Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner christinmccutie1212's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account

what computer do you suggest

i am 18, i used to play WoW when i was 13 and have not played since...
    what computers do you use? my budget is up to $1300
    christina

- - - Updated - - -

please people respond i want to order a new computer in a day or so

I'm going to suggest a bleeding edge computer - not a leading edge one, but one or two steps down from there. You should get solid performance for a few years. To go places like Tom's Hardware for various bits.

Also what will you be using your computer for? Video editing/3D modeling > gaming* > office productivity > email & surfing the 'net.
    *= If you want high frame rates, then this can push the gaming computer to have higher specs.

Keyboard Turner christinmccutie1212's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    basic internet and word processing
    and playing world of warcraft
    i am not able to put together my own computer so is there a model brand etc that you suggest?

Wrong part of forum...But mate, its a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY bad time to buy a PC now, unless you aim for an OEM aka prebuilt. You litterally cannot buy GPU's as the world see's its biggest chip shortage ever thats even effecting automotive industry now xd

I suggest pauls recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgo6LvGksVc Hes good with the semi-monthly builds lists. But this GPU is hit or miss.

Anyway right now a 5600 with a gtx 3080 would be top-dog for gaming without breaking the bank completely...If you could buy it.
    But remember to always value GPU the most for gaming...CPU's has gotten so good it barely matters, Im sure you could play modern games with like a 7700k and a 3090 and not leave that much performance on the table.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Find a local computer shop in your area, they usually have builds designed around different price points. Or go visit a major brand name website like alienware or hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Wrong part of forum...But mate, its a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY bad time to buy a PC now, unless you aim for an OEM aka prebuilt. You litterally cannot buy GPU's as the world see's its biggest chip shortage ever thats even effecting automotive industry now xd
    Not just that, the pandemic also significantly ramped up demand. So even prebuilt are hard if you want anything current. I ordered a new machine late november and am still waiting.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I'm going to suggest a bleeding edge computer - not a leading edge one, but one or two steps down from there. You should get solid performance for a few years. To go places like Tom's Hardware for various bits.

Also what will you be using your computer for? Video editing/3D modeling > gaming* > office productivity > email & surfing the 'net.
    *= If you want high frame rates, then this can push the gaming computer to have higher specs.
    You have bleeding edge and leading edge backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will personally suggest lenovo y540 (1660 ti one)

it literally rocks and as an easier comparison, it runs rdr 2 on ultra. enough said i guess ? a great piece with a satisfying price / performance ratio.

https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys...tasheet_EN.pdf if you want to check it out.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

i live in China so I will post 2 specs which are currently the most appealing among available to me at this point. Any suggestion would be great (with reasoning behind, if possible) I play WoW, LoL, Diablo, Warzone and stream on Chinese streaming platform. besides gaming, I am Photoshop and Premiere user (but I have been working in these 2 on my 1050ti, 7700HQ, 16Gb laptop without problems) :

A)11 000 CNY around 1680$
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (Pro Artist GratifyG3 cooler)
    TUF Gaming B550M PLUS
    RTX3070
    16Gb DDR4 3200 RGB (2x8)
    SN550 500G NVME
    600W 80PLUS PS

B) 12 000 CNY around 1840$
    i7-10700K (not sure if it's K, but I think it is)
    RTX3070
    ASUS ROG Strix B460
    32Gb DDR4 2666 (2x16)
    500Gb NVME + 1TB HDD
    600W 80PLUS PS

These 2 configs are something I can get now, changing any specs is not an option except adding HDD or RAM. Everything else is offered as shown.
    Last edited by VladimirM; 2021-03-08 at 11:10 AM.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    i live in China so I will post 2 specs which are currently the most appealing among available to me at this point. Any suggestion would be great (with reasoning behind, if possible) I play WoW, LoL, Diablo, Warzone and stream on Chinese streaming platform. besides gaming, I am Photoshop and Premiere user (but I have been working in these 2 on my 1050ti, 7700HQ, 16Gb laptop without problems) :

TUF Gaming B550M PLUS
    RTX3070
    16Gb DDR4 3200 RGB (2x8)
    SN550 500G NVME
    600W 80PLUS PS

RTX3070
    ASUS ROG Strix B460
    32Gb DDR4 2666 (2x16)
    500Gb NVME + 1TB HDD
    600W 80PLUS PS

These 2 configs are something I can get now, changing any specs is not an option except adding HDD or RAM. Everything else is offered as shown.
    Option A is significantly better, never mind that it's also cheaper. The B460 mobo in option B doesn't allow any kind of overclocking so whether the 10700 is a K model or not doesn't really matter, you'll also be stuck with that slow memory since again, no OC.

