Thread: Dear Blizzard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They listen to them but in a way that also makes them pissed. Blizzard is a monkey paw of "listening to the community".
    +10 for monkey paw reference.

Well 10/10 for passion, I hope it gets a glance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This is a cute thread, but why are you writing this here? I mean, this is just a small fan-forum, Blizzard doesn't read it. This thread would be more effective on the Official forums, or on the Official Reddit, or on the Official Discord server.
    its there too, just buried

Dear activision please sell Wow back to blizzard employees

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

never listen to 3rd party forums and twitch communities because they never know what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Dear blizzard.
    Please add raid loot to blizz store, So we don’t go 10+ Weeks without weapon.
    I just can’t seem to figure out why wow is so dead today lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    dear blizz

dont make anymore new classes you have shown to be incapable of class balance
    Dear Blizz, 75% of the population doesn't care about class balance and expansions without any races or classes are essentially DOA.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Stop listening to whiners.. Make the game YOU want.

Also Dark Rangers when?
    Yea, we should not listen to those pesky whiners and troubleshooters
    But the real question here is we needed Dark rangers now in shadowlands.. remember in Legion you said fight fire with fire and we got demon hunters.
    Why was this tactic not used in Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    I just can’t seem to figure out why wow is so dead today lol.
    What part of it is dead?

I never really have any problems getting into the M+ groups.

Also you can scrap that idea from your Quote, i just had 2 weeks with back to back 1h ilvl 226 weapons from vault
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2021-04-14 at 08:59 PM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    What part of it is dead?

I never really have any problems getting into the M+ groups.

Also you can scrap that idea from your Quote, i just had 2 weeks with back to back 1h ilvl 226 weapons from vault
    Tis but a silly, friend.

Dear Blizzard:

make survival a tank spec, ty

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Stop listening to whiners.. Make the game YOU want.

Also Dark Rangers when?
    Who is the "YOU" that you are referring to?

Bobby Kotick?
    Ion?
    Activision CFO?
    Shareholders?

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Who is the "YOU" that you are referring to?

Bobby Kotick?
    Ion?
    Activision CFO?
    Shareholders?
    Developers...granted it is more complex than that due to the size of the company. I do feel WoW is having some identity crisis for quite some time, even back in the day, with it trying to appeal to everyone constantly, which tends to leave no side really satisfied. You see that easily by looking at the different communities and groups within in the game. Raiders complain about m+ and pvp, m+ complaining about pvp and raiding, casuals complain about top tier raiding and m+ and pvp, top tier complains about casuals etc etc.

Whatever the developers do at this point it'll piss of some or multiple groups while almost pleasing 1 or at best 2. Then again, going by my statement, why should they listen to me, right? If this is what the developers want to do or the higher ups and what not, it's what they want to do. I just feel in general it's better for games to have a clear focus and the people who enjoy it plays it, while people who don't just leave and find another game rather than trying to constantly change the game to please a broader audience.

This of course becomes a question about the good of the game and it's community compared to profits since attracting a broader audience while they might not be fully satisfied arguably brings in more money in the long run. So my statement is more of how I see what's good for the game and it's community rather than profits.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Dear Blizzard, can I have a movie in only CGi made by you cus your cinamatics are better than most movies!

Dear OP,

Post on the right forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Casual players often play the game longer than hardcore ones, who are pretty much raid logging and nothing else. This whole "casual players want an 850 ilvl set in the mail" meme is so stupid that it hurts to read.

More on topic - Dear Blizzard:

Make soul ash obtainable everywhere in SL, and put xmogs/mounts/toys as rewards for running that otherwise terrible piece of content that is Torghast.
    lol that's a flat out lie that's been told since they said there were fewer people who raided. Top end players bring more revenue that's actually provable. Casuals(more likely people who play 12 hours a day in your book) burn out and unsub just like anyone else meanwhile top end players have accounts upon accounts which dwarf what casuals do. But hey keep spreading that "casuals pay for the raids that hardcore players do" lie.

Quote Originally Posted by mytheiya View Post
    Dear Blizzard, can I have a movie in only CGi made by you cus your cinamatics are better than most movies!
    You must not watch many/any movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Blizzard,

If you're so intent on being part of the esports scene, develop a new game for it and stop ruining your existing games.

