Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I always use my own keys, and it's so simple. This week has been the easiest in the whole expansion, getting high scored people carrying me every run, all because I am the key holder.

I don't get how you can't see why people don't invite you. When I form a group I just want to get it done with or get the item I want, not help other people get stuff. I want my dungeon done smooth, which is why I choose the highest item level/score. If you spend so much time on a game, id rather have the time be useful, minimizing the wiping on my 35th Sanguine Depths. Forming a group and getting a good comp with the best people is not a strange thing. And if 5 better shadow priests are queueing, why would I chose the lowest geared one? makes no sense. If I as a player won't bring the best dps or the meta class in a competitive game, I have to bring something else to the table, the key.

Also, think about it, would you even invite yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Player was not willing OR able to meet the community accepted standard. :
    "you must clear a +17 before you can join my +15 group"

that's the "accepted standard" that you toxic elitists use

Also I like how you think "you weren't invited therefor you must be bad, and that's why you weren't invited", nice victim blaming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    And now you know why people don't invite you to groups.
    "the run failed, therefor it was your fault"
    Yeah, it was my fault as a healer who didn't let anyone die the entire run, that's why we didn't meet the timer
    lmao

nice toxic elitism

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    You're going to run into your own set of elitists with unreasonably high expectations in TBC, just like what Classic has become.
    Except there's no ilvl or raider.io in TBC, so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Were you experiencing some kind of bug that prevented you forming your OWN group?
    Yes.. there is a bug that is preventing most people from forming their own group, it was introduced in vanilla and was made worse in patch 9.0.5.

Hope that helps.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

Also I like how you think "you weren't invited therefor you must be bad, and that's why you weren't invited", nice victim blaming.
    this "accepted standard" as people call it needs to be set alight until people understand this nothing will change. we need to set a new "community standard" we need to get rid of rio for that to work sadly.....

the best time for pugging was tbc/wrath as wither you were invited to something or not was your server rep....

Create your own group.

Done!

How hard a concept is this in our 3rd expansion with Mythic+ as a feature? Holy hell.

I don't think the complainers really understand the massive amount of players that apply to groups. You will never, or very rarely, be invited when there are hundreds of other players with better r.io or better ilvl, not even going into spec consideration. You are not special.

Make a group, and see for yourself. Seriously.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-03-15 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm iLvl 214 and just wanting to get the 10s achieve - not a chance, I've got stuck in the "low raider IO score -> no runs -> low raider IO score" loop.

Most I can get is 6s or 7s with my 750 score, and since 9.0.5 I can't even provide my own key for a 10.
    I dont believe you. So many groups doing 12s dont even have rio addon lol.
    Had you said "i just want 15's done" maybe it would be closer to the truth.

This whole thread is cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelTerenas View Post
    Hi all,

So I wanted to get something off my chest that has recently become a serious issue for me, making me wonder why I log on to this game anymore.

I am a decent player in a casual guild, only 9/10hc but I have a weird schedule with work or else I would be looking to raid mythic. I LOVE M+ dungeons, got 4k RIO back in BFA and had a blast.

However, recently I have been noticing I am getting less and less invites to M+ and I have spent the last Fri/Sat/Sun online spam applying to M+ groups in the hope to progress and start nailing +15's (1.2k RIO so this is the next stage for my progression).

However, after applying to probably nearly 200 M+ these last 3 days I have completely lost faith in this game. I have received 0 invites. ZERO. WTF!? Seriously wonder why I have wasted hours and hours and hours scrolling through these dungeons to go absolutely nowhere. Is this what this game has come to now? Just sit and stare at dungeons fill up in front of your eyes and just get P**SED off with it so much that you end up ALT+F4ing out for a few hours then come back and try again and again and again to finally realise that this is a joke.

Is this just me or what?? Like I have completely had enough of this. I am only applying for the next level of progression for my char (cleared all 14's and 2 15's already).... WTF do I do!?

Anybody else having this problem/anybody found a solution? ....

Cheers
    It is just you. Nobody would apply to 200 groups and not get the hint.
    Solution: make your own groups. It is so easy. You will find a stream of 215 ilvl ppl lis scrambling to join your group. Pick a tank, healer and two of the three meta. Make sure you have hero and you will fill in 5 mins flat.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I like how you think "you weren't invited therefor you must be bad, and that's why you weren't invited", nice victim blaming

