Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Should we accept changes like Blizzard actually completing those expansions as those two expansions had a ton of missing content such as questlines, zones, dungeons, raids and features?
    I'm stopping at WotLK. I hate the talent trees passed that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

we all liked cata and WOD when they were new content ( as short as that might have been for done people) so it’s not unreasonable to have fresh seasonal servers for every xpac at some point - private servers wouldn’t exist if the desire to get realm first on a fresh ( any xpac) server wasn’t there -

I'm fairly certain that the 'Classic' format will go for the initial 'trilogy' (Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK), after which they'll probably restart the cycle, maybe 'speeding it up' a bit on later cycles.

I don't really see a point in going ahead of those, since the world and the game systems are way closer to retail.

But hey, if enough people ask for it, who knows.

Probably. There is a lot more demand for the recent expansions since the people who played them haven't grown up and had careers, families etc.

Obvious there will be Wrath Classic, and it will be the most popular thing they ever release for the WoW IP... and I think maybe there will be a Cata classic? But after that I can see only a small chance for a MOP classic and then we're finished with the classics. Everything after MOP is what gave people the nostalgia for 1.x-3.x, not anything with nostalgia of its own

We all knew TBC Classic was coming, and undoubtedly WotLK, but is there really appetite for anything beyond that? Cata sub bleed and WoD launch were not great times.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    We all knew TBC Classic was coming, and undoubtedly WotLK, but is there really appetite for anything beyond that? Cata sub bleed and WoD launch were not great times.
    well at the end of the day it can lead to people either subbing or staying subbed for it with fairly little cost from blizz,when ever there is downtime on one game version people play another,and personaly i really miss playing some cata classes

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Cataclysm was utter shite and I don't think it will be popular enough for Classic, but hey who knows how things will look in 4+ years when that time is here. And obviously a big no to going back and changing the game, just leave it be.
    But Cataclysm classic... Is Cataclysm. Any changes to the old world happened in Cataclysm. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I doubt we'll ever get "classic" past WOTLK. Cataclysm is the tipping point where the game stopped being "old WoW" and started being "new WoW". There's not much demand for it.

Why would they ever make cata+ realms? You can go play all that content right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Classic is only the first 3, no real demand for anything beyond LK, rather play retail than cata again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Classic is only the first 3, no real demand for anything beyond LK, rather play retail than cata again.
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I doubt we'll ever get "classic" past WOTLK. Cataclysm is the tipping point where the game stopped being "old WoW" and started being "new WoW". There's not much demand for it.
    Got a source for that? I personally think there's a least a possibility that there could be high demand for all the expansions but if you have evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it.

I'd play a MoP "classic" tbh that expansion still has unmatched gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I pray to any higher power that may exist that Classic stops at Wrath. Cata is basically the same as retail so there's very little point to reliving it, mixed with the fact it was so widely panned as a terrible expansion bar Firelands and little bits of T11 I can't see them putting any effort into recreating it. Not to mention by that point the Classic player base will be split between 3 versions of the game, Cata would be DoA.
    In what way is Cata the same as retail? It's much closer to Vanilla than even to MoP. No cross realm except BGs, LFG. Skill points, static difficulty, No overhauled classes, no pruning...
    Cata failed because people were spoiled by the easy loot they got in Wrath and because its raids and villians were (with the exception of firelands) very dull. The only thing cata shares with retail is the revamped world.

This thread is full of blatant idiots.

The team that works on 'classic' isn't the same one that works on retail. You're not "wasting retail dev time" by putting effort into these versions.

It's like saying Retail dev time gets wasted by them putting effort into making new stuff for Starcraft 2.

Do you guys think they all work in the same department or what?

I think the solution for WoD is to make it only last 1 year instead of 2. Cataclysm... maybe 1.5 years instead of 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk is my endgame, wont play cata, mop or wod classic servers, they're shit imo

classic was made because the demand. there is no demand for anything past wotlk.

Dude who is still gonna be playing this game 4-6 years from now?