Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    jesus people. read the article, this only affections the 30\90\180 day options in the shop, this doesnt affect subscriptions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What's the difference between game time and subscription?
    If you subscribe for 30 days, you might forget to cancel your sub when you stop playing and your credit/debit card will get charged again.

If you buy game time and then decide to stop playing then nothing happens.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not what happened, read the full post next time.
    i did. you just don't understand how consumer practices work and how companies exploit them. did you know people are more likely to fill a grocery cart with items they normally wouldn't simply because the cart is bigger? that's why walmart and other stores have been getting bigger and bigger carts.

Most sub based games don't even provide single purchase options outside of physical cards, and now I see partly why, it's so confusing to people O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    What the fuck is this? I prefer to sub 30 days only, now they force me to pay for 60 days?! Fuck that
    Only time bought in the store, please read it before reacting.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Never once in my on and off 17 years of playing WoW, have I used this option.

/0 fucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So tokens are the only way to buy 30days without subbing?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Isn't game time also LITERAL game time or has that changed? Like I recall it being previously that if you played for an hour a day you would only be out a little more than a day by the end of the month.
    no, that was never the case outside of china

Just subscribe then cancel immediately if you want to play month to month. Easy stuff.

i don't get the point of buying game time instead of subing

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    So tokens are the only way to buy 30days without subbing?
    yes. though if blizz is going to be consistent, i would expect a change to tokens at some point this year where the price and time is doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Isn't game time also LITERAL game time or has that changed? Like I recall it being previously that if you played for an hour a day you would only be out a little more than a day by the end of the month.
    Nope. I know what you mean though, but has that ever existed in WoW? I don't remember atleast.

why is nobody pointing out that this is a nerf to gold -> bnet balance?

Because you cant sub with bnet balance.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    why is nobody pointing out that this is a nerf to gold -> bnet balance?

Because you cant sub with bnet balance.
    Token prices/time haven’t changed so you can just turn them directly into game time so there’s no nerf to subbing from gold as long as your not just banking it all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i did. you just don't understand how consumer practices work and how companies exploit them. did you know people are more likely to fill a grocery cart with items they normally wouldn't simply because the cart is bigger? that's why walmart and other stores have been getting bigger and bigger carts.
    again you dont understand what is going on, please read the post, you can still sub 30/90/180 no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

With the recent subscription price hike Blizzard really need to stop charging for expansions and spending time and resources on making mounts to sell. I mean, how many more ways can they find to wrestle the cash out of our wallets and into Bob's private accounts...

Ofc they need moar money now to pay Bobby's 200M prize

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Token prices/time haven’t changed so you can just turn them directly into game time so there’s no nerf to subbing from gold as long as your not just banking it all.
    I guess that's true, but I thought the 180 cards were the only alternative to an actual sub for the free mounts every 6 mo?

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, with this price change, botters are now forced to buy 2 wow tokens instead of just 1, to actually fund their accounts.. i know its the same in the long run, but it'll likely have some kind of effect.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    I guess that's true, but I thought the 180 cards were the only alternative to an actual sub for the free mounts every 6 mo?
    That would be true I guess now subbing would be the only choice for the 6month mounts.