Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    tbh convoke requires certain amount of skill and timing. For example when you use it in Oribos nobody dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post
    its not because people complained, its because pvp participation was the lowest it has ever been in legion

Just because snowflakes on mmochamp think its a better system because they use 90% of their time in pet battles, and do 1 bg a week, does not make it a better system for the masses

Imagine how many people would quit raiding if there was no raid loot, and everyone had the same stats?
    progression is the main thing in an mmo, specifically gear...
    Get out of that legion hole, legion was a terrible expansion for pvp, the only thing that carried that infinite AP grind, rando leggo that defines 60% of your classes viability, mess was M+
    Leave pet battles alone, maybe I should really level my first pet to 25 xD.

Can you provide any data that shows that pvp participation was the lowest in Legion? I highly doubt that due to the fact that WoD was such a disaster and so many players quit.

If you raid you can select the difficulty, there are 4, so you can choose how hard your enemies will be. In Random BGs I can fight against a group of ppl with 220+ gear with teammates, that not even have 180. That's like queuing up for a raid with 180 gs and the game randomly selects a mythic raid boss and you wipe all the time. So either they have to reduce the impact gear has on PvP or they have to build random groups based on gear level, so that you fight opponents that are within your gear range. (maybe +-10 item level)

Blizz devs are crying about balancing, how hard it is... but every expansion they bring a new borrowed power system that makes it even harder. How about, STOP WITH BORROWED POWER OBSESSION???

its not because people complained, its because pvp participation was the lowest it has ever been in legion

Just because snowflakes on mmochamp think its a better system because they use 90% of their time in pet battles, and do 1 bg a week, does not make it a better system for the masses

Imagine how many people would quit raiding if there was no raid loot, and everyone had the same stats?
    Get out of that legion hole, legion was a terrible expansion for pvp, the only thing that carried that infinite AP grind, rando leggo that defines 60% of your classes viability, mess was M+
    PVE players readily admit gear is a huge factor. Before raiding tiers begin, they spend an ungodly amount of game currency and real life currency buying gear and spend shit ton of time getting every bit of upgrade they can. Before Legion just about every single pvp’er mantra was “it’s not the gear that matters, it’s the skill” until legion showed them equal gear meant they weren’t as skillful as they thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    The fact that a Rogue can stun you once and kill you before it ends is fucking retarded.

Any class that basically presses one or two buttons and you explode is even moreso.
    Cause all their damage comes from Mark of the Master Assassin legendary. One I find utterly bullshit and proves Blizzard learned nothing from legion legendary system

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I mean in Classic you could be stunlocked forever so that's not saying much
    I mean people still claim to be fearlocked today.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Cause all their damage comes from Mark of the Master Assassin legendary. One I find utterly bullshit and proves Blizzard learned nothing from legion legendary system
    No good and geared player dies to rogues first burst or they made mistake, usually the dmg does not come from the rogue bu the Mage partner, if mages are nerfed rogues have no good comps anymore since we rely Mages damge to kill anything.

Also if you survive the first burst with CD's you get hit by 500dmg backstabs which is laughable, i mean rogues is in pretty decent spot now but its only because mages. The recent buffs to assa made healer/rogue comps to be better but they still lose most times to warrior/healer teams no matter what.

but yeah MA legendary is pretty shit and stupid.. id rather have constant pressure than one burst that can be countered pretty easily.

Blizzard really did a number on the Battered Hilt and you have higher chance of being eaten by a shark inside your own home then finding one drop and winning it.

lmfao imagine dying to a channeled spell, because your reaction times are slow, be like one of the shitters that have a auto kick bot-esque add-on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Cannot agree more.
    Greater Pyroblast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Plenty of games still go to 70% dampening, despite the burst some classes can put out. Because apparently it's necessary for every single class to have 300 different defensives they can pop to negate/absorb damage.

Well this is flat out false. Boomkins do solid consistent damage outside of Convoke as well.
    bulls*it mages do higher damage than druids, Spriest do higher damage than balance druids, marksman hunters do more damage than Balance druids, hell Elemental shamans can burst you down in a matter of seconds, and they still have lightning lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    bulls*it mages do higher damage than druids, Spriest do higher damage than balance druids, marksman hunters do more damage than Balance druids, hell Elemental shamans can burst you down in a matter of seconds, and they still have lightning lasso.
    GJ quoting a post from weeks ago, bud. Also point to where I compared damage between classes, I'll wait.

