Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

$200m Kotick bonus

Wow. >.>

https://kotaku.com/activision-blizza...hil-1846493910

I have a lack of understanding about someone like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taikoen View Post
    Wow. >.>

Alas, you're in the wrong section for this topic but I agree with you. Sadly, this is the system people have built up where the top guys reap more than the smaller guys, and being prioritized more than its people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The only truly sobering fact is that he will be dead some day just like all the execs that in no way deserve obscene amounts of money like that. No it is not envy or anger, just disgust as it seems like almost no one who attains that kind of wealth truly does anything for humanity in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Alas, you're in the wrong section for this topic but I agree with you. Sadly, this is the system people have built up where the top guys reap more than the smaller guys, and being prioritized more than its people.
    Sorry - I don't post much - can an admin maybe move this to the correct spot, or should I try to delete/repost...?

5+ Year Old Account
    Thats why you dont give such clauses in the contract.

On the other side, I doubt those games would have become better if his bonus went into the developement/improvement/etc.

they are leeches who do nothing and bring companies to ruin by siphoning every possible $ into their pockets instead of putting it back into product quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The only truly sobering fact is that he will be dead some day just like all the execs that in no way deserve obscene amounts of money like that. No it is not envy or anger, just disgust as it seems like almost no one who attains that kind of wealth truly does anything for humanity in the present.
    I mean......being pleased that someone will die, simply because of their level of success is pretty much Envy & Anger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    they are leeches who do nothing and bring companies to ruin by siphoning every possible $ into their pockets instead of putting it back into product quality.
    yeah, you are right, activision and blizzard are both on the verge of ruin.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry - I don't post much - can an admin maybe move this to the correct spot, or should I try to delete/repost...?
    Dont worry, it will get swept under the rug into some obscure, dusty corner of this site and forgotten. Just leave it and let nature take its coarse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I mean......being pleased that someone will die, simply because of their level of success is pretty much Envy & Anger.
    Nah it is more schadenfraude than anything. You can be happy that someone dies without wishing it upon them, it is quite normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be moved for you sooner or later.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That sure makes for a fine gift card he would love to have. Why else would he possibly give it to his layed off employees..

Activision-Blizzard took in $8 BILLION last year.

Kotick may be reviled on here (including by me), but it's not his job to be liked. It's his job to take things that make money and squeeze them to make more. And once money stops coming out he throws them away and squeezes something else.

If anything, it's our fault he's getting a $200 million bonus... We're the ones buying his crap.

Why is it every time he announces he's giving himself an obscene bonus, it's the same week they announce huge mass layoffs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Activision-Blizzard took in $8 BILLION last year.

Kotick may be reviled on here (including by me), but it's not his job to be liked. It's his job to take things that make money and squeeze them to make more. And once money stops coming out he throws them away and squeezes something else.

If anything, it's our fault he's getting a $200 million bonus... We're the ones buying his crap.
    Shhh with your logic and reason, the toddlers just want to throw a fit in an echo chamber and have that feeling more precious than anything else: self-righteous indignation.

Don't like it, don't pay. I haven't since Legion massacred what I liked in WoW and replaced it with Legiondary RNG and bullshit M+ system that encourages playing too damn much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Why is it every time he announces he's giving himself an obscene bonus, it's the same week they announce huge mass layoffs?
    Because he saves Blizzard a enormous pile of money by reducing its labour costs. Isn't that obvious?
    Blizzard solely exists to make a profit, just like any other company in a capitalistic system.

"While the pandemic has made Kotick even richer, it hasn’t put an end to layoffs at Activision Blizzard. The company laid off roughly 800 people in early 2019, followed by hundreds more in the subsequent months, the closing of its French office, and just yesterday it confirmed that somewhere between 50 and 190 more people would be let go, including in its esports division, which has struggled over the last year during the ban on in-person gaming events."

How can people even question why wow and their other games is in such horrible condition? This is why.
    And lets hear "Hurrr durrr omg they were dont devs laid off"... Because 1000 fuckin people across a company as no effect on anything right? I would love to be as ignorant as the people actually believing that dumbass gullible story...

Shitbag doing his shitbag job. If you don't like it, don't buy Activision games.

But hey, they're doing their best to slowly consume and rot the entire industry, so that might be kind of tricky. Alternatively you can hope karma exists and a bolt of lightning hits him on the way to the store or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Shitbag doing his shitbag job. If you don't like it, don't buy Activision games.
    irony of posting that on a WoW fan forum lmao
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Shhh with your logic and reason, the toddlers just want to throw a fit in an echo chamber and have that feeling more precious than anything else: self-righteous indignation.

Don't like it, don't pay. I haven't since Legion massacred what I liked in WoW and replaced it with Legiondary RNG and bullshit M+ system that encourages playing too damn much.

Country of origin checks out.

Wow. >.>

Capitalism the rich get more and fuck the rest.

Blizzard is already ruined.
    Abandoned starcraft 2, ruined warcraft 3 refunded, abandoned diablo 3 years ago, heavily reduced support for heroes of the storm etc.
    Ton of gambling mechanics and every other pathetic form of cheap shallow game monetization possible.

They are making billions on the corpse of the old famous and beloved blizzard.
    Their product quality is trash compared to 10 years ago.