Best regards,

- Me
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Dear Blizzard,

If you're so intent on being part of the esports scene, develop a new game for it and stop ruining your existing games.

Best regards,

- Me
    Yeah, cos Hots worked out REALLY well for them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    lol that's a flat out lie that's been told since they said there were fewer people who raided. Top end players bring more revenue that's actually provable . Casuals(more likely people who play 12 hours a day in your book) burn out and unsub just like anyone else meanwhile top end players have accounts upon accounts which dwarf what casuals do. But hey keep spreading that "casuals pay for the raids that hardcore players do" lie.
    K. Let's see those hard proofs then.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Can us casuals have a gameplay loop where we progress our gear over a long period of time?
    Capping out at ~200 iLvl early on and then being stuck there gives us only one option, to unsub until next patch.
    Give us badge gear or something do we have something to work towards.

Dear Blizzard and Ion,
    Please find enclosed a very well thought out and reasonable desire. The poster of the aforementioned sentiment should receive 2 slices of epic pie and low lag when he kills the world boss each week.
    Thanking you in advance,
    A Subscriber with 4 accounts

Accessory slots for transmog.

Hi, Blizzard, I'm an older wc and wow player and thought I'd request and suggest you consider implementing some features. I'll be making a few posts regarding my most heartfelt thoughts, so keep an eye out for me and my posts. My ideas and big wishes come from having played for many years, and seeing what I think people might really enjoy, and what I think could replenish and expand a lot of love for/in the game. From my experiences having played since the beginning and loving the game.

I tend to make suggestions when I think the game, us players, and you as a company can all benefit from them. While I love the game and it's characters, lore, gameplay, style, art, music, etc, I do think there are some things that would make me, as an older player, more excited and wanting to log on, and so my suggestions are all in the realm of our characters, races, their cultures, and visuals regarding cosmetics, customization, spell and ability graphics, etc, that I think would provide an excitement and love and a want/urge to log in more than people already do.

We have a connection to our characters, we want our characters to look and feel certain ways, reflecting their personality, profession, culture, fantasy, etc. The reason we play an mmo over other games out there is because your game and mmo's provide one thing no other game does - attachment to our character, long term, a journey, a single character whom we spend a lot of time with and as. That means by default you have something unique going for you, and I feel like you could be taking advantage of this reality, and I think we players and the game as a whole can benefit from my ideas because they infuse and replenish and invigorate our attachment to our characters, allow us to become more deeply connected or simply have more fun with them and their roles in the worlds: class, profession, race/culture, fantasy, etc. I want to log on more, and I surely would if these ideas were in game. Give my reads a chance, thanks!

Some of these ideas may even make people, newer, older, returning, leaving, etc, want to continue their experiences wow and with their characters. There's been lots of blizzcons and reveals since wow's start, and some of the most awesome inclusions have been new playable races, classes, landscapes, etc. There aren't as many enticements for me as before. I look forward to blizzcons and additions to the game through patches and so on, and as awesome and thrilling as some reveals have been for me such as long-loved and awaited pandaren, pandaria and monks, the super cool artifact weapons/appearances, northrend, new customization, even your class-accessory concept form years ago, pet battles, etc, I think you could be fulfilling an area that's lacking, an area that shouldn't be ignored because it's the one area that sets you as an mmo apart from all other games - our long-term bond with our characters and their aesthetics.

I want to log on not just for story and fun, but also to enhance my character, visually. To make him and my characters more complete version of who they are. But there's surprisingly not many options to do this. I remedy that by offering suggestions here and in a few other posts I'll be making with this same intro. The goal is to make blizzcons shock and floor people like they used to. This is one small area that I think has great potential and appeal and long-term enjoyability and longevity. I know I would be excited if I saw this feature revealed at blizzcon and added to the game. Thank you!

I'm older but this is something the game and us players need and something you are in a position to offer. Something that would grab my attention from a blizzcon and make me AS excited to log on as I used to be, something that if revealed at blizzcon and trickled in patches over the course of wow's future would make me giddy and more attached to the game than in a long while, a way to truly enrich my character through cosmetics, customization, spell and abilities visuals, etc. I would be over the moon if any of my ideas, suggestions, requests were revealed at blizzcon, and I'd want to play forever! Thanks for considering!

