Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    What about the player who is progressing slowly through the ranks, working on timing all 10's right now for example? If they want to upgrade their stuff now it means they won't be able to upgrade it again when they get KSM. I don't want people to just run +2 and upgrade to 220 easily, but this current iteration just means you should never upgrade anything unless you are upgrading from 210 if you ever plan on getting KSM.
    Not really? Let's say Tom gets the BiS item Inscrutable Quantum Device from a +6 (so ilv 200) but Tom only has KSC (+10s in time but working on KSM). Sure he can upgrade to 210 (2 levels at 400 valor each time). So he's down 800 valor (out of 5000 via seasonal cap). Let's say in 3 weeks he finally gets KSM done by then the seasonal cap is 7250. Assuming he's done enough callings and M+, he can then upgrade that same IQD from 210 to 220 (another 3 levels for 1200 valor points total).

The only thing that might screw over Tom is if he also gets a IQD from the GV at higher than ilv 220 but what are the odds? Even with 3 choices unlocked the dungeon pool is vast.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    maybe read it whole and not just the part with numbers?

btw, riddle me this: if the 5k cap was weekly not seasonal WHY would they increase it the next week? they would just set it at some fix amount and leave it there...
    Maybe you should read the whole part:

"The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week. "

It's a WEEKLY cap, not a SEASONAL cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Wowhead says that 5000 is the maximum cap for the entire season with an extension of 750 each week. This means that if you earn 5000 VP the first week then you’re only able to earn 750 VP the next week.

The cap which was removed, was a cap of how many VP a character could hold at one time.

Maybe you should read the whole part on the patch notes:

"The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week. "

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    There is a blue post explaining it clearly that it is a season cap. Then they wonder why blizzard doesn't listen to this obtuse part of the playerbase.

Wrong. Maybe you should read the whole part on the patch notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    The only failure in the system is the inability to upgrade shit to 226.
    Well, I'd love to be able to get M+ gear to ilvl 226 but I can understand that they wanted raiders to give better rewarding as M+ raiders need some esteem and currently there are no tier armor and current M+ ones don't look really special which could serve as such.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2021-03-11 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Sadly it's quite obvious that the cap is not weekly but seasonal. Even the wording isn't precise about that (I'm backing up Arainie's comparison to salary) knowing Blizzard it's quite clear that if we spend our valor this week, the next one we will get a whooping amount of 750. I can only hope that Blizzard stealth-changes it but right now it looks like being made that you are allowed to upgrade 1-3 items entire season instead of catch-up mechanics I expected it to be (especially mythic CN race is over, hall of fame is closed and xrealm is allowed).
    Why quite obvious? It literally says in the patch notes that it' a weekly cap. Not a seasonal cap.

Gonna be a sad Tuesday when you realize you're wrong.
    Or he wil be vindicated and proven right.

Got love people who are soooo stubbornly sure about something that is poorly worded and not clear.

This situation is a Schroedinger's Valor Cap. It is both 5750 and unlimited until we observe what happens next week.

Gonna be a sad Tuesday when you realize you're wrong.
    I won't be wrong though. It's a weekly cap. Not a seasonal cap. It LITERALLY says it in the patch notes.

There's no way 750 valor is the gain each week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post

Got love people who are soooo stubbornly sure about something that is poorly worded and not clear.

This situation is a Schroedinger's Valor Cap. It is both 5750 and unlimited until we observe what happens next week.
    Why is it poorly worded though? It quite literally says "weekly cap" in the patch notes.

Weekly.

Weeeeeeely.

Not seasonal.

Weekly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Right now it takes 37 m+ to reach the cap. If you get to 5000 pts this week, u will be 5000/5750 next week. If you think you can farm 5000 this week and then next week you'll be 0/5750, you are smoking crack.
    Not quite. It literally says in the patch notes that it will work that way. Weekly cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnedk View Post
    Why quite obvious? It literally says in the patch notes that it' a weekly cap. Not a seasonal cap.

My heart is with you mate but I expect it to be seasonal cap. Blizzard used words that aren't clear but if you've been playing this game long enough you should remember that they are known for giving less then giving more. So I expect to be able to farm 750 if I farm 5000 this week. Unless they decided to listen to the unhappy people and make some changes by the next reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry Yinnedk will be back saying oh Patch Notes are wrong. Blizzard can't write accurate patch notes when it turns out the the cap is seasonal and not weekly.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...n-905/892616/1

As we’ve tested and iterated on the changes in patch 9.0.5, we’ve concluded that Valor for Mythic Keystone Dungeon gear would benefit from an immediate kickstart, so we’re adjusting the configuration of Valor caps. This currency is being added well into Shadowlands Season 1, so we want to pace it as though it’s been available for several weeks, giving players a large measure of gear catch-up capacity from the start.

