Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol to the people saying August

But no, seriously. Where tf is the 9.1 news? They said "shortly after 9.0.5's release". Like, wtf?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

But no, seriously. Where tf is the 9.1 news? They said "shortly after 9.0.5's release". Like, wtf?
    Well you know. Blizzard Soon is anywhere between one week and five years

imagine if you bought a 6 month sub kekw

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

I remember back in February when people said 9.1 might come in June or later and people were like: lol ya dumb mate? Now a June launch for 9.1 is the most optimistic guess with April being around the corner and neither do we have more info about 9.1 nor the PTS in sight. And on top of that TBC beta started last week, which might or might not push the PTS for 9.1 even more into the future.

Honestly, at the moment I doubt even a June release as that might be reserved for the TBC launch.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

So infuriating how fucking awful they are at communicating, is it really that difficult to make a 1 page blog post talking about how development is going?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    this whole conversation around 9.1 is so interesting across this community because...it's all about fueling "i hate wow" and rage instead of actually discussing when the content is coming out. i'm personally baffled that after asking for raid logging/no grind/no punishment gameplay to return, the community has reverted to "nothing to do" when they got a balance of endgame progression that wasn't a grind/endless/punishing with cosmetic open world stuff and continued season gameplay. 9.1 sounds cool and SL is solid. it's ok-we don't have to just hate the game.

9.1 def releases in june/july making season 1 6-7 months. not an issue. mop tier 1 was around 6 months, legion tier 1 was 4 months for EN, 5 months for nighthold, makinng it 9 months between launch and tomb, which was the new content not developed for launch. BFA was 5.5 months before bod, but we all know a lot of that was a different timeline for a mess of reasons. point being, 6-7 months for a first tier is fine and not at all a sign of the end of wow. idk why people want shadowlands to be doomed so badly: the game is fine rn and has a lot of good stuff happening. i personally think it's gonna shake out like mop where the first tier was a good game and it only improved as the expansion went on.
    Lol 20 legion raid bosses = 10 shadowlands bosses

And the 6 weeks before BoD during was open call that bfa had no content (or enjoyable content). People more in-tune with themselves and not being an addict felt that back in late September to before Blizzcon ‘18.

Early 2022 at this rate, just remember to renew your 6 month sub before it goes away to get the next pay pig(random animal) mount
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Early 2022 at this rate, just remember to renew your 6 month sub before it goes away to get the next pay pig(random animal) mount
    Pls ion I can’t afford anymore store mounts. I already bought the pig 40 times to try to prop up blizz with my money. 9.1 eta son?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    So infuriating how fucking awful they are at communicating, is it really that difficult to make a 1 page blog post talking about how development is going?
    They haven't talked about it between Wotlk and Cata.
    They haven't talk about it between Cata and MoP.
    They haven't talked about it between MoP and WoD.

Blizzard is at best okay at communication when development is going smooth, when development isn't going smooth, there's almost always radio silence.

I guess one of the reasons why is because Blizzard fears that players might interprete any message such as "next patch is a bit delayed" as "no new content is coming up, just unsub".

I would say this is by far the best complaint about 9.1 so far.

Yes, I totally understand working from home because of covid fucking things up. I totally 100% understand that. It presents challenges that they were either prepared for or expected to be doing around the crunch time of SL and all the way though this patch cycle. I get it, delays were and are going to happen and you can look at just about any entertainment industry and see it happening in mass all over the place. But...

Is it really that hard to give updates. Is it really that hard to let us know it is taking a long time. Is it really that hard to explain the situation from time to time. Maybe a post once in a while discussing what they are thinking and why going forward. They even have people that this is specifically their job to do so and they remained employed. Right now most of what you get is half cocked "rumors" from people like Towellee and Asmongold saying "the scared rumor on the street is August if we are lucky" (I also am not saying they are right or wrong here to be up front) and it's just fueling a fire that they cannot control. Weather it is this or not, I just get this air of they are in total damage control and hoping just not saying anything is the best approach and usually that is the best approach when you are failing because lets be real here.. if you are doing great and have good things to report you love saying that shit. Not so much when it's bad. Which is why the air is starting to sour towards a little bit bad.

