Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    As the title says, if your a casual, what do you do in wow right now?

If you dont do endgame content like m+, Raid or Rated PVP, what do you do each time your logged in?
    I take a break between each major content patch because there's nothing keeping me there consistently for the price they want you to pay monthly and the amount of work I have to put in to actually enjoy the game. Luckily I have four tokens which will get me to the end of this expansion.

Logging in 5 level 60s every evening, just to do table missions.

Ember Court is still interesting but (fortunately?) heavily time gated so you won't finish that any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    Mostly mythic raid and push pvp rating think I can get cutting edge this tier and break 2k this season.
    hahaha casual right here folks

mythic + a few times a week, and cap pvp. I just got KSM which is much later than most but still proud, and hit 1770 in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    about 2 hours to clear the heroic raid and then 3-4 hours working on keystone master 1-2 hours herbing is a standard week for me

slighly higher when they release new content :P
    he asked casuals not hardcore playerbase like you though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Logging in 5 level 60s every evening, just to do table missions.
    dont you have mobile phone with app for that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    A casual wont be on mmo champ. The moment they spend time on a gaming forum, they are more invested than a casual would be.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Play other games

^ Yeah pretty much this

Farming some anima to upgrade Covenant stuff and buying transmog(soon done with my Necrolord Renown tmog) doing ember court on my mage, doing couple of rares every day for mount. I do LFR to get transmog from it, random bgs, some WQ's, doing some dungeon weekly, leveling some alts. I do have a lot less time than I have in the latest two expansions, which is why I think SL is perfect when it comes to power progression on your character seeing it takes max 2 hours, or a raid clear per week.

Unfortunately I don't think Torghast is that fun(relies on powers entirely) so I tend to do what the Covenant provides which is still a lot, overwhelming at start, but now seeing it is going to last the whole expansion I don't stress out with it. I am still friendly with Ven'ari on my main so I don't do the Maw either. But with 9.1 that will change when I actually see a reason to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    A casual wont be on mmo champ. The moment they spend time on a gaming forum, they are more invested than a casual would be.
    I'm not sure how accurate that still is. My wife is the epitome of casual and baddie. Yet, she visits the forums for whatever games she is playing (normally directed there by google search). and reads various posts. Normally she goes for help on something and sometimes reads threads with interesting titles. It might be more accurate to say a casual wouldn't respond to threads\questions.

Of course, maybe we have to work out better terms. I can be casual about something and still invested. As a casual I could be in a raiding guild, show up for raid at start time, and then quit whenever I get bored. I could do a couple of Mythic+ in the 5-8 range depending on how much effort I want to put in and then stop whenever the effort level exceeds what I consider fun.

I view casual as meaning with no sense of urgency and\or commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I quit SL and focused all my time on FFXIV since that game actually has a progression path for casual players through badge gear. I just run my random dungeons, raids and trials (one boss raids) to cap my currency for the week and slowly progress my character. It's very fun and relaxing and people are nice, if you want a progression path in SL as a casual you need to endure a lot of toxicity and people expect you to be the best player in the world, know every dungeon/raid inside out and also play a fotm spec otherwise they'll kick you.
    Yep, exactly this. My main job is currently fully decked out in 520 gear save for the ring that requires raiding of course. And once the next patch rolls around, I'll be able to have an average item level that is very nearly equivalent to a hardcore raider's, simply by capping Valor every week by running random queued dungeons. Did I mention the LFR (alliance raids) that is actually worth doing, with a queue that usually fills fast and very little toxicity?

To answer OP: while I couldn't find the motivation to even finish SL leveling, if I had hit cap I suspect I would be doing pretty much the same things I had been doing the last time I was seriously subbed in 8.2: dailies/world quests/emissaries/however they're called now, reputations, transmog/mount/pet collecting, achievements, running old raids, leveling alts to properly enjoy all the classes, specs and regions in the game.

Things I used to do: Mage Tower!, LFR in MoP when it actually gave worthwhile loot and Valor points, I was also a big fan of patch 3.3.3 and its LFD badges extravaganza. Those were the days.

These days I've pretty much retired from hardcore raiding at least for now. I do a 1 day 3 hour friends and family raid once a week, I do maybe 1 mythic + a week for the vault. I send out my mission table a few times a day, I do the calling that would expire that day. I maybe do my maw dailies, and then I pvp.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Each day I log in to do the conductor tier 1 boss on all four of my "mains," my pre-flight covenant representatives (two guardian druids, a blood DK and a BM monk), then the person currently pursuing an cosmetic anima goal (currently my Night fae druid, but I recently finished my venthyr druid's renown armor set) will clear the map of anima WQs. My true main-main is my venthyr druid, so if there's time after those undertakings, I'll have him complete the daily calling.

Weekly, everyone gets their renown quests in (or, for now, their gold and anima quests that once gave renown), the world boss, and my actual main will do the Ve'Nari weeklies.

That's pretty much it, give or take some weekly dungeons when they align with callings, or maybe the odd torghast run with friends.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-03-14 at 06:27 PM.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

Doing strange stuff like parsing combat log to time series database. Also moving my spells around to find a good keybind setup, which is a never ending chore.

If you dont do endgame content like m+, Raid or Rated PVP, what do you do each time your logged in?
    I don't feel like there is anything meaningful or engaging/exciting for me to do in SL currently (as I'm not a raider anymore or Mythics) so I don't bother logging on. Considering cancelling sub tbh which makes me sad.

There's nothing to do. The elitists through their content creators managed to make SL the most casual unfriendly expansion ever. You have like two weeks of character progression and then it just stops.

As a casual player, I unsubbed until the next content patch.

I enjoyed coming back to the game and never cared for anything else besides playing the AH. It was fun pre shadowlands and since the launch of shadowlands. Have made millions. Am sitting on so much gold that I've made over the last 2-3 months. The most I had back in the day was only around 300K which was back during MoP.

I wish I had come back during BFA as I would have been able to at least pick up the Brutosaur mount with the AH. So that's what I've been doing. However, unlocking the Crafter's Mark II is a pain which is locked behind Venari. The Maw is terrible and the rep earned is slow. Also I've found playing the AH harder since there is no real barrier to entry for professions. This brings more competition and people just crash the markets without any sense. Alchemy for example feels terrible. Most times herbs cost more than potions. You have to buy in literal thousands worth of herbs for it be worth doing it but that makes it even risky since the herb markets are so volatile. They can be as low as 25g/each to suddenly spiking to 70-150g/each on any given day depending on who resets the market. That along with the constant cancel scanning the AH has made it even more frustrating. Its burnt me out from the part of the game I've enjoyed. That literally works for every Shadowlands market. Too many AH cancel scanners where you ain't making money unless you camp the AH. I was spending a couple hours just to list, cancel and relist my auctions without actually playing my character to make gold. I've since decided to walk away from the game. I waited till Blizzcon to see what the future held and it doesn't seem fun. Its just more Maw dailies which we ain't going to get for another 6 months. Mythics+ feel terrible and unrewarding. Dailies and callings take forever. PVP is in a terrible state as a casual. The game just isn't fun anymore. Its just an artificial grind more than ever with more gated content than every before.

I just stuck long enough to make enough gold to cover all future games purchases or DLC from the battle.net store. I think I have enough to cover me for the next 4-5. years. I was only staying with WoW cause I was paying my sub with gold. I wouldn't pay it with realm money but right now even that's not worth doing.

I do LFR, Mount Hunt, solo old raids and fuck around on alts.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Progressing in mythic CN.