Was Hearthstone created from a retired adventurer? In-game explanation.

The in-game explanation for the card game as it presented on Azeroth is what I'm asking about. Was the card game created by a retired adventurer that just happened to retire as an innkeeper? The game itself is more a whimsical take on Warcraft lore but I'd like to think that in-game it was conceived as such. Also is the innkeeper a magically inclined user? Now I realize that the "Innkeeper" could've just heard stories from people going in and out as expansions came and went and just changed it up a bit. Anyone got canon or even head-canon explanations?

- - - Updated - - -

Also interestingly according to Bob who is an innkeeper for Bob's Tavern in BG mode, he said he once served a death knight a drink and it just instantly froze. So being undead does not mean you can't enjoy food or drinks?

I don't think there is an actual canon explanation for Hearthstone, though I think it'd be cool if there was. Your ideas aren't bad either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelca View Post
    Also interestingly according to Bob who is an innkeeper for Bob's Tavern in BG mode, he said he once served a death knight a drink and it just instantly froze. So being undead does not mean you can't enjoy food or drinks?
    DK's have a special fancy for popsicles
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

Death Knights specifically are very cold,so that's probably it. As for undead enjoying food or drinks,I dunno if there's a clear answer,but we know from a book in Acherus that they definitely can't enjoy alcohol anymore at least

The various traits of undeath vary wildly depending on who's story is being told. Some of the better preserved undead seem to enjoy life in much the way normal people would... just they're immortal and maybe have an adverse reaction to typical healing magics.

Others are woefully altered and do not have the same tastes as the living. Other tellings they have no benefit to food/drink and just mimic it