• D.C & Puerto Rico as States

57 63.33%
  • Both

1 1.11%
  • Neither

28 31.11%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What do you see more likely to happen: California splitting or DC & 'Rico as states?

What do you see more likely to happen within the next 8 years? California splitting into three states as they tried in 2018 OR Washington D.C and Puerto Rico becoming the 51st and 52nd US states?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

DC and Rico more likely I think. Harder to split a state up.

It’s harder to split up a state. Easier to make a new one. PR and DC should be separate since PR may want independence.

10+ Year Old Account
    California splitting up is only the pipe dream of angry central California conservatives who are pissed that they have to be subjected to the laws of the liberal majority, and the wealthy napa vally type conservatives who are tired of paying taxes to support the money pit that is the angry central California conservatives.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

CA splitting up is never going to happen.

Best way to get more states is to design the flag first, then get people on board. A kick as 52 or 54 state flag will be a great way to draw in support.

No odd numbers please.

As someone else said, the whole splitting California thing was like the idea of 3 dudes who wanted to dodge taxes and some village dumbfucks who wanted to stick it to the libs.

PR and DC becoming states is a longshot too, but less improbable than splitting California.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    As someone else said, the whole splitting California thing was like the idea of 3 dudes who wanted to dodge taxes and some village dumbfucks who wanted to stick it to the libs.

PR and DC becoming states is a longshot too, but less improbable than splitting California.
    Another reason they want it, is because they know that if they get the rural parts of the state out of the rest of CA, they know they would get more Republican senators from it. Which is why Republicans are trying their fucking hardest to keep PR and DC from being states, because they know it would go Blue and give Dems 4 more senators.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only one choice is even remotely realistic - DC & PR becoming states.

No state will be splitting from the Union any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck off with your anti-CA fantasies you bunch of sour grapes sucking losers.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Another reason they want it, is because they know that if they get the rural parts of the state out of the rest of CA, they know they would get more Republican senators from it. Which is why Republicans are trying their fucking hardest to keep PR and DC from being states, because they know it would go Blue and give Dems 4 more senators.
    I mean at this point that's the only way they conjure up any Republican senators, unless they split Montana 4 ways into 4 white ethno nationalist states or something.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Puerto Rico Statehood > California Split > DC Statehood.

That is my order of "Likelihood to occur".
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-03-27 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither > Puerto Rico Statehood> DC Statehood > Selling Florida > California splitting ≈ Texas seceding.

Over the next 8 years? I think nothing is the most likely answer, assuming the GOP can hold itself together long enough (I don't have any estimate on when that party is willing to split, but at this point I doubt they're stop entertaining fascists right up until an elected member of the GOP is killed by one of their own supporters). The party is entertaining terrorist ideology, and their failure to vote to convict during the second impeachment of #45 tells me that they clearly are out of touch with reality. They incited an insurrection that got American citizens killed, and they still refuse to even acknowledge that it is even a real problem.

The GOP is drinking the Kool-Aid, now I just view it as a question of how long before an elected member of the GOP is killed by that Kool-Aid.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-03-27 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Not surprising the Russian thinks that CA should split.

my prediction is that the left will then join the far right. there's evidence of it happening. left acting as nazi's
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    my prediction is that the left will then join the far right. there's evidence of it happening. left acting as nazi's
    Well, you would be wrong. Nazis are far right wing. And you have NO FUCKING CLUE what Nazism is, we all know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only one with a chance is PR statehood, and a lot of that would require them to have a vote that goes far beyond the 45-55% in favor that the last few votes have always been
    and statehood for the other territories needs to be honestly considered as well.

DC at least, needs to have it so congress cant just override the city council, and have them and the other territories have a voting house rep (no senator till you are a state)
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

CA will split when Mother Nature says so. And no sooner. Statehood for PR and DC is just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    the only one with a chance is PR statehood, and a lot of that would require them to have a vote that goes far beyond the 45-55% in favor that the last few votes have always been
    and statehood for the other territories needs to be honestly considered as well.

DC at least, needs to have it so congress cant just override the city council, and have them and the other territories have a voting house rep (no senator till you are a state)
    Well, with Puerto Rico, I think they could probably frame it as a way to keep people like Trump out of office so they don't get left without power and to die in the next Hurricane like he tried to. Their lives can be a pretty good motivator after having suffered a leader who didn't care if they lived and likely hoped they would die.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither because imagine the cost of replacing all these flags

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Neither because imagine the cost of replacing all these flags
    job creation you mean.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.