You know how Lava burst + Flame shock

You know how lava burst with flameshock was made so that if you cast flameshock while lava burst is flying, it counts it as being there and crits? -- well that doesnt work with, say, the necrolord ability - which may be because of the cast time.

Does Mind Blast -> Devouring plague, due to the lack of travel time, count the mind blast as hitting first if you cast the devouring plague at the end of the MB?

I noticed that if I open with Vampiric Touch -> SWP that the SWP actually registers first according to the log/DBM, so i wasnt sure about MB>DP.

I don't recall a lot about most of those priest spells, but part of the reason lava burst + Flame Shock works is because Lava Burst has significant animation(Air) time. Theoretically the combination -should- work for anything that has air time (read: Animations like Lava Burst or mage fireball) coupled with something that has none (SWP, Moonfire, ect)

Don't know anything about priests so someone else would need to chime in.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played with my priest in some time, but isn't mind blast instant damage sorta like mages arcane blast? IE, there is no magic projectile traveling from you to the target, just BOOM numbers. If that's the case, wouldn't mind blast always hit before anything else?
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    I haven't played with my priest in some time, but isn't mind blast instant damage sorta like mages arcane blast? IE, there is no magic projectile traveling from you to the target, just BOOM numbers. If that's the case, wouldn't mind blast always hit before anything else?
    Now that you bring that up, if they havent changed it ya mind blast should be instant application just like Shadow Word Pain. There you go Kira, thats why the combo doesnt work.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it still behaves that way though. They could have a talent point that modifies it. /shrug
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    Well I asked because Vampiric touch doesnt have a travel animation (does it?) but SWP will land first if you end the VT cast with a SWP.

Anyways, Lava Burst has some weird history -- if you google it, there are pages of Shamans saying its on cast vs on hit; there were also changes to Shatter back in legion to on hit instead of on cast. I had thought there were some window added to flame shock, but it seems to just be on hit with a special "if flame cast falls off while its in the air it will still crit"

Anyways, just wondering. It seems mind blast is truly instant though - as it doesnt seem to count the DP if cast at the end.