It should be like that
    players should be able to punish other players that misplay, not having your trinket up is something both teams should play around

Dont have trinket? play defensive, and cc goes
    dont trinket unless you see cooldowns, and you absolutly have to?

Its a learning curve, which is a good thing in this dumbing down everything meta that blizzard had going for it in legion and BFA
    Not all classes have CC, and a 2 min CD trinket compared to the amount of CC in the game makes your comment ignorant. There is no "playing around" it, unless you choose certain prefered classes for PvP in specific comps, like good old RMP that never seems to go out of style.

But guess what - if you don't want to play as a rogue, mage, or priest you're SoL in pvp because they decided to make memeRenas the only way to advance decent pvp gear when it should just be ANY form of pvp. This whole "rated pvp" thing ruined pvp and is largely responsible for the terrible situation that exists today.

I don't see there is a learning curve. Pressing "convoke" has no learning curve. A rogue who gets 100% crit out of stun and can 100%-10% between CS-KS-CS is not learned, it is mindless and stupid. A warrior charging around spamming condemn is not skill. It's more one-button retardism. Even with 25-30% vers you will still get dropped when certain classes are able to crit for 25K against that. That's literally more than half of a top-geared players health pool.

PvP would easily be improved if the value of stamina were doubled or if damage was halved across the board for all classes... aside from that it's just a joke and anyone pretending to take it seriously is simply deluding themselves if they believe they have "skill" because they one-shotted someone.

Cooldowns are too strong, defensive and offensive
    That's why AWC games go to dampen every time, they trade CDs until dampen catches up
    They need to buff dmg outside of cds and nerf dmg in cds

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Not all classes have CC, and a 2 min CD trinket compared to the amount of CC in the game makes your comment ignorant. There is no "playing around" it, unless you choose certain prefered classes for PvP in specific comps, like good old RMP that never seems to go out of style.

But guess what - if you don't want to play as a rogue, mage, or priest you're SoL in pvp because they decided to make memeRenas the only way to advance decent pvp gear when it should just be ANY form of pvp. This whole "rated pvp" thing ruined pvp and is largely responsible for the terrible situation that exists today.

I don't see there is a learning curve. Pressing "convoke" has no learning curve. A rogue who gets 100% crit out of stun and can 100%-10% between CS-KS-CS is not learned, it is mindless and stupid. A warrior charging around spamming condemn is not skill. It's more one-button retardism. Even with 25-30% vers you will still get dropped when certain classes are able to crit for 25K against that. That's literally more than half of a top-geared players health pool.

PvP would easily be improved if the value of stamina were doubled or if damage was halved across the board for all classes... aside from that it's just a joke and anyone pretending to take it seriously is simply deluding themselves if they believe they have "skill" because they one-shotted someone.
    Every single class in wow has cc obvious that you dont play the game
    ofc, there is playing around it? pvp is mainly cooldown trading and positioning, if you fuck one of them up too badly, you flat out lose

convoke is a shit ability, and one of the worst they ever implemented in arena, but there is still a learning curve to making the ability work out as you want it to, to make it more consistant, as with everything in wow

have 3 chars with 30-32% vers atm, and i've never recieved a 25k hit from any class on glad level play? i guess you're tanking pyroclasm mages or something, but good on you

if they doubled the value of stamina, or halved the dmg across the board, healers would be even more broken than they already are, and we'd be back to a dampening mana meta, that noone wants, unless you're a sadist i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    So someone who has over 300 games played of Boomkin was able to put together a 10 minute video of him getting a handful of good convokes off. Yeah... I'm not sure that means what you think it means.

The only class in the game that needs to be nerfed right now is Ret Paladin, every other class is pretty much fine.
    Dagger in the dark rogues are fine sure thing
    Convoke is dumb, and its bad for the game

most classes are fine yeah, even rets, they do subpar dmg outside of wings, just respect dmg cds, like vs firemages

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It should be like that
    players should be able to punish other players that misplay, not having your trinket up is something both teams should play around

Dont have trinket? play defensive, and cc goes
    dont trinket unless you see cooldowns, and you absolutly have to?

Its a learning curve, which is a good thing in this dumbing down everything meta that blizzard had going for it in legion and BFA
    Just saying its a learning curve and get good attitude is getting old. You must have bad eyes to not see how pvp is atm. Many people dont like the burstyness of shadowlands. Just look at the overwelming responses and threads. It has never been this loud.

