Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I'm just gonna go with banning the most prevalent high-end RIO specs outright. So at this moment, the following would be disallowed:

Tanks:
    -VDH

Healers:
    -Hpal
    -Rsham

Melee DPS:
    -Outlaw Rogue
    -WW Monk
    -Fury Warrior
    Maybe UHDK and Havoc as well. Heck, maybe even Fury falls into "Maybe" here. There's a much smaller gap in Melee DPS representation than any other role.

Ranged DPS:
    -MM Hunter
    -Fire Mage
    -Balance Druid

Seeing non-meta specs played at high levels might encourage the playerbase to branch out a bit more.
    first of all - this woudl force devs to even try to balance specs properly -because now they dont even care - i mean 3% buff to fire mages in 9.0.5 - what were they smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    first of all - this woudl force devs to even try to balance specs properly -because now they dont even care - i mean 3% buff to fire mages in 9.0.5 - what were they smoking.
    You're just crying for the sake of crying without reading,
    "Mirrors of Torment (Venthyr)
    Arcane: Now grants a stack of Clearcasting when a mirror is consumed (was mana).
    Fire: Fire Blast cooldown reduction increased to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds)."

Not a single fire mage who cares about damage, is Venthyr. It's a "3%" buff that doesn't even matter, because no one is Venthyr

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I have no idea how to make mdi less boring to be honest.

But I don't think "bans" and "randomized teams" are the answers though. If you do that, you basically force the people competing to be great players of every single class and to practice those dungeons on every possible class. MDI is already barely worth it as an esport to people taking part in it. If those things happened, no one would participate in it anymore.

It needs a much fresher idea I think. Something to change the whole gameplay and do so in every match as well
    Yeah, that's pretty incorrect.

It means that you'd need to have each person know how to play at least two classes. Tanks and heals probably 3, but really just two.

And most of the folks at the higher end all play at least three classes very well if not four so that they can progress during things like the race to world's first, which includes split runs and M+ pushing.

Meanwhile Blizz should just pay the players what the players would normally receive while streaming to cover their practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibarel View Post
    Main issue is that MDI has nothing to do with keys on live servers. We fairly slowly push keys that are hard for us in 30-40 min runs, while these are 10-15 min speed runs we'll never see on live servers.
    I think bans, non-meta classes and other restrictions are not good at all, since they will make lives of players even more miserable and will not do much for the viewers, as less efficient specs will make the pulls less spectacular. This is not a MOba where you have balanced field of heroes and very few maps, Wow classes are way more complex and none of them are tuned for speed running dungeons.
    The best way is to keep it as is, but do only one qualification tourney and one finals tourney for each season, so that new affixes and class changes will help to keep it fresh.
    Multiple weekly tournaments with slowly evolving comps are boring for viewers and require huge time commitment from the players.
    MDI does +18 keys. A pug can do a 15 min run in a 18 key if it's the right dng. There's NOTHING hard about MDI, it's a joke at +18.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    thousands and thousands of players can complete 18s with premade gear, these aren't difficult dungeons. They would just be slower and more amateurish.

Maybe that's better? College sports are incredibly popular even if the players are shit compared to the pros.
    that could be a solution. right now it's a little not so popular niche. to stay with the analogy: it's like women football. (and now im waiting for the storm )

Set class and race lineup for each dungeon. Differing them across maps. Let teams practise those comps and see which teams understands the most classes and race combos instead of the meta.

It's what I would do at least.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    MDI does +18 keys. A pug can do a 15 min run in a 18 key if it's the right dng. There's NOTHING hard about MDI, it's a joke at +18.
    That's like saying a sub 10s 100m run isn't impressive because (almost) everyone can complete 100m with no issues. What they're doing, whether you enjoy watching it or not, is pushing their classes/skill/teamwork right to the limit to set the times they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    maybe do something like hunger games where 1 team is picked from every realm. but realm identity and pride was destroyed long ago. you could only do a hunger games once due to the surprise factor. after that, people will try to skirt the rules by carpetbagging choice realms and ruin the idea.
    Kinda like the "real" one in the book/movie with certain districts training for it?

Maybe need to have "funny" teams like from "Dodge Ball". Teams wearing silly hats, weird outfits, and make-up?

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Are you actually watching the MDI?

There are meta picks but there are still different strats used between the different groups. Hell, the meta has shifted in just the last few weeks. Yeah, it's not perfect but none of the suggestions you made make the MDI any more fun to practice for. Old MDI pros are already dropping out because they can make more playing different games, things like this would only accelerate the mass exodus.
    They can make more playing other games because the audience isn't there for the MDI. To be honest I could care less if the old MDI people left because its current form is boring to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by holywhiskers View Post
    The banning can not be a thing. The excitement is in every pull being on a razors edge of pass fail. You can't swap out classes like that. I'm not sure what to do to improve the viewer experience of MDI but bans is not the answer. The competitors wouldn't do it.
    Then we would just get new competitors.