• In 9.0.5, there will be a weekly Valor cap that increases by 750 Valor each week, and the cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week.
    • In the second week of 9.0.5, the Valor cap will be 5750. In week 3, the Valor cap will be 6500, etc.
    Thus it reads to seasoned players. Total (aka Seasonal) cap for Valor on week 1 = 5000. Week 2 = 5750 (increase of 750) and not 10750. Week 3 = 6500 (again another increase of 750) and not 17250.
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2021-03-11 at 10:15 PM.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53066166

- - - Updated - - -

And you didn't present anything but your own anecdote either so...(actually wasn't even anecdote, just an opinion with no substance lol)....your facts aren't facts at all.

Edit: Please see the post below this for more evidence that what I'm seeing is not some edge-case scenario and that you're wrong.
    Here is the fact of the matter: there is now an additional way of gearing up a toon, main or alt. Nothing was removed. Nothing was replaced. An additional avenue was added. Therefore: easier to gear my alts.

People complaining about not being able to get into mythic runs is nothing new. If you're unable to do mythic runs that issue is with you, not the game, not the current system in the game. You!

I get that many of you will complain about, literally, anything. But in this case, VPs are a welcome addition due to providing another option for increasing the gear level of toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    My heart is with you mate but I expect it to be seasonal cap. Blizzard used words that aren't clear but if you've been playing this game long enough you should remember that they are known for giving less then giving more. So I expect to be able to farm 750 if I farm 5000 this week. Unless they decided to listen to the unhappy people and make some changes by the next reset.
    Yeah, someone said this might be a throwaway account - its not, I've been here since Feb 2010 but lost my account when I apparently had to agree to change my password because of a change of terms a while ago etc.

Either way, they may have used the wrong word, but the patch notes themselves specifically state "weekly" and that is not "words that aren't clear" to me at all. Weekly is extremely obviously referring to the weekly reset. Everything is weekly. They wouldn't have 2x 2h weapons cost an entire season of valor to upgrade. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Don't worry Yinnedk will be back saying oh Patch Notes are wrong. Blizzard can't write accurate patch notes when it turns out the the cap is seasonal and not weekly.
    I know they've dropped the ball, kicked the ball away and then fed it to a giraffe this expansion already. Loot is proper messed up. But there's no way they would bring in a system where you were able to upgrade a 184 2h weapon to 220 and could only do that using a WHOLE SEASON worth of valor. They really aren't THAT stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't sane stuff. There is ZERO chance they expect people will grind 38+ M+ dungeons a week. Hell, the pitiful amount callings give are a dead giveaway there's no chance in hell this is a weekly cap. They don't explicitly say it's a weekly cap either.
    Read the patch notes. They do indeed "explicitly say it's a weekly cap".

They do. Honest. Check it.

Yeah, someone said this might be a throwaway account - its not, I've been here since Feb 2010 but lost my account when I apparently had to agree to change my password because of a change of terms a while ago etc.

Either way, they may have used the wrong word, but the patch notes themselves specifically state "weekly" and that is not "words that aren't clear" to me at all. Weekly is extremely obviously referring to the weekly reset. Everything is weekly. They wouldn't have 2x 2h weapons cost an entire season of valor to upgrade. No way.
    They've used the word "weekly", that's right. Yet this could be understood as "750 per week" which is higher right now because they added this mid-season. I really hope I'm wrong but on the other hand farming 35+ mythics each week for a cap seems absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't have 2x 2h weapons cost an entire season of valor to upgrade. No way.
    Depends on where you start upgrading from. From M+2 all the way to the max? Yeah I can see that costing quite a bit. Just compare how much it would cost a PvP piece of gear from default (rank 1) to max.

Second, consider the valor system if it was fresh on Season 2. Your cap would be 750 and it would grow by 750 each week. Since we're at season 2 start, everyone is at the same start point (no banked valor, no KSM from the current season).

It's only weird now because we're in mid-season 1 while Blizzard added this new system.
    ---

I won't be wrong though. It's a weekly cap. Not a seasonal cap. It LITERALLY says it in the patch notes.

There's no way 750 valor is the gain each week.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it poorly worded though? It quite literally says "weekly cap" in the patch notes.

Weekly.

Weeeeeeely.

Not seasonal.

Weekly.

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite. It literally says in the patch notes that it will work that way. Weekly cap.

Yea so week 1 you can earn 5000 valor, week 2 assuming you got 5000 valor you can earn 750 more, assuming you got 0 you can earn 5750. Either way the absolute maxmium any one person can earn in week 1 is 5000 and in week 2 is still 5750.

You are way too hung up on specific wording and not what is simplest answer here.

Besides! Let's say you are right and week 2 lets you total out to 10750 across both weeks. Effectively then there is no cap, and thus nothing to complain about anyway so might as well ignore it.

I really hope that people thinking that 5k cap will be resetting/increasing (by actual 5k) each week are trolling, because if not...then any kind of fate in humanity I might have previously had, has just evaporated.

