Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i don't like the state of the pvp scene atm and i am using my right to rant about whatever i feel like it. how about you go bark to another tree if the converstaion / venting / crying doesn't interest you ?
    Why? Its not circlejerk forum to applaud to your every post. Dont wanna see different opinion, dont post. And thery are right, grow up. Playing something you hate is just dumb. And even more dumb is coming to forum crying how you hate playing a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This has never been a pvp game. There are way better games out there for pvp.

Its like playing diablo 2 for the pvp part. You could do it but its pretty shoddy and people think you are weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone who is playing this game wants something different from it.

There is no "right" direction.
    I hate people who are still spreading this lie. This has been already debunked by the devs. PVP used to be more popular than PVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Why? Its not circlejerk forum to applaud to your every post. Dont wanna see different opinion, dont post. And thery are right, grow up. Playing something you hate is just dumb. And even more dumb is coming to forum crying how you hate playing a video game.
    i am open to each and every OPINION, not someone who tells me to not to do something i feel like doing for the time being. i have every right to do whatever i please. if this makes your tummy chummy, you may as well join that THING with barking to whichever tree you please. i will state what i believe is right in MY OWN WAY. you have no right to tell me to stop. shoo shoo.

as a side note, you guys are really prone to looking at the finger while someone is showing you the acrobat. however you boys take it, this is a real problem. pvp in this game is, while being fast-paced and generally fun, filled with gold boosters and blizzard refuses to do something about it. how about we focus on THIS matter and forget about how i point out things ? you do not contribute to anything by saying that i should do this and that instead. because i won't.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

First off, glad mount is only from 3v3, so noone is boosting for that. Second, at 210 ilvl you have plenty to hit 1600 rating, the only thing stopping you is a lack of practice and knowledge.

Second, pvp templates have been tried, they didn't work. What they could possibly do is make an arena realm where you have templates and the only activity you could do is queue arenas, would you join? I wouldn't, I like the way pvp is now, with gear, fast pace high damage and shorter matches.

Boosters are not that much of a problem either, if they are boosting someone, you are 2v1.5, since you are primarily playing 2s I take it you play with a rogue? (Anything else would be really stupid to be honest) So sheep/stun the low hp guy, open on the booster, force his trinket and defensive, reset, go again and you have yourself some very very easy rating.

Don't let paladins hit you with wings on, when you see wings, get away, if you can't get away, you've done fucked up previously. I'm fully glad geared and I'm not staying to tank no stinking paladin when they are about to burst.

If this doesn't get you to 1600, consider playing a m+ key every week to get some 220+ gear yourself.

There are also several good guides on youtube on how to play rogue mage, and of people going 0-2100 this late into the season on a brand new account only using LFG.

i like the fast paced arena style too but the main problem here is boosters and blizzard not caring about the situation on eu ( again, not sure about na or other regions )

i simply don't want to face a player who is way beyond my league in both gear and possibly skill too. the only thing i want is a fair game. i shouldn't be asking for much. i am trying to improve the class i am playing for the first time but bashing your head to a wall over and over is not fun. funny thing is, apart from a few sane people, only thing i am hearing is either '' git gud '' or '' leave the game if you feel like hurt '' bullshit. i am stating the obvious here. stop being a fuckin bot for a sec and try to understand the situation. that last part is not directed to anyone btw, it was a general rant.
    Yeah boosting is pretty common in every region I think. And since it's not against ToS Blizzard won't do anything about it.

Maybe it's cause I've done a few boosts myself this season, but I really don't think it's that big of a deal. You only run into boosters like one in ten games, so it's not really that common and it's certainly not the thing holding people back. And boosters are basically playing 1.5v2 since the person they're boosting is usually undergeared and not very good, so it's not like it's an autoloss just because your opponent is a gladiator. I think I only had like a 70% winrate boosting people to 1800, which is about the same winrate I have on alts around 1800 when I'm queueing with my friends anyway so it's not really that big of a difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    i don't even wanna describe why. fuck the pvp developers for the game. fuck pvp boosters and fuck blizzard for allowing them to ruin the game for the rest of the players.
    I feel you. Wow is in a pretty bad state.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

i don't even wanna describe why. fuck the pvp developers for the game. fuck pvp boosters and fuck blizzard for allowing them to ruin the game for the rest of the players.
    Maybe it's time to grow up and quit if you "genuinely hate this game".

