Questions about the looting system in legacy raids

Hey, how does the loot system work in legacy raids? is it the same with shadowlands raids?

Some questions:

1. If you have 4 different classes with different armor types will each one loot gear or weapons that are for its respective class/armor type only?

2. Is there a free for all / master looter option or is it random who can loot the bosses?

3. Is there a chance to get loot that cannot be used by anyone in the team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legacy loot allows for bosses to drop a collection of all of the loots that they have regardless of the classes in the group.
    You might get a boss that drops stuff nobody can use, or multiples of the same item, but it allows you to collect items that usually you might not be able get but could otherwise use for transmogs (such as caster daggers for rogues).

I am not sure about looting options since I usually run stuff solo.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2021-03-01 at 10:32 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    1. If you have 4 different classes with different armor types will each one loot gear or weapons that are for its respective class/armor type only?
    Doesn't matter it just gives you whatever loot and will spread it amongst the people in the group..its all tradable obviously but say you have a Pally, hunter, rogue, and priest and the boss drops 5 things...good chance the pally might get a dagger, cloth robe, and a trinket while the priest gets the 2H sword and Rogue gets a shield

2. Is there a free for all / master looter option or is it random who can loot the bosses?
    Its personal loot but you can trade it

3. Is there a chance to get loot that cannot be used by anyone in the team?
    yes I usually run solo with a rogue and very often get stuff I can't use so I just vendor. Same when I run 2 man with my wife who's a hunter..granted hunters can use most weapons we do get plate stuff quite often