Exclamation PSA: Venthyr renown staff sheathes upside down

Just bought the venthyr renown item "gilded sentry stave" (I'm a druid and eeny-meeny-miney-moe'd between the two seemingly identical staves) and I regret to report that, 3500 anima and 50 grateful offerings later, this topheavy "blatant spellcaster staff" with an "anima well" of sorts on the end sheathed upside down on the back like a polearm (and don't get me started on that whole sheathing appearance!). The immediate buyback works in copper, so buyer beware. I've submitted a ticket because no one in their right mind has ever asked for that sheathing setting, and especially not with such a topheavy STAFF, that is clearly a STAFF and doesn't even have any stats on it to tell me it might be a polearmy (it's a word now) staff that might sheathe upside down!

So yeah, buyer beware. In my ticket I requested a refund or at least an exchange if the other staff is somehow "an intellect staff replica" or something that sits properly.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-03-16 at 10:46 PM.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Just bought the venthyr renown item "gilded sentry stave" (I'm a druid and eeny-meeny-miney-moe'd between the two seemingly identical staves) and I regret to report that, 3500 anima and 50 grateful offerings later, this topheavy "blatant spellcaster staff" with an "anima well" of sorts on the end sheathed upside down on the back like a polearm (and don't get me started on that whole sheathing appearance!). The immediate buyback works in copper, so buyer beware. I've submitted a ticket because no one in their right mind has ever asked for that sheathing setting, and especially not with such a topheavy STAFF, that is clearly a STAFF and doesn't even have any stats on it to tell me it might be a polearmy (it's a word now) staff that might sheathe upside down!

So yeah, buyer beware. In my ticket I requested a refund or at least an exchange if the other staff is somehow "an intellect staff replica" or something that sits properly.
    That has to be a mistake. Blizzard are probably to lazy to fix it.

If you look at it here, it is definitely sheathed the correct way... https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=304453/venthyrpriest

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That has to be a mistake. Blizzard are probably to lazy to fix it.

If you look at it here, it is definitely sheathed the correct way... https://www.wowhead.com/outfit=304453/venthyrpriest
    The thing here is, there are two staves. One is the agi staff (or the replica of the agi staff, no stats on these items) and, on WoWhead, is flagged to be available to all the applicable agility classes that can use staves, so yes it's roped in with polearms. So I guess that's why it sheathes like one.

The other one is an intellect staff. They are literally identical except for how they sheathe.

As an update, My ticket came back with the policy of game masters being unable to refund or exchange.

So yeah, spend that un-refundable anima carefully!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-03-17 at 06:38 PM.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!