- - - Updated - - -

"the run failed, therefor it was your fault"
    Yeah, it was my fault as a healer who didn't let anyone die the entire run, that's why we didn't meet the timer
    lmao

nice toxic elitism

- - - Updated - - -

Except there's no ilvl or raider.io in TBC, so, no.
    The groups in bc are tank, not druid healer, mage rogue and warlock. Sometimes it's hunter in the last spot. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I dont believe you.
    Your belief or otherwise is irrelevant to reality - reality exists independent of your beliefs.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I play multiple classes and so far I never had a huge problem to join PUG groups. My highest RIO score is 860ish on DK so not too high. Still I can get invites to groups doing higher keys. 15 isn't my level yet but I'm working on it and did some 14s (timed and not). I tried to do last 2 10-11 for achievement - SD and MotS. Did SD 10 first on my ally retarding with rio around 740. Then I tried same thing on my horde hunter with rio slightly above 400 and 207 or 209 ilvl at that time. I had to apply to many groups but I eventually did both SD and MotS 11s. Plus 3 not timed/failed 10s MotS. Finished 2 of those - with one we were barely 6 seconds over time but still. Failed one was because on 2nd boss healer couldn't run from fox, got iceblocked and emo quit. Fox spawned beside him. i'm altoholic so I can't even have 1 strong char but still I can get decent loot from vault and can climb up on multiple chars. And that's why I tried to do last 2 missing 10s on alts - to gear those up too.

My recipe to get invites is to not look only for high rio key owners. Help people get their higher keys and don't look only for groups with only 1 missing DPS slot and high RIO key owners. Don't leave group if there is no chance to do it within time limit if there is resonable chance to finish run anyway. Build your "bio". Make friends, don't be drama queen and even with PUGs you can do higher keys. I have friends who are willing to deplete keys just to help others gear up and they are building "player base" for future runs. Just don't expect invites only because your rio and ilvl is high enough. People who did with you depleted runs and seen you cool as cucumber are more likely to do higher runs in the future. Run lower keys with your guildies alts and they will help you too on your main. If your target is 15s and above use your own key to finish run. Even if it's not timed on RIO it will be shown as finished run and if time isn't too bad that's another thing working for you. Give person making choice argument to pick you up. Nothing is guaranteed per se. We must climb up the ladder and work on future runs doing lower keys and sometimes doing runs which are pointless from our rio and ilvl POV. That's how PUGs works. In LFG we are drop in the ocean. You can count to be lucky and be invited or you can work to show there is reason to invite you. And sometimes you must risk with people trying to do their first run at that key level. Once you break circle of "he didn't it" you will see more and more invites. It's likle that at other levels too. Especially at 10s because there aren't too many groups and you got full arsenal of affixes. Plus there is another thing like how many timed runs you did at that level. If you have single digit count of timed 10-14s you aren't looking good enough.

Another advice is to make char which will more likely got inv and build higher rio on it and then try to do some runs on spriest. Main rio count's too. Not like it's guaranteed pass but it is still valid reason for some key owners to inv you or not.

Another advice, but that's depending on what time you can play, it to try at hours other than peak time. Not as many groups but less competition.

But still best solution is what so many wrote before - use your guild as lever to do M+. You will have more fun, you will have more stable base to do M+ runs and you will save a lot of time and keep your blood pressure at safe levels.

I really dont have a big problem getting invites to 15-16, its usually pretty easy actually. You need to apply grps with lik 1-2 ppl, otherwise you are just one out of like 1 million dpsers trying to get inv. And im at 1443 io score. And done +16 for everyone except NW +15 and Mists +17.

And im a spriest.

And one more thing. Check on Discord some communities. It can help too.

10+ Year Old Account
    One crucial aspect people seem to be missing. No one is running 15's unless they're looking for KSM.
    14's give the same GV loot as a 15, and are easier.

You're not getting into 15's because everyone pugging 15's has their KSM on the line. They're going to be extremely picky about who they choose to bring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

know whats great ? r.io is that fucked up half assed shit, that they do not regocnize my char. everything is up2date in the wow armory, but r.io can not find my char when clicking „update now“. so i speced my resto druid to heal and was invited in every fukin grp instantly, because nobody can find my char and i am heal.

at least this was what i did before stop playing that crap shit wow became, after my 15 years of uninterrupted subscription. i am not a fan of r.io and the „modern“ game design and community. as long as Blizz still supports all that shit by their design descisions, as long i am not paying for that crap anymore. but thats just me.

@Topic: brave new world, ey ?!?

It seems like +15 is the threshold where elitsts decided that you must be 1500+ io or no invite.
    50+ ppl apply to a group. Leader picks the one who looks the strongest and fills out their comp. WHAT AN ELITIST FOR NOT PICKING ME!

OP what the game needs is more groups, not more ppl applying. Start your own group, and see how insanely ez it is to do keys. I bet you pick the strongest looking players who add something important to your comp too.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2021-03-15 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The groups in bc are tank, not druid healer, mage rogue and warlock. Sometimes it's hunter in the last spot. Enjoy.
    Huh. Guess I was just hallucinating all those times I did BC heroics on my resto druid, shadow priest and ele shaman.

