Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Was gonna make a joke about what he was fed up with, but deleted and felt in bad taste for the 8 people he murdered. disgusting racist trump trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No, no. You are not alone. At least 100 other maladjusted and mentally ill Americans have had such a bad day they decided to go on a murder spree. So take heart, in your FREEDOM.
    One day, I too can grow up and live the American dream of having a "really bad day" and going on a bigoted murderous rampage while racist cops defend me. I'll be a real American Man(tm) then, it's a dream to aspire to.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    As far as I remember, the closest they got to a gun in that show was a car backfiring lol Their bad days were nothing!
    Yeah, from my understanding... if you had a bad day, a month or even a year... just go play in a fountain... not shoot people.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Certainly nothing wrong with the state of gun laws in the US, though. No, sir!
    If only we could do something, but alas all we have to offer are Thoughts And Prayers(tm).

Maybe with enough Thoughts and Prayers(TM), change can magically occur!
    Anything can happen, you just have to want it hard enough and do literally nothing beyond that. Just want it really, really, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Well now I'm certain. New ownership has broken the Onion.

In a just world, morning talk shows would be interviewing the other victims. But we'll probably see the killer's mother sobbing on Megan McCain's shoulder.
    It's not new ownership of the Onion.

It's that The Onion is basically obsolete now that reality has become so insane that satire can no longer exist as it would be unrealistically too sane

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's that The Onion is basically obsolete now that reality has become so insane that satire can no longer exist as it would be unrealistically too sane
    Man, I watched the Southpark episode on vaccines/Q stuff yesterday. I haven't watched that in a long time and like...it kinda sucked. Because the entire Q narrative wasn't satire, they just literally repeated what those folks actually believe. You can satirize this kind of absolute insanity, because Poe's Law kicks in and it's impossible to differentiate satire from sincerity.

Like, how do you satirize people who think that the nebulous and undefined "elites" legitimately kidnap and torture children for adrenochrome or whatever? People who take a word, count the letters, translate them into 10 different languages, compare them to ancient symbols, and come out with a translation of "Fake News" as "This clearly is a coded message telling us that 5G towers are causing covid."

The Onion has been depressingly real for too long now, and I hate it.

In a Facebook post (of course FB) the Sheriff posted this below with: "Love my shirt," Baker wrote. "Get yours while they last.'"

The shirt says; "Covid 19 IMPORTED VIRUS FROM CHY-NA." Yunno, how Trump would pronounce China every time mentioning the CoronaVirus.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    The shirt says; "Covid 19 IMPORTED VIRUS FROM CHY-NA." Yunno, how Trump would pronounce China every time mentioning the CoronaVirus.
    I imagine he understands what it must feel like to just hate people so much that you'd go on a killing spree because you had a really bad day.

I mean, most of us just like, eat ice cream or pet a dog or binge watch garbage TV or cry on our beds or drink away our problems or the multitude of other options we have that don't involve going on a murderous rampage. But we just lack the ability to empathize with mass-murderers like this cat does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    One day, I too can grow up and live the American dream of having a "really bad day" and going on a bigoted murderous rampage while racist cops defend me. I'll be a real American Man(tm) then, it's a dream to aspire to.

/s
    Maybe his blood sugar was off, or it would've been a regular murderous rampage without the bigotry.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Maybe his blood sugar was off, or it would've been a regular murderous rampage without the bigotry.
    You joke, but some highshool sports announcer that made a bunch of racist comments about the girls, including Black girls, kneeling during the Anthem before a basketball game honest-to-god used that.

His spiking blood sugar made him say racist things.

10+ Year Old Account
    You joke, but some highshool sports announcer that made a bunch of racist comments about the girls, including Black girls, kneeling during the Anthem before a basketball game honest-to-god used that.

His spiking blood sugar made him say racist things.
    That was the joke...
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That was the joke...
    Modern times make it difficult to know : /

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    While we're talking Onion takes on it...

https://www.theonion.com/atlanta-pol...ath-1846497384

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Again: because of a cultural stereotype of Asian salon workers as submissive and willing to provide sex work on the side. You not seeing how a cultural context of bigotry against Asian-Americans motivates crimes like this doesn't mean the crime wasn't racially motivated, it just means you know fuck all about cultural context. Lol.
    They actually were prostitution spas. Check out the written reviews. https://www.google.com/search?q=gold...bf71f35d4e2b,1,,,

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    They actually were prostitution spas. Check out the written reviews. https://www.google.com/search?q=gold...bf71f35d4e2b,1,,,
    How does that make it any less racially motivated, assuming that's even true based on "internet reviews", which are totes a bastion of truth and I assume valid evidence to present in court cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Moriati View Post
    shooter looked just about as i suspected.
    So you’re predujiced is what you’re saying

10+ Year Old Account
    How does that make it any less racially motivated, assuming that's even true based on "internet reviews", which are totes a bastion of truth and I assume valid evidence to present in court cases.
    You can compound it with the other evidence that it wasn't racially motivated and draw your own conclusions.

1. he didn't exclusively kill asians
    2. the summation of his police interrogation: he's a sex addict that frequented these locations and thought doing this would break his addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, and also it doesn't answer the question of why he picked 'prostitution salons' versus one of the shitsquillion strip clubs or adult video stores in Atlanta. Or why American media seems to have such a hard time reporting witnesses when Korean news is pretty open with the witness testimony quoting the shooter as saying "I'm going to kill all Asians."

- - - Updated - - -

he's a sex addict
    There's no such thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You can compound it with the other evidence that it wasn't racially motivated and draw your own conclusions.

1. he didn't exclusively kill asians
    2. the summation of his police interrogation: he's a sex addict that frequented these locations and thought doing this would break his addiction.
    Do you think he was going and lurking a bunch of Google reviews? Why would he be lurking them for these places to begin with? Why didn't he hit up any strip clubs, I'm sure plenty of them have similar reviews on Google.

This seems like some low effort stanning for a fuckin mass murderer.

Do you know who else is a sex addict? Tiger fuckin Woods. I don't recall that one time he went on a shooting spree at salons and shit. He just banged a lot of ladies. Anthony Weiner? Naw, he just sexted some 16 year old or something gross. No mass murder there, either.

Or are we just taking mass-murderers words at face value and totes believing them because they just had a really bad day?