Thread: Maw dead?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Maw dead?

When i look the the LFG system, i never see any Maw rare groups. Even if i make my own, i never get enough.

The maw is so bad solo.

Dose US have the same problem ?

Since you have to leave the Maw when joining a group in LFG I never use it. Anything I can't do solo I just use General Chat and can quickly form a group.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

we are powerfull enough to solo everything now so there is no need to group anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    we are powerfull enough to solo everything now so there is no need to group anymore
    Yeah no, you can't solo everything in the Maw, there are some places that are just way too rough.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah no, you can't solo everything in the Maw, there are some places that are just way too rough.
    not true, as tank you can solo everything there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    When i look the the LFG system, i never see any Maw rare groups. Even if i make my own, i never get enough.

The maw is so bad solo.

There is plenty of groups outside of the LFG tool in the Maw, far from dead.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post

The maw is so bad solo.

The maw has phase locking so you cant change server to avoid stuff or use it to abuse the stygia system.

people dont use LFG< because to join a group you would need to join, leave the maw, re-enter the maw, then run all the way over to the rare.

if ya need a group you are pretty much locked to /1 general chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Depends on your Class/Specc.As BM/Guardian Druid/Warlock i was able to solo any rare, even those with high life.My Havoc tried the same....and got terminated

@op
    maw is quite death, yes there is nearly no point in farming stygia now, with the season ending in about 10-12 weeks. At least for me. And there is nothing else no fun quests, no amounts of gold worth the effort, etc.
    I still do my weeklys for the last socket, but after i got my reputaation and most of my sockets there is no real point in farming there, or beeing there...

where can i find the maw

Good lord, the other day there were so many peopl ein the Maw doing the souls quest, All I had to do was sit next to one soul mob and kill it every time is spawned. BEcause of the large number of people, it was re-spawning almost immediately so I had all 20 souls in less than 10 minutes.

people only go to the maw to get their weekly 20 souls completed, then get out of dodge as fast as possible. its a horrible zone -- perhaps the worst in wow history -- and people minimize their time in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a Mage, Priest, or Rogue, then you are correct.

However, you can solo with pretty much anything else - Specs with a tanking spec can down everything solo except Borr-Geth, in which you need a magic dispel to solo because otherwise he quickly trucks your ass with the stacking damage buff. Shamans are a bit more reliant on being super-pumper and killing the rare before your Earth Elemental dies. Hunters/Warlocks should have little problems soloing most of the mobs in the Maw.

Of course, you can't solo the 3 Convocation rares since you need 4 ppl to even summon it - But once summoned, all 3 can be "solod"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

They realized that, and are totally revamping it in 9.1. A pity it's so far away

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Good lord, the other day there were so many peopl ein the Maw doing the souls quest, All I had to do was sit next to one soul mob and kill it every time is spawned. BEcause of the large number of people, it was re-spawning almost immediately so I had all 20 souls in less than 10 minutes.
    takes only a minute or 2 if you go to the place where the stygia incenrator spawns in the fire area outside of the entrance to the maw.
    there is 3 stones there that respawn every couple seconds and killing them spawns a soul, and with so many people you get like 3 at a time so you just run to each spot a couple times and boom.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Servo View Post
    Going by LFG, there's only about 15 tanks in all of WoW.

Laughs in Blood DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servo View Post
    I have yet to see anyone solo Exos, and since he have 3 different drop quests for achievement, many still farm him; personally the last one dropped for me yesterday, after 30ish kills.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The maw has phase locking so you cant change server to avoid stuff or use it to abuse the stygia system.

people dont use LFG< because to join a group you would need to join, leave the maw, re-enter the maw, then run all the way over to the rare.

if ya need a group you are pretty much locked to /1 general chat.
    how much to get you to commission a MMO-C avatar where Fel is just flipping people off

OT: After 9.1, the phasing system won't have a point in the maw, right?

From my experience the maw was dead within the first month of the expansion. No one ever doing anything because it was fucking terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    people only go to the maw to get their weekly 20 souls completed, then get out of dodge as fast as possible. its a horrible zone -- perhaps the worst in wow history -- and people minimize their time in it.
    Probably this.

I myself port into the Maw, grab the 3 Ve’nari weeklies, do 2 of the 3 (2 on 3 are usually next to each other) together with the 20 souls quest, skip the third because at that point I have 4 eyes of jailer and hanging around is just a pita, teleport back to Ve’nari, hand in quests, take portal back to Oribos, bye bye Maw till the week after (unless one of the callings I get after doing this process requires the 3 rares in the Maw).

Have yet to be exalted with Ve’nari but don’t care that much, it will happen sooner or later.

Won’t even bother taking the mount, will just wait for normal mounts to work in there.