Just say something. Be honest. It is all people are asking for. But it won't happen. Saying no content until August might cause a flood of unsubs and that is ALL they care about.

I don't think if it's a wise move to come out and say "We're behind schedule and 9.1 is likely coming out in July", based on this thread alone, doing this would probably make matters a lot worse.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-03-29 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxblow View Post
    So is it looking like:
    - Late May : 9.1 Chains of Domination
    - Late June : Classic TBC

Still trying to understand why they wouldn't release Classic content right in the middle of retail content droughts... that would be an easy way to keep the subs up
    How on earth is everyone expecting 9.1 in May/June? I mean we nearly in April and we've had no information about 9.1 let alone whispers about a PTR. Considering they would be running the PTR for close to 2 months, May/June is so out of the question. In fact so many people are going to be in for a huge shock when we get to June/July and still have no info regarding 9.1 I can't see 9.1 coming out before September and even that is me being optimistic.

Classic TBC is already on the PTR. So another months should give them a launch sometime in June/July.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I remember back in February when people said 9.1 might come in June or later and people were like: lol ya dumb mate? Now a June launch for 9.1 is the most optimistic guess with April being around the corner and neither do we have more info about 9.1 nor the PTS in sight. And on top of that TBC beta started last week, which might or might not push the PTS for 9.1 even more into the future.

Honestly, at the moment I doubt even a June release as that might be reserved for the TBC launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I would say this is by far the best complaint about 9.1 so far.

Yes, I totally understand working from home because of covid fucking things up. I totally 100% understand that. It presents challenges that they were either prepared for or expected to be doing around the crunch time of SL and all the way though this patch cycle. I get it, delays were and are going to happen and you can look at just about any entertainment industry and see it happening in mass all over the place. But...

Is it really that hard to give updates. Is it really that hard to let us know it is taking a long time. Is it really that hard to explain the situation from time to time. Maybe a post once in a while discussing what they are thinking and why going forward. They even have people that this is specifically their job to do so and they remained employed. Right now most of what you get is half cocked "rumors" from people like Towellee and Asmongold saying "the scared rumor on the street is August if we are lucky" (I also am not saying they are right or wrong here to be up front) and it's just fueling a fire that they cannot control. Weather it is this or not, I just get this air of they are in total damage control and hoping just not saying anything is the best approach and usually that is the best approach when you are failing because lets be real here.. if you are doing great and have good things to report you love saying that shit. Not so much when it's bad. Which is why the air is starting to sour towards a little bit bad.

Just say something. Be honest. It is all people are asking for. But it won't happen. Saying no content until August might cause a flood of unsubs and that is ALL they care about.
    You guys are hilarious. Ya'll are so optimistic. Ya'll are simply assuming stuff based on no rational information or thinking, just cause ya'll want it to be so rather than common sense.

Considering Blizzcon was about a month back and we saw next to no gameplay, zone previews, new enemies, raid infor, etc I can't believe how anyone is expecting 9.1 to launch in May/June, let alone before September.

Secondly Blizzard doesn't need to announce anything if they have nothing to announce. This is people like you being impatient and starved for information so ya'll try and make stuff up to keep yourselves satisfied. I mean its great to be optimistic, but be realistic as well. TBC Classic went on the PTR last week. So we most likely looking at a late May or June launch if they don't decide to push it back further. How on earth can anyone be clueless to assume that 9.1 would still launch in June besides wishful thinking. Considering they never made the recent changes to tanks and Vengeance Demon Hunters, patch 9.1 is a lot further away than many on here are expecting. If I was you, I wouldn't expect 9.1 before September. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if its more likely released at the end of the year unless it gets pushed back to early 2022.

5+ Year Old Account
    @NordWitcher somewhat off-topic, but what changes to tanks are you talking about? Is there anything new in that regard in 9.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    @NordWitcher somewhat off-topic, but what changes to tanks are you talking about? Is there anything new in that regard in 9.1?
    Well there was a known bug with Vengeance DH where they were mitigating more damage than they should have been. However they fixed it buffed the passives for DH and all other tanks.