Onto my ideas.

With glasses, backpacks, quivers, hopefully-visible trinkets, idols, relics, librams, fetishes, class, race/culture, profession, fantasy-enriching items, etc, we could and should have cosmetic race, class, profession, fantasy, and/or universal accessory slots for cosmetics. They don't have stats, we collect and can (equip and/or) transmogrify them. A cosmetic-only slot opens up below or next to our main gear slot. Or there is a cosmetic-specific slots in the transmog menu.

For instance, let's say we have a cosmetic slot for head, back, waist, and wrist. Perfect! Each of these gear slots can have a side out or drop down slot, or, they can simply have their own dedicated slots in the transmogrification menu.

A drop down or slide out slot near your head slot, dedicated for equipping or transmogging head cosmetics such as glasses. A drop down cosmetic slot appears when transmogging your belt/waist and you can hitch/select from a range of waist-cosmetic items such as a potion bottle, a profession tool, a skull, a sack of gems, a coin purse, a scroll, etc. Same for our back, a cosmetic slot near the cloak/back gear slot, for backpacks, totems, satchels, wings, quivers, etc. and for wrists we could collet and craft bracelets and beads and charms and so on, and use the cosmetic slot to equip or transmog them.

Attaching items to our characters that visually enrich and give us a great closeness to our character and their role/fantasy. Perhaps an accessories category in transmog would be the best way to implement this. sometimes I just want to log on and spend time with my character, fixing him up and seeing how best I can make him, him. You have all these wonderful races, classes, cultures, professions, fantasies and it would so immersive and give more reason to play to be able to truly create my character with these ornaments, details, decorations, accessories, and belongings.

Accessory slots and cosmetic items would be ton of fun to collect and craft and attach to our characters!

Race, culture and or profession specific items such as;

for Goblins; bombs, tools, wrench, hammer, dynamite/fireworks, coin sack, pouch of nuts and bolts, kaja-cola can, rockets on back, single-lens visor,

Tauren; dream catcher, bones, beads, shells, seed pouch, animal foot or feathers, idol,

Dwarf; small axe, stein, coin purse,

Pandaren; kegs and teapots and gourd jugs, a fan, bamboo stalk in mouth to chew on, chi beads bracelets, scrolls,

Tolls; wooden masks, pots of spicy drink, talismans, shrunken heads dangling from belt,

Undead; small cauldrons, candles, lantern, potion bottles and vials, skulls,

Class and Profession and Civilian specific items such as; Potion bottles, vials, books, scrolls, compass, flower, herb, ammo, coin, treasure, medicine, jewel or reagent pouches, tools, profession and civilian items, lanterns, skulls, gems, small sacks of important items.

These accessories are not offhands nor have stats but are collectible or craftable race specific or culture appropriate ornaments or universal belongings or profession or even class themed items and adornments that are more akin to decorations to add on to your gear for an extra bit of needed character.

These would be immersive items and objects we could hitch to our sides, waist or belt. Adornments on our head or face, accessories to wrap around our wrists, belongings on our back. Decorative only, like shirts.

A cosmetic slot per gear slot (head, back, waist and maybe wrist) would allow for the enrichment and visibility of details on our characters, without sacrificing/overriding the gear in the slot, it would instead be an addition to the gear slot but visual/cosmetic only:

Glasses, monocle, along with most helms/hats rather than instead of helm/hats

Backpacks, satchels, quiver, brew keg, rocket, gnome/mechagon power generator along with cloak rather than instead of cloak

Potion bottles, books, herb, medicine pouches, coin sacks, gem sacks, bags of nuts and bolts and screws, tongs, hammer, vials, scrolls, steins, jugs, skulls, etc, along with most belts rather than in place of belts. This would also help those who can't use offhands to enrich their character (we can't see most offhands anyway, sadly.)

Perhaps gear slots such as our head, back, waist, and wrist, can have a secondary slot dedicated for cosmetic accessories, decorations, belongings, items and objects, character-enriching details, ornaments.

Thanks for considering!
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-04-16 at 03:28 AM.