Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Huh. Guess I was just hallucinating all those times I did BC heroics on my resto druid, shadow priest and ele shaman.

Thanks for making it clear you've never actually played TBC. And before you even move the goalposts to "buh buh buht it WILL be like that in Classic TBC!!!", no, it won't. You don't need to sweaty-tryhard BC heroics. They're equivalent to maybe +6 or +7 Mythics. 5man pugs were not comp-stacking in Classic, so I don't see any reason why they would be comp-stacking in Classic TBC.
    I'm comparing the hyperbole "only meta gets to do mythic +" with what happened in BC. The meta was as I described. The mage and rogue are the most reliable cc with locks being good for demons, in a demon expansion. Hunters could trap more.but were.less reliable. Druids were hated because of CD in rez. Look who didn't play BC now? Now if it's true you can't find a group in retail because of the meta it's also true you couldn't find a group in TBC if you weren't the meta. People's attitudes to wanting to clear content with pugs to be as smooth as possible hasn't changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelTerenas View Post
    Hi all,

So I wanted to get something off my chest that has recently become a serious issue for me, making me wonder why I log on to this game anymore.

I am a decent player in a casual guild, only 9/10hc but I have a weird schedule with work or else I would be looking to raid mythic. I LOVE M+ dungeons, got 4k RIO back in BFA and had a blast.

However, recently I have been noticing I am getting less and less invites to M+ and I have spent the last Fri/Sat/Sun online spam applying to M+ groups in the hope to progress and start nailing +15's (1.2k RIO so this is the next stage for my progression).

However, after applying to probably nearly 200 M+ these last 3 days I have completely lost faith in this game. I have received 0 invites. ZERO. WTF!? Seriously wonder why I have wasted hours and hours and hours scrolling through these dungeons to go absolutely nowhere. Is this what this game has come to now? Just sit and stare at dungeons fill up in front of your eyes and just get P**SED off with it so much that you end up ALT+F4ing out for a few hours then come back and try again and again and again to finally realise that this is a joke.

Is this just me or what?? Like I have completely had enough of this. I am only applying for the next level of progression for my char (cleared all 14's and 2 15's already).... WTF do I do!?

Anybody else having this problem/anybody found a solution? ....

Cheers
    This made me laugh, you got "4k in bfa" " " < - important
    Yet SOMEHOW you're surprised at low invites when you're not playing a meta class? Have you ever made a group? you're telling me you got to 4k without ever making a group by yourself or with someone else?
    You're telling me in BFA when you were in a Mythic+ and the leader said "Should I get this 4k Arms warrior, or this 3k rogue" you didn't say "GET THE ROGUE DURR WARS ARE POO"?
    Welcome to the other side of the road. 30+ dps sign up for keys, why the fuck would they invite you over a mage,boomkin,rogue,hunter,monk? If you can explain why, you're in denial. There's 3 spots, 2 will ALWAYS go to a mage and druid. They will wait for those 2 classes to sign up and they will cause there's a lot of them. That leaves 1 spot, why would they bring a shadow priest? if you're a healer, then once more you're competing for 1 spot, that enough should explain it to you.

LESS QQ MORE UNSUB

^ Toxic meta gaming explained.

Also love the standard human brain "lol get wrecked, now you know how it feels." Maybe he deserves it, but it doesn't help the rest of the players that do not deserve this attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post

Nothing is wrong with the grouping system and blizzard can't do anything about how players choose to pug.
    If I'm a developer and a significant number of my players quit because they can't find anything to do, that's a big problem I should want to solve. Just taking the nihilistic approach of "there's nothing we can do!" is a terrible business perspective.

I am not making any specific commentary about io or how players use it or anything. Just saying, put on your developer shoes for a second. Allowing people to just get bored and frustrated and quit seems pretty bad!

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    ones in similar situation to my own (multiple +14 clears, ilvl over 210, etc) but every single time, we failed the timer for one reason or another.
    You just proved the point as to why you don't take people in your situation.

This esport garbage m+ needs to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Archange : dude, you need to find some better friends.
    (assuming you're talking about your social circle here rather than expecting strangers to play the game you want them to)

I read 200 applications.
    Just like that guy that told me, no drops after 30 runs.
    I checked his stats in armory he had 6 kills.

I love how people say 'Making your own group isn't an answer because there are no tanks or healers' and then want an invite to a group where magically tanks and healers pop into existence simply because they didn't make the group.

That or they want invites to groups that already have a tank and healer and 5000dps are all applying at once and they think that the leader taking in the best geared/rio player is somehow toxic and they should be forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

At the moment 15 and 16 pugging is filled with 223 plus ilvl high raider io score players farming their valor and 210 items. Why would you take a low geared priest when you can get a highly geared boosters who run your key to plus 2? Alot of peeps got ksm this way this week just by having their own key.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Your belief or otherwise is irrelevant to reality - reality exists independent of your beliefs.
    Then maybe has it occurred to you that your rio reflects your ability to play this game?
    Maybe you're not meant to play more than 6-7's? Like, maybe you're actually "stuck" for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    I love how people say 'Making your own group isn't an answer because there are no tanks or healers' and then want an invite to a group where magically tanks and healers pop into existence simply because they didn't make the group.

That or they want invites to groups that already have a tank and healer and 5000dps are all applying at once and they think that the leader taking in the best geared/rio player is somehow toxic and they should be forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
    I realy think there is a good point to this post.

