Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I prefer a shop or dlcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, that should be in an expansion or an update.

I would, if the work they put in to better the game justified it

I would prefer them just releasing expansion packs and/or DLC on a somewhat regular basis. If the content of said expansion/dlc appeals to me...I will purchase it. If not, I will skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    D2LOD remastered will swamp d4. lol i got more fun from d2 than any other game in history of video games.
    It will have a massive influx at the start and then people will drop off until it has a small but very dedicated player base. Once D4 is out the numbers wont be close at all in any form. D4 will have a lot more active players. Remember D2 is coming out possibly years before D4 it will not retain the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    They promised

- Added additional Classes
    - more Events/Bosses
    - more unique items/affixes on a consistent basis
    etc....
    No. Not consistently at least.

I'd just sub for a month once or twice a year once it felt worth it.

Especially when you have a game like POE that is doing what they want to do VERY well for free, and getting near 100% out of the game is very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    D2LOD remastered will swamp d4. lol i got more fun from d2 than any other game in history of video games.
    I very much doubt that will be the case.

For all the people that complain about D3...it sold 20 million copies.

I probably would, yes. Granted, I would also expect a good amount of updates and "content" added outside of just buying the game for a premium.
    I am also not opposed having microtransactions etc.
    As long as they don't skew too much into the P2W territory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I'm really not sure why not. Unless the game is so amazing that you're actually still actively playing the game by the time the sub price reaches the price you would have paid for a one time purchase, you're not losing anything. If you still want to play the game enough to warrant a monthly sub at that point, is it not simply a good investment?
    You are making a weird assumption here that if game has sub it doesn't have purchase price. I don't understand where that comes from..

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    You are making a weird assumption here that if game has sub it doesn't have purchase price. I don't understand where that comes from..
    From the fact that you're making an assumption either way to whether, in the situation OP posed, the game does or does not have a purchase price. Given that OP did not specify one way or the other, I asked whether, if the game only had a sub, they would be bothered by paying the sub given the reasoning in the post you quoted.

Now that's all pretty obvious, but I understand that some people really need to have these things spelled out for them. These are all hypothetical situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

What exactly is the incentive for Blizzard to keep rolling out new seasons for D3? This is a serious question, I've never understood how they justify it with no subscription or micro-transactions. Isn't the game essentially dead as well?

Not saying the game should have a sub, I just don't understand how/why they continuously update the game without any real monetary gain past the initial purchase. Do they add seasons for SC2 still? Is it that a season is a low enough amount of effort to roll out?

Honestly don't know why they don't follow the PoE route with micro transactions, seems like the sensible option. I guess being the size Diablo is it doesn't need to?
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-03-09 at 06:02 AM.

We already know they plan on selling cosmetics like mount skins. That much was revealed back when D4 got announced.

I don't think a subscription would ever be warranted on top of that in an ARPG, especially with the competition Diablo has nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So two games of the same genre cannot coexist? What's with you PoE fans and your toxic gatekeeping? If Diablo 4 fails it'll fail if not then more competition is good.
    I never said that. I said D4 specifically will fail because PoE exists. The only way to compete with PoE at this point is to release a game and accept that you will not capture a long-term playerbase for at least five years, and only if you continue to develop content for your game at an intense pace. Blizzard will not do that with D4, we know they won't, so it will fail.

Notencharacters

90% of people here would not support but will pay a subscription to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    What exactly is the incentive for Blizzard to keep rolling out new seasons for D3? This is a serious question, I've never understood how they justify it with no subscription or micro-transactions. Isn't the game essentially dead as well?

Not saying the game should have a sub, I just don't understand how/why they continuously update the game without any real monetary gain past the initial purchase. Do they add seasons for SC2 still? Is it that a season is a low enough amount of effort to roll out?

Honestly don't know why they don't follow the PoE route with micro transactions, seems like the sensible option. I guess being the size Diablo is it doesn't need to?
    Blizzard has always supported their games for much longer than most companies would.

And Blizzard does support Diablo with microtransactions and other means. Keeping Diablo III somewhat relevant makes people more likely to buy the special edition of the latest WoW expansion which includes a new pet or a set of wings or something trivial like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    90% of people here would not support but will pay a subscription to play.
    No, I really don't believe I would pay an ongoing subscription for Diablo IV. I won't rule out the possibility altogether... but they would need to guarantee a lot more content than we have seen from any previous Diablo game for me to justify an ongoing subscription. Maybe I'd sub for a month...but that would just be to play through the game and then I would drop my sub before the next billing cycle.

I will happily pay for the game and I will likely buy any DLC's or expansions they release for it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I never said that. I said D4 specifically will fail because PoE exists. The only way to compete with PoE at this point is to release a game and accept that you will not capture a long-term playerbase for at least five years, and only if you continue to develop content for your game at an intense pace. Blizzard will not do that with D4, we know they won't, so it will fail.
    They will just have to make improved D3 and it's already a lot more appealing to me that PoE has ever been. And it really seems to be more "improved D3" than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Brand Investment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    They will just have to make improved D3 and it's already a lot more appealing to me that PoE has ever been. And it really seems to be more "improved D3" than anything else.
    How so? We still know almost nothing about how endgame will function. We really do not know that much about D4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    Brand Investment

- - - Updated - - -

How so? We still know almost nothing about how endgame will function. We really do not know that much about D4
    Well can't be much worse than running Rifts? Also it seems they've got rid of stupidly OP sets, which is like 90% of the problems I have with D3. Although I guess they could make open shared world gameplay and PVP a big focus and that would suck donkey balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    The world is basically made like WoW - persistent and with fixed dungeons, you go in and do them and farm gear and level up keys. WoW M+ system is an iteration of the GRs in D3 when the game got canned by management and they moved nearly all the team onto WoW because it was suffering from Warlord expansion and the huge backdraft - remember, it was at that time that they stopped counting subs and looked at "time spent online".

From that we got Legion, with the world quests and M+.

D4 is just going to be another iteration of that. World dynamic events, quest hubs and infinitely scaling dungeons - they have affixes, some specific/themed ones, and i expect some seasonal aswell (like in WoW). However, there's not going to be a timer involved, which makes the whole thing much more bearable since it's a game made to play solo aswell, you cannot end with a D3/WoW situation where the group meta destroys everything else; this way, since there's no time to beat, everyone can do the content, leaderboards can still exist but won't be a part of the character progression.

We also know there's going to be a sort of "paragon system", but it won't be something like in D3 where it's going to be the end of all things. Gear has no ilvl - some stuff is more rare to find so you want to run higher keys for better chances at loot, with some stuff actually dropping only from certain levels and above.

This is what we know so far, granted they can have changed the design completely by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    No, they will just cohexist. PoE has its core playerbase, as Diablo. Many people play both, and they're seasonal games where most people log in at release, get done with everything in the shortest time possible, and then log out.

D3 is still played now at 23 seasons even with no content. So the argument is bogus. Not saying that PoE isn't superior in terms of content quantity dished out through the years, but actual implementation to me still kinda sucks because their major issue with the game is that they have no idea how to deal with the insane scaling you can build up woith the right build and gear, so they resort to random oneshots and with last league "immunity phases" otherwise everything would just be a ZIPZIP oneshot run.

There's a reason why the dps is measured in "shapers per second". PoE is an extremely good game and the truly spiritual successor of Diablo 2 imho. But it's also way too tied to a past that's not aging well. Hope PoE2 makes things better on this side.

Combat wise, D3 nailed it. The flow/playstyle was superb and the only actual thing that kept me playing 1000+ hours.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.