly doubt things have changed that much in those kinds of neighborhoods. Crazy enough, words mean and imply different things depending upon their intent and how they're used, as well as words evolving to mean different things over time.

From what I can gather, the only thing that the people in question are guilty of are being idiots. As someone already said, it's probably a case of someone being an edgelord, doesn't mean they actually intend anything harmful by it (especially if they actually live in a region/area where talking like that is the norm and considered acceptable by even black people). If the guilds were selecting recruits based upon skin color/ethnicity or something similar, then you'd have a case for racism. Regardless, if you're highly offended by what was said and think it's horrible racism... heh, you ain't seen real racism and should be thankful for your sheltered life.

Apparently, this saying is lost in society right now: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." If words are the most vicious weapons being thrown around and the highest level of racism to be found are idiots using 'banned' words, we certainly do live in peaceful times.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    LMAO who?
    Pretty sure CG is one of the best 2 night guilds in the world.

Or at least - it was. Just a bunch of edgy teens with more time than sense. Ban em all, no one will remember who any of them are in 24 hours.

Idiots being idiots. I'd ban them.

Normalizing hate speech to "gamer words" is dumb. I've been a gamer most of my life and have never used hate speech. Being educated and smart means you don't need to use hate speech to insult. If you won't act that way in person then you also shouldn't do it online. Just because people are at their worst on the internet doesn't mean it isn't a problem or something that should change. Instead of being defend and normalized by people like yourself.

It also isn't a valid excuse that people are only being a racist because they are anonymous. Well duh. People will be a terrible if they don't have to face any consequences. Did you even really think that through?
    Hate speech isn't real, there is only speech.

You're right, you don't have to use the word and you don't have to like it. You can not associate with people that use it and you can continue to look down upon those that do. I for one enjoy freedom of speech. I don't have to use the words but I don't freak out when people do. I don't go around trying to get them cancelled or have their livelihood taken from them. The internet is one of the last bastions of unabashed freedom where you can act like a dumb ass if you so please and I will defend that stance. As long as you're not calling for violence and doxxing people, go ahead and be a dumb ass. Obviously that doesn't protect you from getting banned, unfriended, or unfollowed.

Also I don't automatically jump to the conclusion that if you say the n-word that you are racist like a lot of people are doing. If I say "Shalom" or "Oy Vey", am I Jewish? If I say the f-word or "that's gay", am I a bigot? If any of those answers are yes, than looks like me and almost everyone I know are guilty as charged. I get that I'm taking a controversial stance and if this were Reddit, I'd be getting a ton of downvotes. That's fine, I just don't want to live in a world like Demolition Man where you can't say bad words and everyone is just a fake, empty person inhibited by society.

ORRRR....

They aren't "in society". They are in a private discord playing video games using edgy memes and words. Take down the outrage a couple levels here.

ORRRR....

Jail time for saying words? Are you fucking kidding me? How fucking blatantly naive can you be? Are you 12 years old? Have you read a single history book? Fuck off mate

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    They aren't "in society". They are in a private discord playing video games using edgy memes and words. Take down the outrage a couple levels here.
    Discord isn’t private.

So it is holier then though just because I don't support hate speech? Lol. What a weird way to defend and normalize what you said you weren't taking a stance on either way. Weird right? Of course I think that nobody should use hate speech. Don't you? You actually think it is acceptable and fine to talk about raping people to death? Lynching them? And other hateful things?
    hate speech wasn't even a legal thing 10 years ago, and it isn't even an offence in itself, just extra punishment for already existing offences. if it really was a big problem you'd think it would have become a law when issues like racism were at their peak in history, instead of decades later when political correctness happens to be on a periodic peak.

talking about raping people to death isn't hatespeech. talking about lynching people isn't hatespeech. it's just regular threats of violence. it only becomes hatespeech if you target it at specific demographics, and i can bet you those demographics won't be the same 10 years from now as they are today. it's a textbook example of positive discrimination.

lot's of people say and do things that the majority in their country/culture disagree with, always has been always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, you have to call it out and not be "Whatever man people be racist"

"BUT MUH DISCORD" isn't an excuse, more so if its on the crimes that Method had to respond to.
    You really want to call out every single person that uses ANY WORD that MAY OFFEND someone?