This feels like Binding of Issac, Hades, Zelda Randomizer races. Those are actually kinda fun to watch but that's cause they have to figure shit out on the fly

Well since MDI is directly responsible for alot of the problems in the m+ community (meta slaving etc) I wonder if making people play non-meta could have an opposite effect. Probably not.

EZ fix

- Player POV. So we can see player UI’s/gameplay

- Full group wipe = DQ. No one has time for long drawn out matches

- Increase difficulty. Tired of seeing entire rooms pulled and aoe’d

- No class stacking

Let's expect this dudes that practice the meta comps for dozens of hours to be able to play every spec\class in the game to a decent enough level that their runs would be interesting to watch? That's what people suggesting bans or not able to repeat specs are asking for.

I wouldn't have any interest on watching mediocre* specs be played at a non-optimal level just for the sake of diversity. Guess a lot would. Diversity just for the sake of diversity isn't a good thing.

For me there's nothing wrong with the MDI formats, WoW just isn't the best spectator game... same goes for Arena. I just don't like watching it. I do check highlights for innovative runs or super weird cheeses, but i'll never watch the event themselves, and even those are very few and far between.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-03-16 at 12:53 AM.

Instead of making them speed runs where they blow everything up, they should make the runs a higher key so that they have to struggle at least a little bit so it's closer to how it is on live. No one is going to learn anything when they pull the entire dungeon in one pull since it isn't possible on live for 99% of the players.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-03-16 at 01:06 AM.

In my opinion the only change MDI should do is to give them higher keys,these people do high keys on live im sure they can do that on tournament aswell ^^ a +18 for them is nothing (except plaguefall for Sloth team in the last tourn lol :P jk jk )

Requiring a different comp or letting your opponents pick your setup from a pool of characters (each team will have 3 tank characters, 3 healers, and w/e amount of dps). Gives a bit of variance that would be tough to scrim and practice on. You would know they won't pick your Vengeance DH so better know the strat with a possibly awkward comp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Instead of making them speed runs where they blow everything up, they should make the runs a higher key so that they have to struggle at least a little bit so it's closer to how it is on live. No one is going to learn anything when they pull the entire dungeon in one pull since it isn't possible on live for 99% of the players.
    I'll agree here as well. It should be some insane HP on trash BUT I'm hoping not enough damage on the tank to force endless kiting.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Requiring a different comp or letting your opponents pick your setup from a pool of characters (each team will have 3 tank characters, 3 healers, and w/e amount of dps). Gives a bit of variance that would be tough to scrim and practice on. You would know they won't pick your Vengeance DH so better know the strat with a possibly awkward comp.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll agree here as well. It should be some insane HP on trash BUT I'm hoping not enough damage on the tank to force endless kiting.
    It's just so annoying on class discords for example when people are like "i'm going this talent & covenant because of the MDI", when that combination is actually bad in 90% of scenarios in mythic+, but it just so happens to fit some weird MDI speedrun strat so of course it's BiS. The keys should be at least a 20 since they have 230 gear on. Since these people are able to do 23s and 24s, 20's shouldn't be "impossible".

It's just so annoying on class discords for example when people are like "i'm going this talent & covenant because of the MDI", when that combination is actually bad in 90% of scenarios in mythic+, but it just so happens to fit some weird MDI speedrun strat so of course it's BiS. The keys should be at least a 20 since they have 230 gear on. Since these people are able to do 23s and 24s, 20's shouldn't be "impossible".
    Not happening. Practice time is already ridiculous. Forcing them to play on even higher keys would make it beyond ridiculous, well past the point where any groups would reasonably want to compete. Also, there isn't a single fucking soul on this planet that wants to watch a 5+ minute Tyrannical Ingra Maloch or Gorechop. This would be disastrous on every level.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Not happening. Practice time is already ridiculous. Forcing them to play on even higher keys would make it beyond ridiculous, well past the point where any groups would reasonably want to compete. Also, there isn't a single fucking soul on this planet that wants to watch a 5+ minute Tyrannical Ingra Maloch or Gorechop. This would be disastrous on every level.
    The strat would shift from "speed run" to try to complete it but as fast as possible. How would making it not a snooze fest for them "disastrous"? They alreayd play on higher keys anyway. Keep in mind that MDI is on tournament realms where they can choose BiS gear and covenant for each dungeon.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-03-16 at 05:57 AM.

The strat would shift from "speed run" to try to complete it but as fast as possible. How would making it not a snooze fest for them "disastrous"? They alreayd play on higher keys anyway.
    1.) They'd have to straight up remove Tyrannical from the rotation. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.
    2.) Please address how forcing MDI participants who already practice way too fucking much to practice even more is productive. (I'll give you a hint: It isn't.)
    3.) Long fights are boring as shit. Viewers (that aren't you I guess) don't like them. Players don't like them. Casters don't like them. If you want to see high keys, watch any of the endless number of high key pushers on Live. That shit does not need to be in the MDI.