You really think that Blizzard expects anyone to run 38 (+6 each week) mythics a week? When fuck ton of people can't even be bothered to run 10 for vault, and end it at 4? I mean, sure, there MIGHT be some people with overabundance of free time, and a deep passionate love for m+, but those are so few and far between, that chances of Blizzard tuning anything with those people in mind are less than zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    I really hope that people thinking that 5k cap will be resetting/increasing (by actual 5k) each week are trolling, because if not...then any kind of fate in humanity I might have previously had, has just evaporated.

You really think that Blizzard expects anyone to run 38 (+6 each week) mythics a week? When fuck ton of people can't even be bothered to run 10 for vault, and end it at 4? I mean, sure, there MIGHT be some people with overabundance of free time, and a deep passionate love for m+, but those are so few and far between, that chances of Blizzard tuning anything with those people in mind are less than zero.
    I will post here again when we are proved right after the reset.

Blizzard doesn't expect anyone to do 38 m+ in a week. It's a catch up mechanic, people who are farming gear for it might do 20 or whatever. It's to have a hard-cap to stop people getting full 220 in a week.

Patch notes still say "weekly cap".

10+ Year Old Account
    a system where you were able to upgrade a 184 2h weapon to 220 and could only do that using a WHOLE SEASON worth of valor. They really aren't THAT stupid.
    But why would you do so? To unlock ilv 220 you need KSM which means you're doing +15s which drop ilv 210 at end of dungeon. So you would upgrade ilv 210 to 220 which is only 4 ranks and even at 1k (if it's a 2H weapon) per rank that's only 4k valor. Compared to 12k valor to raise something from 184 all the way to 220.

Granted nobody is stopping a player from spending 12k valor on such an upgrade path but it seems a little silly at this point of season 1.

Now if we consider Season 2, then yeah it does make sense because at season 2 with valor, you would be starting from the new rank 1 (let's say it's ilv 200 for rank 1 reward from +2 with the rank 12 cap at ilv 240). Again if the 2H drops is BiS due to stat distribution, then it would grow with you as season 2 progressed as you earn not just the valor to upgrade but also KSM season 2 (because it's likely you'll need KSM every season to unlock the upgrade path each season).

As for grinding out KSM for each season, well that's a different discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the more important question is will you post again if you were proved wrong?
    ---

Maybe you should read the whole part:
    there is whole paragraph explaining it but you choose to blindly believe your bullshit that goes against all logic and all ingame systems, bcs the SINGLE WORD is not there?!
    like realy, read it and try actualy understading before talking, only thing you will achieve is you will look like idiot after reset bcs you are clearly wrong...
    Infracted

btw why would you quote the part about fix cap and not say ANYTHING about it? is it bcs you have no argument and are just not capable to admit it?
    why wouldnt the weekly cap for week two be 5k too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post

there is whole paragraph why first weeks cap is 5000, its not poorly worded its actualy realy hard to understand in any other way than the cap is seasonal just have a head start for first week as we are well into season...

and if the cap was weekly WHY ON EARTH would they increase it next week? if it was 5k first week why 5750 next week, why not keeping it at 5k for next and next week too?
    it makes absolutely no sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Read the patch notes. They do indeed "explicitly say it's a weekly cap".

They do. Honest. Check it.
    "In the second week of 9.0.5, the Valor cap will be 5750. In week 3, the Valor cap will be 6500, etc."

they do not, you should learn how to read...

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-in-905/892616

- - - Updated - - -

you will be proven wrong though, we know it, wowhead writers know it, blizzard knows it, only you and one or two more people in this thread seems to not know it
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-03-12 at 06:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Here is the fact of the matter: there is now an additional way of gearing up a toon, main or alt. Nothing was removed. Nothing was replaced. An additional avenue was added. Therefore: easier to gear my alts.
    The "therefore" conclusion you draw is again your own opinion, or anecdote, whatever, and is not supported by anything you said, at all, whatsoever. They could add a new currency that drops strictly off of Mythic sire which is in line with all of your "facts" as well but the accessibility, means of obtaining them, and impact it has on various player groups would be completely different. Those are where the issues lie. The simple existence of a new currency means nothing and isn't an argument or proof of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    People complaining about not being able to get into mythic runs is nothing new. If you're unable to do mythic runs that issue is with you, not the game, not the current system in the game. You!

I get that many of you will complain about, literally, anything. But in this case, VPs are a welcome addition due to providing another option for increasing the gear level of toons.
    The only "fact" in this situation is that since the patch, low level keys are now being overtaken by well-geared players who want to easily farm valor (brought up by numerous people, not just me). My inability to get into a group (the same groups I was able to before) is not an issue with me. It is absolutely and without question an issue with the game and is directly related to valor. You've again just offered your opinion which is supported by nothing. Glad to hear it is working out for you and you think it's a positive. Sad you can't even comprehend that there are groups that have been negatively impacted by this though as well. It's not a huge deal and some of us will have to adjust, but it exists. Feel free to deny it until you are blue in the face.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2021-03-11 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I think the more important question is will you post again if you were proved wrong?
    please, we will never hear of him again, ego of people like this cant bear being wrong