OP, I can fully understand your frustration. So I urge you to be the change that you want to see in community. Get into a guild and find some tanks and healers and make some M+ groups where you don't get the players with the best RIO score. If it's not an issue for you to clear a timed 15 then I'm sure you'll inspire others to do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    And that's why those people don't usually get invited lmao. Thanks for proving the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is wrong with the grouping system and blizzard can't do anything about how players choose to pug.

- - - Updated - - -

I know for a fact you don't pull the same numbers a hunter in mythic+ lmao Unless they're trash.
    How do you hunt yourself?

"There is no problem! This rampant elitism and toxicity in m+ pugging is fine! Just make your own groups, lol!"

-Signed, way too many clowns on this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    This made me laugh, you got "4k in bfa" " " < - important
    Yet SOMEHOW you're surprised at low invites when you're not playing a meta class? Have you ever made a group? you're telling me you got to 4k without ever making a group by yourself or with someone else?
    You're telling me in BFA when you were in a Mythic+ and the leader said "Should I get this 4k Arms warrior, or this 3k rogue" you didn't say "GET THE ROGUE DURR WARS ARE POO"?
    Welcome to the other side of the road. 30+ dps sign up for keys, why the fuck would they invite you over a mage,boomkin,rogue,hunter,monk? If you can explain why, you're in denial. There's 3 spots, 2 will ALWAYS go to a mage and druid. They will wait for those 2 classes to sign up and they will cause there's a lot of them. That leaves 1 spot, why would they bring a shadow priest? if you're a healer, then once more you're competing for 1 spot, that enough should explain it to you.

LESS QQ MORE UNSUB
    And you don't think that this state of affairs is a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    OP what the game needs is more groups, not more ppl applying. Start your own group, and see how insanely ez it is to do keys. I bet you pick the strongest looking players who add something important to your comp too.
    Dude the only thing you see is how insanely ez it is to wait ages for a tank or healer or both to apply.

You dudes really deserve to be forced to play one hour a day for the next two months and with the restriction to use pug only, maybe so you’ll get a rough idea on how “real” life goes for ppl who wanna push keys outside the meta and cannot afford to play 5 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Dude the only thing you see is how insanely ez it is to wait ages for a tank or healer or both to apply.

You dudes really deserve to be forced to play one hour a day for the next two months and with the restriction to use pug only, maybe so you’ll get a rough idea on how “real” life goes for ppl who wanna push keys outside the meta and cannot afford to play 5 hours a day.
    Casual here, doing a 4 to 5 hours session of wow per week, twice per week if im lucky with schedule at work. Have 2 kids so babysitter matters also. Put together my own group outside the game, organizing it by phone/messenger etc. Routes and tactics and so on also. Wasnt even that difficult to find players who speak same language and have same area of skills. Only problem was last dps cause i wanted a specific buff/bl. Not meta comp or highly skilled group but we are doing fine in 15 to 17 range atm and looking to increase our ilvl and since we discovered that you can use venari to increase conduit ilvl, in few weeks we should have em at 216 also which is nice. So based on my experience, you all just qq and cant be bothered to help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    If you want to pug 15s? Well, then you need to complete a +17 of the same dungeon by yourself... Thats the pug rules, specially true if you are not tank, healer or meta.... How can you not know this with 4k rio in bfa?
    Maybe because if you high score you would not notice the need to have it because you'd get invites :P Like being rich, you'd not notice how buying food can be a struggle for those with low income. It's not because you're stupid, ignorant or arrogant, it's because you havn't encountered the problem at all and don't realise it's there, right in front of you.

OP:
    Sadly, the "what to do" is to join a group with people to play with on a daily basis or form your own groups. Good luck.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Solution 1. Start your own keys, and within a few seconds the reason you are being declined should become pretty apparent. (how do you not know this if you had 4k rio in bfa?).

You will observe that hundreds of dps signs up instantly, dps that have 10 more ilvl and 500 more score than what is required. Obviously no groupleader who doesnt want to do some charity will pick the +14 guy when there's meta classes that has done all 20x+ on time and with 10 higher ilvl available.

Just like when theres a depression going irl on any job looking to hire will be swarmed with very overqualified people and the youngsters doesnt stand a chance.

Solution 2. Join a guild and play with them.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well you can't really compare M0 (now) with TBC heroics, because that's the highest tier of dungeon progression you can get there, while that was only the case for M0 before the season began (which was a very enjoyable time for me personally). My point is that I like dungeons and I do like to get challenged; I am just not a fan of that whole speedrunning/competitive aspect of M+. I would want to see more challenging dungeon content like we had with Mechagon and the karazhan revamp (I did like the speedrunning part for the mount as optional content though, but not as a whole system).
    “The highest tier” is relative. Mythic raiding is only the highest tier of raiding because Legendary raiding doesn’t exist.

In terms of actual challenge, TBC heroics is corresponding to Shadowlands m0. And that wont change by the fact that there are more difficult levels in Shadowlands. So it seems to me that you’re simply dissatisfied that other players are able to progress to a level where you cannot follow. You don’t want other players to be “ahead of you”.

If m0 is most enjoyable for you (like the beginning of the season) then why don’t you just keep doing m0? You don’t have to progress just because other players do. Don’t be dictated by the meta.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2021-03-15 at 09:09 AM.

Don't see the point with these "Classic is much better than retail" comparissons. It's 2 completely different games. Retail has focus on new and more advanced mechanics and challenges, where as vanilla and tbc are nostalgia trips with raid and dungeon content that is trivial by 2021 standards (the average player ability in 2021 is miles above what it was in 2006/7). And like the previous poster said, the fact that retail has content with much higher difficulty doesn't mean you have to do that. It just makes it seem that you want bis gear with little to no effort.