Its realy not about use to defensives or use a trinket wise when you can get killed in a stun lol. Its a matter of fun.. and that part got lost this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    PvP feels real bad now. You will die in a stun if you don't have a trinket. There is no intelligent back-and-forth it's all about popping DPS cds and hoping the other guy drops before you. There are also fewer players online at any given time... no surprise.
    Yea this is true. Les and less people q for arena.

The ivory tower with those 10 2400 players kinda ruin it for the rest. For any one who wanna push it tho.

I would say, dont burn your hands at this and stop wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So im just running by some balance druid ganking somebody else or what do I know - Was going to world quest.

So anyway I get close to the heat, like 20 yards and apparently the druid has popped convoke...Im of course full health, 30.7k hp...and BOOM! Dead in what felt like 2 sec's, could not even react - Saw a starfall hit, and then next second I just dropped. Scary part is he wasn't even targeting me, and I was not even close to him.

I have played since classic - N E V E R have I gotten killed like that - Running on my mount, full health and getting killed in 2 sec's. Wish I had OBS running. Im used to getting ganked in rogues in 4 sec's through stuns, aka killed before stuns ends, but this was new...

Seriously, are pvperes, aka not a player like me, even enjoying this? Last time I took PvP more serious was like in TBC or wotlk, and its not like I want mana-war 22 mins long arena fights, but this is silly =/
    Turn off warmode? Problem solved. Now stop crying and complete your world quest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Just saying its a learning curve and get good attitude is getting old. You must have bad eyes to not see how pvp is atm. Many people dont like the burstyness of shadowlands. Just look at the overwelming responses and threads. It has never been this loud.

Its realy not about use to defensives or use a trinket wise when you can get killed in a stun lol. Its a matter of fun.. and that part got lost this time around.
    If you look at any other form of feedback people are loving it? look at streams, talk to people ingame? bursty pvp is just more fun than tanky pvp, i have never seen a valid point that could even slightly turn the perspective, people on forums complain about EVERYTHING, and its never good enough

ofc there are some outliers, but there always has been, and always will in a constantly changing mmo, its impossible not to

It really is? if they use an offensive cooldown, and you use nothing and sit a full stun, you deserve to die there? where else are you supposed to die?
    its not fun that people tank your cds without using defensives, and then still have defensive to throw around like nothing? imagine playing an FPS game where people are immune to death, doesnt really sound like a game anyone would enjoy

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at any other form of feedback people are loving it? look at streams, talk to people ingame? bursty pvp is just more fun than tanky pvp, i have never seen a valid point that could even slightly turn the perspective, people on forums complain about EVERYTHING, and its never good enough

ofc there are some outliers, but there always has been, and always will in a constantly changing mmo, its impossible not to

It really is? if they use an offensive cooldown, and you use nothing and sit a full stun, you deserve to die there? where else are you supposed to die?
    its not fun that people tank your cds without using defensives, and then still have defensive to throw around like nothing? imagine playing an FPS game where people are immune to death, doesnt really sound like a game anyone would enjoy
    Then you must be playing a differnt game lol.

Jokes aside, but this is obviously your opinion. I mean people in game? I have seen nothing but negatives, the only positive are the 10 people sittibg on that ivory tower floor 2400. I have a feeling what you mean by streamers, but Il ignore that for now.

Its realy not fun atm, forums, official, non official, fan sites all speak for themselves. Its very loud and clear that the majority doesnt like how bursty it is.
    Getting killed in a stun is fun to you right? Your trinket was on cd, because you had to use it or else you die. Guess what the next stun you can die to and the one afther that one as well. So what you are saying is dated and not realy relevant in todays arena. There are to many outliners then anything else if we have to believe you.

shadowlands is the first time for me in arena that I dont like it. I am nothing special, but been playing since 2004 and only got max 2k in arena, but I like a challange and dont give up easily. Started out with 2 friends of mine and first time we actually stopped playing. It does say alot for us.We are no 16 anymore and Its different this time and not for the good. I take dampen games over shadowlands in a heartbeat. Atleast it made some sense to think about tacts lol. Now.. its braindead burst.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-03-31 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistnectar View Post
    Turn off warmode? Problem solved. Now stop crying and complete your world quest in peace.
    Bro, I actually did, but weeks ago I was still not done with my PvP world achievements, main reason to keep it on...Aint the WM bonus thats gonna keep ppl playing with WM on anyway. Besides I actually enjoy world pvp, has always been a fan, spend many, many hours on it over the years, but what we have in SL now is not pvp...its whoever connects first.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Then you must be playing a differnt game lol.

Jokes aside, but this is obviously your opinion. I mean people in game? I have seen nothing but negatives, the only positive are the 10 people sittibg on that ivory tower floor 2400. I have a feeling what you mean by streamers, but Il ignore that for now.