Normally they wouldn’t have made the change mid tier if a patch was coming out in the near future.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Well there was a known bug with Vengeance DH where they were mitigating more damage than they should have been. However they fixed it buffed the passives for DH and all other tanks.

Normally they wouldn’t have made the change mid tier if a patch was coming out in the near future.
    I see. Must've missed the news about it, thanks dude
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

You guys are hilarious. Ya'll are so optimistic. Ya'll are simply assuming stuff based on no rational information or thinking, just cause ya'll want it to be so rather than common sense.

Considering Blizzcon was about a month back and we saw next to no gameplay, zone previews, new enemies, raid infor, etc I can't believe how anyone is expecting 9.1 to launch in May/June, let alone before September.

Secondly Blizzard doesn't need to announce anything if they have nothing to announce. This is people like you being impatient and starved for information so ya'll try and make stuff up to keep yourselves satisfied. I mean its great to be optimistic, but be realistic as well. TBC Classic went on the PTR last week. So we most likely looking at a late May or June launch if they don't decide to push it back further. How on earth can anyone be clueless to assume that 9.1 would still launch in June besides wishful thinking. Considering they never made the recent changes to tanks and Vengeance Demon Hunters, patch 9.1 is a lot further away than many on here are expecting. If I was you, I wouldn't expect 9.1 before September. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if its more likely released at the end of the year unless it gets pushed back to early 2022.
    June is just the most optimistic guess. 9.1 cannot release in May anymore, it's impossible. So this leaves June as the earliest possible date. If the PTR for 9.1 doesn't drop this week, the 8-10 week window for content patches on the PTS brings the release window to June 8th-22nd.

As I said in several other posts, my timeline looks like this:

May: TBC pre patch
    June: TBC launch
    July: 9.1
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I don't think if it's a wise move to come out and say "We're behind schedule and 9.1 is likely coming out in July", based on this thread alone, doing this would probably make matters a lot worse.
    Would it? People already realized there is a delay plus some are even expecting a late fall release. Honest communication, the type Blizzard doesn't do because fuck em, would definitely not make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    Bro if given the choice between "being employed in the middle of a record economic low and pandemic" and getting 3 months of pay (no indication of how much this actually is for most of them), "health benefits" (no idea what this covers or for how many of them, they might be giving them the option to sell their kidneys to pay for COBRA and calling it "health benefits" lol) and a 200 dollar gift card, I'd bet most people would prefer the former.
    definitely, but presenting it as bliz firing people and giving them nothing but a 200dollar gift card is outright lie...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-03-29 at 10:18 AM.

I don't think we will get it before end of august.
    And it would be ok IF they would talk to us.... bu they don't. They just shut themselves in and then wonder why people get angry about non existing communication.

Tell me it will be august and i can play as long as i want, take a break and come back in August. No biggy.
    Right now i am getting more annoyed at them every day without communication. Will probably take a break and come back next expansion as this is just... shitty behaviour towards the customer.

But that is a blizz overarching problem. Overwatch? No infos whatsoever. Diablo? Every few month a small bit. Wow? NOTHING and not even much at "Blizzconline"(which was a farce anyway).

They should do regular developer updates. Like Paradox does for Stellaris for example nearly every week. They show stuff they are working on right now, stuff they want to do, stuff that is finished and explain why they do this and that while also getting imediate feedback from the players.
    This is dangerous because the current playerbase hates everything immediatly anyway. But i think in the long run these people won't stay with the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    i disagree, few morons that are outraged would not be more outraged, while reasonable people would see they at least try to give us some information

- - - Updated - - -

but be realistic as well

I wouldn't expect 9.1 before September. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if its more likely released at the end of the year unless it gets pushed back to early 2022.
    you said be realistic and then and went soooo overboard pessimistic as hell...
    June is realistic (although i think July is more probable) september is very unlikely and pushing into 2022 is just plain stupid...

- - - Updated - - -

eh... what? they do numbers tweaking for classes almost every week...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    it would be ok IF they would talk to us....
    this is only fault imo, that they dont communicate...

if they are few months behind its not end of the world, at my work some projects that should be done this year had already the deadline pushed into 2024...
    but ffs SPEAK TO CUSTOMERS... communication was always achiles heel of blizzard...