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    just curious, what does that have to do with anything?

- - - Updated - - -
    I thought it was obvious. If you're not having fun, go do something else. It's not a job, so you have no obligation to log in.

10+ Year Old Account

this video sums the problem better than i did while not even mentioning the boosting problem. give us solo queue and almost all of the problems i previously mentioned will be pooofff in a heartbeat. DO IT BLIZZARD.
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2021-03-21 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    I hate people who are still spreading this lie. This has been already debunked by the devs. PVP used to be more popular than PVE.
    Got a source on that?

there is nothing ironic about my post. if you think that class helps when it comes to facing gladiator - geared boosters, you are the ne who is delusional. a ret with said 220 gear globals 2 players in around 3 seconds. ever ate a 41k final verdict ?
    Yes, I've even been a victim to that.

Point still stands, not everyone is a glad booster just cuz they have 220 gear and can nuke you.
    In fact, I've pushed up to 1600 recently and met only 1 team where I could say there was a booster.

Truth is, your gear is way below the average now and people beat you with simply having better gear.

Also, solo queue solves literally nothing.
    It would get rid of the fringe boosters (that are already few) but nothing else.
    A mythic raider could queue up with mythic raid and 0 rating and one-shot everyone until 1800 with much better gear.
    Even other pvpers with group rating could just pop in solo queue and destroy low CR low gear people.

If PvP was literally the only way to get gear only then would it work.
    But I can gear a character far past the entry level for PvP and dominate everyone.
    Last edited by Garymorilix; 2021-03-21 at 01:09 PM.

You don't have a clue what hate means. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Got a source on that?
    Unfortunately the original tweet does not exist anymore. I found a screenshot tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

(In demonic voice) Gooooooood, join us brother.
    Sorry you feel that way.
    PVP has milions of issues tho, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yeah boosting is pretty common in every region I think. And since it's not against ToS Blizzard won't do anything about it.

Maybe it's cause I've done a few boosts myself this season, but I really don't think it's that big of a deal. You only run into boosters like one in ten games, so it's not really that common and it's certainly not the thing holding people back. And boosters are basically playing 1.5v2 since the person they're boosting is usually undergeared and not very good, so it's not like it's an autoloss just because your opponent is a gladiator. I think I only had like a 70% winrate boosting people to 1800, which is about the same winrate I have on alts around 1800 when I'm queueing with my friends anyway so it's not really that big of a difference.
    Well i've been doing my fair share of arena this season. Starting from 0 to about 16-1800 on my characters. Theres SO many times i've joined games at very low ratings and get nuked in 0.5 seconds, or not doing any noticable damage to anyone.

I started to check out many of the people I came up against, and many of them were VERY good geared and had very high rating. They had nothing to do at that level at all. Happens to often.