Thanks for making it clear you've never actually played TBC. And before you even move the goalposts to "buh buh buht it WILL be like that in Classic TBC!!!", no, it won't. You don't need to sweaty-tryhard BC heroics. They're equivalent to maybe +6 or +7 Mythics. 5man pugs were not comp-stacking in Classic, so I don't see any reason why they would be comp-stacking in Classic TBC.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-03-15 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wtf do you do?
    You create your own groups....
    Just fking try it... Once... And you'll see how insanely many people sign for any +14 and above keys... We're not talking a couple dps... We're talking 20-30 dps signing within minutes....
    And if you play some shit spec, why would anyone pick you over someone with better gear, better class and highe rio?

If you want to pug 15s? Well, then you need to complete a +17 of the same dungeon by yourself... Thats the pug rules, specially true if you are not tank, healer or meta.... How can you not know this with 4k rio in bfa?
    alternatively: this
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-15 at 02:07 AM.

There are many aspects of the current M+ envorinment that contributes to this issue of "meta class gets inv, non-meta gets no inv" mentality.

Firstly, let's look at dungeon design:
    - SL dungeons are much more linear in design than what we had in previous expansion. This means that there is mostly only one optiomal way to tackle anything regardless of team comp while this could vary in a select few dungeons at least in the past.
    This means that the only way to speed up the dungeon is to pull multiple packs together that were probably not intended to be pulled together.
    Mob scaling in M+ is also much more steep than it was earlier this means that the tank has to start kiting basically 5 to 10 seconds into the fight as well in order to just stay alive.
    The combination of these effects mean that the most efficient form to deal with these packs is to burst them down as fast as possible so the tank can survive.
    Hence why we have MM hunters and Fire mages and Convoke Boomkins and the like at the top.

- Prideful is also an affix that promotes burst. The shorter the fight with the Pride is, the less damage you take and the faster you can move on.
    The buff it gives is also on a short timer so classes that can use the most seconds of it are considered better.
    Also, since this is an affix based on trash % it would spawn in the middle of a huge trash pack as you basically must pull multiple packs together to make the timer in higher keys.
    This means that the only way to work around this is, yes you guessed it, to burst the whole pack down at the same time as fast as possible.

Many specs can keep up with the damage of the current big meta specs over a period of time but this is thing: over a period of time.
    Ramp time is not accepted. You have to do as much damage as possible in as little time as possible. Once those AoE stuns run out the tank is dead so the mobs need to be dead sooner. Rinse and repeat.

Then there are the extra utility tools like class buffs, BL, CR, shroud ect.
    Rogues are not even that needed for shroud anymore. In BfA up until S4 a rogue was like a fix spot in M+ because BfA dungeons usually had one or two very hard pulls that you wanted to skip and then you were good.
    In Shadowlands every pull is so damn important that people would rather ditch the rogue for someone with even bigger burst and invis pots.

You might not think that a 5 second ramp up time is a big deal but your tank does.
    So he will prefer to go with classes that make him kite and suffer less over the 30-40 minutes of constant struggle.

Do note that this does not mean that a fully off-meta group wouldn't be able to do 15+ dungeons.
    This is simply the way PuG groups adapted to the hardship of M+ in SL.
    Unfortunately it is very easy to feel the difference between specs at the moment in M+.
    Last edited by Garymorilix; 2021-03-15 at 02:01 AM.

Huh. Guess I was just hallucinating all those times I did BC heroics on my resto druid, shadow priest and ele shaman.

Thanks for making it clear you've never actually played TBC. And before you even move the goalposts to "buh buh buht it WILL be like that in Classic TBC!!!", no, it won't. You don't need to sweaty-tryhard BC heroics. They're equivalent to maybe +6 or +7 Mythics. 5man pugs were not comp-stacking in Classic, so I don't see any reason why they would be comp-stacking in Classic TBC.
    cant remember myself on anything different either.

a)
    heroics wasnt THAT heavy (if you are not a complete idiot). its just a bit CC sometimes. as you said: maybe like +6 or +7

b)
    nobody ever did „meta“ in TBC. you run dungeons by what is looking fine gearwise and what is available. ele shaman did horrible amount of AoE in TBC while hunters are more ST and mages sucked a bit in the early days (before T6 or so). but everyone of them was great for dungeons and capable. nobody in TBC was like „oh no, no ferals“ or some shit.

so, like you said: no glue what this guy is talkin about ???

maybe a look at http://legacyplayers.com helps

After reading m+ threads that are just necros of previous xpacs m+ threads I have concluded that most of these posts explaining why certain classes get invited and other don't is that "people explaining shitty behavior" meme.

People practice prejudice every day and in WoW there is little to no consequence for that. Website shows chart with easily readable names of classes/spec in order of power for m+. That is all the information that will be used by the majority of lazy players making groups.

Stop pretending everyone did deep dive math and put serious thought into "lol i'm not inviting that class, garbage right now."

Donkey level bullcrap, sick of it.