Its realy not fun atm, forums, official, non official, fan sites all speak for themselves. Its very loud and clear that the majority doesnt like how bursty it is.
    Getting killed in a stun is fun to you right? Your trinket was on cd, because you had to use it or else you die. Guess what the next stun you can die to and the one afther that one as well. So what you are saying is dated and not realy relevant in todays arena. There are to many outliners then anything else if we have to believe you.

shadowlands is the first time for me in arena that I dont like it. I am nothing special, but been playing since 2004 and only got max 2k in arena, but I like a challange and dont give up easily. Started out with 2 friends of mine and first time we actually stopped playing. It does say alot for us.We are no 16 anymore and Its different this time and not for the good. I take dampen games over shadowlands in a heartbeat. Atleast it made some sense to think about tacts lol. Now.. its braindead burst.
    I mean, saying that people that bitch and complain on forums is the vast majority is just plain out wrong, forums are 90% trolls...
    10 people at 2400+? 10? do you know how the pvp system works?

trading cds back and forth is fun, knowing when you can sit a stun, or how to bait defensives with nothing is the skill of the game,
    you dont die in a stun when people dont pop cds, unless you're 180 ilvl vs a fully geared player, and even then...

the fact that you feel like you have the experience in pvp to comment on the pvp system as a whole is insane to me? your highest is 2k? ever?
    From a low rated players point of view, it might be bad because you arent tracking enemy cds or actually paying attention to more than your own rotation

but from a high end perspective, its good that people cant randomly die by the sword super late @like 3% and be fine, mistakes should be punishable,
    If you push behind a pillar, away from your healer, and you dont have a trinket, and you get stunned, you deserve to die there, it was a mistake

the only reason you enjoy dampen games is because you havnt played against people that actually know how to abuse dampening lmao...

its fine that you dont like it, dont play it?
    you say you dont give up easy? but you gave up?

it really didnt there is no real tacs in stalling games forever, except for slow enemies and run, but if thats the limit of your strategies i get where you're comming from lmao

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, saying that people that bitch and complain on forums is the vast majority is just plain out wrong, forums are 90% trolls...
    10 people at 2400+? 10? do you know how the pvp system works?

trading cds back and forth is fun, knowing when you can sit a stun, or how to bait defensives with nothing is the skill of the game,
    you dont die in a stun when people dont pop cds, unless you're 180 ilvl vs a fully geared player, and even then...

the fact that you feel like you have the experience in pvp to comment on the pvp system as a whole is insane to me? your highest is 2k? ever?
    From a low rated players point of view, it might be bad because you arent tracking enemy cds or actually paying attention to more than your own rotation

but from a high end perspective, its good that people cant randomly die by the sword super late @like 3% and be fine, mistakes should be punishable,
    If you push behind a pillar, away from your healer, and you dont have a trinket, and you get stunned, you deserve to die there, it was a mistake

the only reason you enjoy dampen games is because you havnt played against people that actually know how to abuse dampening lmao...

its fine that you dont like it, dont play it?
    you say you dont give up easy? but you gave up?

it really didnt there is no real tacs in stalling games forever, except for slow enemies and run, but if thats the limit of your strategies i get where you're comming from lmao
    So much wrong here...

You gave streamers as example m8 lmao and then complain that forums are full of trolls. Like I said you clearly play in a differnt time. If you actually checked it you see that forums are full of actual good feedback. Official and non officials. Players in game are not positive about arena at all idk wtf you are talking about.

And again.. Its not about that one stun dude. The second stun or third stun can be a one shot as well. Trading cds is not realy the shadowlands trait. And its all dandy you like it. But this is all based on your own opinion. Which I dont care about realy. I

Excuse me? You think you are better player so you should give feedback instead of everyone else below 2400 rating?
    The reason pvp is so bad right now is because they listen to these people which is minority lol. We see how that worked out.

No not realy. Bfa dampen games was just an example idiot, I was saying anything before shadowlands arena wise was more fun and that is my opinion.

Fine dont play it?
    You said you dont give up, but you gave up?
    Limiting your abillities, because idk how to abus3 dampen games?

Like I could say so much things about this, but i am trying hard not to laugh about your semi laughable elist post.
    Not even worth going into every single thing realy.. but when you say you gave up, when I clearly said this is the first time I dont like arena this expansion. Then yea its pointless to continue this conversation.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-04-01 at 02:35 PM.

Resilience will fix it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.