I would most welcome a solo queue, and I dont understand why its not in the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You don't have a clue what hate means. Grow up.
    Last time I actually hated someone (10 years ago) I punched him and broke his nose and wanted to continue to stomp on him (people pulled me away from him) as he was curling up on the floor. (he bullied, well deserved) I can 100% say that hate and dislike are very different. If OP truly hated the game/WoW/PvP he would have quit long ago, you just want the person/thing to disappear if you have hate. Haven't felt hate ever since, it's a gruesome emotion and very destructive. 99% of the time people don't truly hate, they dislike.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-03-21 at 02:08 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're already fighting people with 220-226 gear at the 1600 level, what does solo queue do to fix it? You're still going to see people with that type of gear at all levels of play, you're just going to see it in a different bracket. People literally tank and manipulate their rating all the time to play at the lower end and boost friends or viewers. A solo queue system that's being heavily advocated by some high end PvPers just want an additional form of content. I fail to see how it actually solves any of these problems. You can literally suck at most levels of PvP and still have good gear. Boosting plays into this, mythic raid geared with little PvP knowledge, or well, the elephant in the room, RBGs in general. There are loads of people running around with 2100-2400+ RBG ratings that are hard stuck in arena. Those people are there because they aren't actually good at arena, but will still have an advantage over people who also aren't that 'great' but don't participate in RBGs. RBGs as they stand are one of the most heavily inflated brackets and because of how MMR works in them it's one of the 'easier' ways to get good gear. All it takes is some time.

This isn't me advocating that solo queue couldn't be an addition to the game. I'm just saying that it doesn't really solve any major problems that people are having with the systems.

Boosting is always going to exist and it's only more prevalent this expansion because Blizzard fucked up PvE gearing, combined with the fact that they actually made PvP gearing good for once. If you fix the PvE side of things, or make things a bit more parallel, most of these complaints are going to stop, or at the very least, you're going to have multiple avenues to acquire gear.

I don't think the old ways work. It's still an RPG in nature and having gear work between all levels of play makes the game just flow better. Historically we've had eras where you wore mostly PvE gear with a mixture of PvP gear (like TBC/WoTLK), eras where you had to wear exclusively PvP gear, and other eras where the gear basically didn't matter at all. Aside from trinkets, right now gear is just gear. You equip the best gear you can get that works the best for you in PvP (mostly from PvP itself, but PvE can accelerate this process) and you can actually take that gear and use it in both forms of content. To each their own, but as somebody who only does arena and barely does BGs (aside from Vanilla/TBC when it was new), the times in the game where PvP gear doesn't matter are some of the worst eras for PvP. When PvP has rewarding gearing systems and a progression path, it feels way better than nothing mattering at all.

I think the game is in a pretty good place from a PvP perspective. The gearing system is rewarding and PvP is fast paced. There are classes out there that have combinations that are a bit too easy to pull off (or just do a bit too much damage), but that's a balance problem, and balance problems have always existed.

Just to point out something again. Just because you get blasted by higher geared players, doesn't mean that they're in a bracket they don't belong in. RBGs (compared to arena) are way too easy to get gear in and most people who play in RBGs have incredibly good gear and generally are terrible in 2s/3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Unfortunately the original tweet does not exist anymore. I found a screenshot tho.
    The way this is worded sounds like a reach and it could be taken out of context not having a link to the source.

That being said 2014 was Warlords of Dreanor. An expansion devoid of pve content. If thats the height of pvp participation it really only serves to underline my statement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    If you're already fighting people with 220-226 gear at the 1600 level, what does solo queue do to fix it? You're still going to see people with that type of gear at all levels of play, you're just going to see it in a different bracket. People literally tank and manipulate their rating all the time to play at the lower end and boost friends or viewers. A solo queue system that's being heavily advocated by some high end PvPers just want an additional form of content. I fail to see how it actually solves any of these problems. You can literally suck at most levels of PvP and still have good gear. Boosting plays into this, mythic raid geared with little PvP knowledge, or well, the elephant in the room, RBGs in general. There are loads of people running around with 2100-2400+ RBG ratings that are hard stuck in arena. Those people are there because they aren't actually good at arena, but will still have an advantage over people who also aren't that 'great' but don't participate in RBGs. RBGs as they stand are one of the most heavily inflated brackets and because of how MMR works in them it's one of the 'easier' ways to get good gear. All it takes is some time.

This isn't me advocating that solo queue couldn't be an addition to the game. I'm just saying that it doesn't really solve any major problems that people are having with the systems.