Whichever one you go for, have a look at what PSU they come with as that's usually the crappiest part of a pre-built. If it's just an "80Plus" with no other markings it's gonna be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post

TUF Gaming B550M PLUS
    RTX3070
    16Gb DDR4 3200 RGB (2x8)
    SN550 500G NVME
    600W 80PLUS PS

RTX3070
    ASUS ROG Strix B460
    32Gb DDR4 2666 (2x16)
    500Gb NVME + 1TB HDD
    600W 80PLUS PS

If you can get A, get A.

Just bought 2 from ibuypower, that makes 4 I've bought from them. I'm not sure what you can find prebuilt wise but their custom built options have never given me problems. That said if you go with the custom option you may be waiting 30-60 days to get it. Like many other places their options are becoming limited even on the expensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Just bought 2 from ibuypower, that makes 4 I've bought from them. I'm not sure what you can find prebuilt wise but their custom built options have never given me problems. That said if you go with the custom option you may be waiting 30-60 days to get it. Like many other places their options are becoming limited even on the expensive end.
    I could very well be wrong, but im pretty sure iBuyPower doesn't sell in China, which is where the OP is from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I could very well be wrong, but im pretty sure iBuyPower doesn't sell in China, which is where the OP is from.
    Have no idea where they sell tbh.

Sadly iBuyPower doesn't sell in China. But thank you all for answers. I will go with Ryzen option, and will get a new PSupply, I can change that myself uf the current one isn't good enough.
    Have a wonderful day. Much love from Changshu city, Jiangsu province ������
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by christinmccutie1212 View Post
    i am 18, i used to play WoW when i was 13 and have not played since...
    what computers do you use? my budget is up to $1300
    christina

- - - Updated - - -

please people respond i want to order a new computer in a day or so
    Not what you want to hear but honestly. Don't get a computer. Don't get stuck into the sitting at home just playing and glued to a computer playing any game. Your say you are 18. Go outside go for walks. Do those things you can now that you won't be or might not be able to to do later in life due to age.

Get a chromebook for school or work or the basic word processing and live life outside the box of house and coputer!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Not what you want to hear but honestly. Don't get a computer. Don't get stuck into the sitting at home just playing and glued to a computer playing any game. Your say you are 18. Go outside go for walks. Do those things you can now that you won't be or might not be able to to do later in life due to age.

Get a chromebook for school or work or the basic word processing and live life outside the box of house and coputer!
    OP lives in China, fren. He might not even be allowed to go outside right now. Not everyone who posts here is from a western democracy.

OP lives in China, fren. He might not even be allowed to go outside right now. Not everyone who posts here is from a western democracy.
    My post would hold true Eastern or Western. You are making this into something it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    My post would hold true Eastern or Western. You are making this into something it is not.
    Says the guy who rode in on some kind of "dont be a vegetable, get out and do something worthwhile with your life" (As if you are remotely the arbiter of what is or is not worthwhile for someone's hobbies) like an arrogant D-nozzle. Because obviously "going outside" has more inherent worth than doing something he enjoys. The fact that you cant see how stupidly arrogant you came off says a lot about your self-awareness.

Im not making it into something it isn't. Im responding to what you typed.

And no, it wont necessarily hold true for someone who lives in China. Not sure if you pay attention (your lack of basic self awareness leads me to believe that you arent) but there are places in China (right now, today) that you Cannot. Leave. Your. House. Period. Full stop. Not that im saying that the OP is in one of those places (i honestly dont know) but the fact that you're apparently unaware that that could even be a thing means maybe you should sit down and check that shitty "i know better than you" attitude.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2021-03-10 at 04:52 AM.

So christinmccutie1212 and VladimirM are the same person? Because the OP claims to be from New Jersey.