Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I periodically imagine what it would be like if professional athletes behaved like some wow players.

It’s like Lebron James going to a high school basketball game and making fun of everyone for being slow, short, and unskilled.

I think it’s the online thing that makes wow players feel like they need to constantly assert their relative greatness. It’s strange.
    Well, who say that some people don't? There are plenty of stories online about rich/famous people being total dicks. Stop generalizing.

What drunken rant is this thread?
    Like srsly, at what point do you actually consider a player to be "good"?
    Honestly, no matter how you got it, if you have your +15 achievement (or even when you are currently at +14 and working on 15) and you have not bought a boost, you are a good player.
    You are not the best player out there, not even close, but you are good.

Your points are all valid (except the lol comparison, because the match making always used your hidden MMR, which had nothing to do with the visible ELO you have), but they have nothing to do with your premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I periodically imagine what it would be like if professional athletes behaved like some wow players.

It’s like Lebron James going to a high school basketball game and making fun of everyone for being slow, short, and unskilled.

I think it’s the online thing that makes wow players feel like they need to constantly assert their relative greatness. It’s strange.
    Mostly the "LeBrons" of WoW play with their own teams, and often boost other ppl for currency. It's the ones that are good but not elite that tend to be the worst. They cant cut it among the top players so they make themselves feel better by showing their superiority over mediocre players.

Imo it's very rare to see top elite players even bothering with us scrubs, much less rage on us

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Honestly, no matter how you got it, if you have your +15 achievement (or even when you are currently at +14 and working on 15) and you have not bought a boost, you are a good player.

Your points are all valid (except the lol comparison, because the match making always used your hidden MMR, which had nothing to do with the visible ELO you have), but they have nothing to do with your premise.
    Having time is not the same as being good.

as an unreflective thinker you always think you are good at something until someone proves you wrong.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    People think they're good because they copy things they see other people do rather than think for themselves. They will come to a raid or a key as the most meta and 'optimal' version of what I play, do less damage than me and then ask me why I don't play X meta thing instead. This is easily 90% of why I have absolute contempt for metaslaves. Almost every single one of them is a mediocre player at best and not even that most of the time.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post

Yeah, thats not how it works, sorry to tell you, and its the main problem of the gaming world overall, they cant create algorithms/statistics that actually show things because the majority would explode into tears.

+15 Achievement doesnt mean shit, there are freebie weeks because of joke affixes, and freebie keys because of those affixes.

There is an insane segregation of player skill in WoW, mostly has to do with reflex/response/knowledge, and nothing to do with achievements, do you have any idea how many shit players exist with KSM?

But yes, in the land of the blind, the guy that can see is king. Too bad he is lacking hands and legs, and the moment he exits the land of the blind he is nothing different than them for the people with legs, and then the people with fully body parts, its not the best analogy, but i hope you get it.

So yes, someone with KSM is better than the majority, but he is in no way good

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yeah, thats not how it works, sorry to tell you, and its the main problem of the gaming world overall, they cant create algorithms/statistics that actually show things because the majority would explode into tears.

+15 Achievement doesnt mean shit, there are freebie weeks because of joke affixes, and freebie keys because of those affixes.

There is an insane segregation of player skill in WoW, mostly has to do with reflex/response/knowledge, and nothing to do with achievements, do you have any idea how many shit players exist with KSM?

But yes, in the land of the blind, the guy that can see is king. Too bad he is lacking hands and legs, and the moment he exits the land of the blind he is nothing different than them for the people with legs, and then the people with fully body parts, its not the best analogy, but i hope you get it.

So yes, someone with KSM is better than the majority, but he is in no way good
    What you do not understand its that even getting +15 on freebie weeks unboosted makes you a good player.
    Does it make you top tier? No, but you are good enough to clear the hardest officially recognized PVE content in the game.
    You can flail all you want and cry "but they are still noobs", it does not make you right.
    It doesn't matter if player B is 10x better as player A, player A can still be good.

I feel like M+ and Raiding are actually less about knowing your class, and more about knowing encounters and trash inside out.

I think I can play my mage quite decent but I'm about 4 months late into the expansion. I still don't know all dungeons perfectly and I certainly don't know the raid boss mechanics to the point that they're 2nd nature.

Obviously I will be inferior to others who know when to do what, based on what's happening during the encounters.

Shadowlands surprised me with how mechanically difficult the content is, especially on high keys and in Raids. It isn't all easy to memorize.

So I guess some people struggle more with that actually, than from a low understanding of their class.