Boosting is always going to exist and it's only more prevalent this expansion because Blizzard fucked up PvE gearing, combined with the fact that they actually made PvP gearing good for once. If you fix the PvE side of things, or make things a bit more parallel, most of these complaints are going to stop, or at the very least, you're going to have multiple avenues to acquire gear.

I don't think the old ways work. It's still an RPG in nature and having gear work between all levels of play makes the game just flow better. Historically we've had eras where you wore mostly PvE gear with a mixture of PvP gear (like TBC/WoTLK), eras where you had to wear exclusively PvP gear, and other eras where the gear basically didn't matter at all. Aside from trinkets, right now gear is just gear. You equip the best gear you can get that works the best for you in PvP (mostly from PvP itself, but PvE can accelerate this process) and you can actually take that gear and use it in both forms of content. To each their own, but as somebody who only does arena and barely does BGs (aside from Vanilla/TBC when it was new), the times in the game where PvP gear doesn't matter are some of the worst eras for PvP. When PvP has rewarding gearing systems and a progression path, it feels way better than nothing mattering at all.

I think the game is in a pretty good place from a PvP perspective. The gearing system is rewarding and PvP is fast paced. There are classes out there that have combinations that are a bit too easy to pull off (or just do a bit too much damage), but that's a balance problem, and balance problems have always existed.

Just to point out something again. Just because you get blasted by higher geared players, doesn't mean that they're in a bracket they don't belong in. RBGs (compared to arena) are way too easy to get gear in and most people who play in RBGs have incredibly good gear and generally are terrible in 2s/3s.
    ...and that is exactly why i advocate a flat mmr whatever you are participating ( be it rbg, 2v2 or 3v3 ) AND a solo queue system as the cherry on top to remove boosters from the scene once and for all. if you have 3k rating at 3v3 and 1.2k rating at 2v2 ( there are at least 20 players like that, check wow pvp rankings site if you want ) you shouldn't facing 1.2k players at 2v2. this system is plain stupid and unfair to those who are just trying to learn or new to the game or wtv.

it shouldn't be this hard to grasp : if you reached a certain point, below that treshold should be restricted to you. i don't want to see a 3k rating player in my 1.1k mmr game for god's sake and this has nothing to do with getting good at game. if the game lets me, i may get better or hell, i can even stay at the rating i DESERVE TO BE AT. not the rating i am getting pushed at by some nolifer fucktard. i also do not blame the boosters btw, if there is a flaw in the system, people abuse it. simple as that. i just can't believe blizzard either can't see the simple flaw in this system or they just plain don't care about it. either is as shitty as the other.
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2021-03-21 at 03:02 PM.

...and that is exactly why i advocate a flat mmr whatever you are participating ( be it rbg, 2v2 or 3v3 ) AND a solo queue system as the cherry on top to remove boosters from the scene once and for all. if you have 3k rating at 3v3 and 1.2k rating at 2v2 ( there are at least 20 players like that, check wow pvp rankings site if you want ) you shouldn't facing 1.2k players at 2v2. this system is plain stupid and unfair to those who are just trying to learn or new to the game or wtv.

it shouldn't be this hard to grasp : if you reached a certain point, below that treshold should be restricted to you. i don't want to see a 3k rating player in my 1.1k mmr game for god's sake and this has nothing to do with getting good at game. if the game lets me, i may get better or hell, i can even stay at the rating i DESERVE TO BE AT. not the rating i am getting pushed at by some nolifer fucktard. i also do not blame the boosters btw, if there is a flaw in the system, people abuse it. simple as that. i just can't believe blizzard either can't see the simple flaw in this system or they just plain don't care about it. either is as shitty as the other.
    What would prevent the booster from dropping his 3v3 rating to 900 if that was the case, and keeping RBG at 0, making his boosting in 2s at 1200 even easier? That's what you guys always fail to take into account, there are so so so so many ways to get around any rating restriction you put in place. And what if your legit IRL friend wants to play with you? or your husband? Or brother?