Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have issues with the game but what really bothers me as of late is the lack of people around. Nobody in my friend lists plays anymore, my guild only has a few active members on at a time, the world feels completely dead and it gets harder to even find groups where I now have to make my own more often, there is no world feeling and everything is disconnected and behind loading screens. I miss the MMO feeling a lot, this now feels more like some grindy singleplayer game while I never minded grinding back in TBC and WotLK. This expansion declined a lot in popularity and its showing.

Here's my two cents and ill just talk from my perspective and how i'm currently feeling about the game.

The game is old as others have said therefore because of the additions to the game and as a person one changes, it's only natural for the game to feel different. Even if the game had remained stagnant (which would probably not be possible) the game would feel different. Why, because as we grow up, things change on how we precieve things and sometimes our idea of Fun shifts. Things that were fun back then may not be fun now and vice versa.

As for SL directly, i really enjoyed the story and the track to get to cap. I was also a Beta player so I got to experience much of the content on the way to 60. However, once i got to around ilvl 206, the game started to weigh on me. I'm a very lore oriented player and yes i run raids and do +M content and PVP etc but my one thing that keeps me playing wow is Lore. I know the lore isn't the best but its a guilty pleasure for me.

Atm ive done every quest and event that i could think of that gave me every piece of Lore i can find. So i unsubbed for now and plan to resub in 9.1.

However, depending on the quantity of the lore, i may drop again and wait for the next major content patch once the content of 9.1 has been exhausted.

I don't blame the game, the developers or even the player base. It's not really a thing to assign blame it's just is what it is. The game is how you take it, having fun? Keep playing, if you're not then stop and play something else. There's no need to attack each other and try to make it bigger than it actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    It's almost like there's more to this forum than retail WoW, not to mention a completely separate sub forum for Classic, a different iteration. Crazy right.

I love how you can't seem to fathom a basic thought process, see above.
    Yet 1/3rd of your posts aren't on the classic forums and a overwhelming amount of the posts you've made on the classic forum is bashing retail.

High entertainment value though, I'll give you that.

I love how you tried, too.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like there's more to this forum than retail WoW, not to mention a completely separate sub forum for Classic, a different iteration. Crazy right.

It's almost like you're letting a game you supposedly hate dominate your life...or were you just confused and thought this was the classic forum?

It's been garbage for years mate. Not sure what you expect on here as the white knights will defend it until the cows come home, no matter how awful it is lmao.
    Maybe some of us still play it because we still enjoy it ? I admit I don't particularly think Shadowlands is a good xpac although I still enjoy raiding with my guildies who i've played with since Cataclysm in some cases. But it's still better than most other games... I have literally hundreds of highly rated steam games and after trying them most of them get played for about 15 minutes before I realise it's not for me.

Out of all the games i've tried in the past couple of years the only 1s i've played to completion are both Ori games, Soma and Frostpunk and once completed there is little replay value in those games as far as i'm concerned. WOW keeps me coming back.

There is only 1 other game that i've continued to play fairly regularly for as long as i've played WOW (it's Football manager) and I wouldn't be reading forums or posting about Football Manager if I stopped playing that. So WOW must be doing something right to keep people playing the game who think it's garbage or at least get them to return regularly for patches. Some people such as yourself who claim it's garbage even still play or at least follow it on forums, youtube etc. Why ??

I'm curious if there's any other games you once enjoyed but stopped playing and if you feel the need to trash them? Presumably not.. I'm wondering why WOW has such a hold on you ? If I really disliked WOW or stopped getting any enjoyment out of it i'd move on. When I play a game and I stop getting anything out of it I move on even if I absolutely loved it at 1 point... just like I did with those few other games I mentioned.

I miss snapshotting and mana management as a DPS. I know those systems were made obsolete by addons and new classes, but still. I liked having more self heal as a WL in exchange for using my health as mana. I liked snapshotting and I never used any addons to calculate my damage for me.
    I kinda miss being able to mix up my spec with abilities shared among all specs of a class. That's the only thing sad about the new talent system: You play specs but not a class anymore.

But overall the game is in a better state right now than at any point in the past 2 expansions, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You're bored by a game you've been playing for years, no need to write a thesis. Just stop and do something else. This is a you problem.
    I’d argue genuinely bad game design isn’t a “you” issue. Seems more to me like this is a general consensus from the players.

I honestly think the major deviation from the original game is the world itself.

Imo Blizzard has put so much effort into borrowed powers systems and "proper" story telling, that the world building aspect of the development got left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

I don’t hate SL. I like it, actually. But the game design is pretty poor atm. Just feels like PVE ain’t shit atm compared to PVP, and that’s unfortunate. Not to mention there really isn’t anything long term or anything very rewarding to do in the game...

If grinding AP was a terrible way to continuously playing, then a lack of anything to do in the open world is just as bad, but on the opposite end of the spectrum. Callings don’t fix this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    I honestly think the major deviation from the original game is the world itself.

Imo Blizzard has put so much effort into borrowed powers systems and "proper" story telling, that the world building aspect of the development got left behind.
    Which sucks cause the Shadowlands are cool asf, and I wanna see more world building on top of that. Hell, the Enemy Infiltration stuff was a PERFECT way of providing world building content while also aiding the players in the stories ahead. Idk why we don’t get more of this shit...

3+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just because you're older OP. When you're a kid everything seems all coll and all, but when you become an adult, everything just becomes all bland and even boring. But, that dosen't mean you need to give up stuff you've loved forever! Sometimes just taking a small break lhelps
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Totally understandable, there is basically nothing to do on classic so makes sense for you to spend all that time here, wrong sub forum tho, classic is the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit" and "WoW is Dying/Dead" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead