• Both

1 1.11%
  • Neither

28 31.11%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    California splitting from the US now? Where do these cockameme fantasies even come from? Where did this ''rumor'' start?

- - - Updated - - -

Republicans love Puerto Rico so much they intentionally held up and blocked $20,000,000,000 for hurricane aid! So you think if PR voted republican all the time then those same republicans would suddenly love brown people? I dare say you are right that puerto Rico is the wrong color for Republicans, but it ain't cuz of the blue...
    I blame the great, yet forgotten "Crimson Skies" game setting

"Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    California splitting from the US now? Where do these cockameme fantasies even come from? Where did this ''rumor'' start?
    I have no idea how we have posts like this:

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    CA, just because the red counties and blue counties are at each other’s throats.
    Who is telling you this? Here is Fox News covering it, focusing on race per usual, but they did cover it:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...ict-51st-state

If it had just been Puerto Rico statehood, I’d rank that higher than CA splitting.
    DC state hood literally passed the house last week... How is it possible for you to give the objectively wrong answer, with this much confidence? Who is telling you this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I blame the great, yet forgotten "Crimson Skies" game setting
    I think it’s more of a reflection of the GOP bubble. California was the only state true believers believed Biden would win. Even on the day of the election, the likes of Tim Pool, Rubin Report and Fox News talking heads, predicting a near sweep for Trump... with the obvious only state that goes Biden, being the one with the highest popular vote for Democrats... California.

Why would conservatives do both, claim that California is the epicenter of the left, while also claiming a split and being at each other’s throat? Why think this, about the least likely state to actually split? So... why think such conflicting opinions?

Copium... California is the only state they thought they would lose... no other reason... it’s an argument, that’s a relic from reelection posturing by GOP acolytes. It was how even California would be a Republican state, to capture all 50 states, in 2024. This is how arrogant they were about Trump winning and it is still ingrained...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Who is telling you this? Here is Fox News covering it, focusing on race per usual, but they did cover it:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...ict-51st-state

DC state hood literally passed the house last week... How is it possible for you to give the objectively wrong answer, with this much confidence? Who is telling you this?
    I live and work in California. I have lived here my whole life. I don’t need people writing up the tensions to tell me what things are like in my state, in my county, and in counties where I visit friends.

Quoting me some Fox News article a month after I posted on this subject is inane.

The Democrats own the House and stand to win additional power in the Senate after the DC statehood proposal. It passing the House is wondering why the home team has so many fans in the stadium.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    I live and work in California. I have lived here my whole life. I don’t need people writing up the tensions to tell me what things are like in my state, in my county, and in counties where I visit friends.
    Blue counties and red counties are not "at each others' throats", that's just ridiculous.

And I've lived in blue, red and purple counties.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so it’s that you speak for California... this is coming from authority... you... lol

Quoting me some Fox News article a month after I posted on this subject is inane.
    What has changed? Has a law that was drafted then, been pulled? Did you notice a change in California, as a resident authority? What change in these couple of months, made it inane, instead of continue?

The Democrats own the House and stand to win additional power in the Senate after the DC statehood proposal. It passing the House is wondering why the home team has so many fans in the stadium.
    Now... show me California splitting being remotely closer, than passing the house... even from months ago... outside of your observation authority, what judicial action has been taken by California, that comes even close to passing the house?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Oh, so it’s that you speak for California... this is coming from authority... you... lol

What has changed? Has a law that was drafted then, been pulled? Did you notice a change in California, as a resident authority? What change in these couple of months, made it inane, instead of continue?

Now... show me California splitting being remotely closer, than passing the house... even from months ago... outside of your observation authority, what judicial action has been taken by California, that comes even close to passing the house?
    Make your own thread where you google and demand rectifying people’s opinions on what’s more likely to happen with Fox News articles. I live in the state and gave my opinion and reasons. And, lest we misunderstand ourselves too much, I think all three possibilities are incredibly unlikely to happen.

As it stands, this thread is polls and opinions about likelihood. And you’ve heard mine and why. (You don’t have to make my opinion your own). You’ve also demonstrated why continuing bickering over possibilities would be unfruitful.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Make your own thread where you google and demand rectifying people’s opinions on what’s more likely to happen with Fox News articles.
    What? I am asking you, why you think California splitting is more likely than DC becoming a state, despite only one of those trying.

I live in the state and gave my opinion and reasons. And, lest we misunderstand ourselves too much, I think all three possibilities are incredibly unlikely to happen.
    Yes, which left out DC... you said you got your impression from your social circle about California... what about DC? How did you learn that DC has less of a shot, since you can’t claim to live there as well?

As it stands, this thread is polls and opinions about likelihood. And you’ve heard mine and why. (You don’t have to make my opinion your own). You’ve also demonstrated why continuing bickering over possibilities would be unfruitful.
    Yeah it will be unfruitful... that’s my point... your expressing bias and am trying to figure out where it’s derived from, so perhaps encourage a more realistic source. You don’t live in DC and PR... right?

What? I am asking you, why you think California splitting is more likely than DC becoming a state, despite only one of those trying.

Yes, which left out DC... you said you got your impression from your social circle about California... what about DC? How did you learn that DC has less of a shot, since you can’t claim to live there as well?

Yeah it will be unfruitful... that’s my point... your expressing bias and am trying to figure out where it’s derived from, so perhaps encourage a more realistic source. You don’t live in DC and PR... right?
    You may take my reasoning in past posts to be present or more present in California, and not present or less present in DC and PR. The rest of what you state and quibble about is trying to elevate accusations of bias beyond mere difference of opinion. Usually, it would go without saying that I also think you’re biased in your evaluation of the news and dismissive or ignorant with rating various likelihoods based on the facts. So given your past comments on my posts and means of argumentation on essentially pure opinions, I think further discussion is unwarranted.

The fact is the CA state Supreme Court said nope to even putting the question on the ballot.
    While PR and DC have already progressed that far.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may take my reasoning in past posts to be present or more present in California, and not present or less present in DC and PR. The rest of what you state and quibble about is trying to elevate accusations of bias beyond mere difference of opinion. Usually, it would go without saying that I also think you’re biased in your evaluation of the news and dismissive or ignorant with rating various likelihoods based on the facts. So given your past comments on my posts and means of argumentation on essentially pure opinions, I think further discussion is unwarranted.
    Not less... based on your evidence, it’s actual none to the bold... you are not dismantling news. You presented anecdotal evidence about California, then formed an opinion without any such evidence about DC. Meaning that your assertion was based on what? Say it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The fact is the CA state Supreme Court said nope to even putting the question on the ballot.
    While PR and DC have already progressed that far.
    And even if it had been on the ballot, it would have done nothing. It still would have required the consent of both the California legislature as well as the US Congress.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Well, you would be wrong. Nazis are far right wing. And you have NO FUCKING CLUE what Nazism is, we all know that.
    hOrSeShOe ThEoRy!!!
    Putin khuliyo

DC was never meant to be a state and does not need to be a state. Party over everything. Like how Joe Biden is trying to change the definition of bipartisan.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Party over everything.
    You actually wrote this with a straight face?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    DC was never meant to be a state and does not need to be a state. Party over everything. Like how Joe Biden is trying to change the definition of bipartisan.
    There is a reason he comes and goes a lot - but it's nice to see what the Trumpkin side is trying to sell. Keeps our arguments polished at least.

Like how everything I'm quoting him on above is just an outright lie. DC needs to be a state, and "was never meant" is just an ignorant statement right out of the 3/5ths argument from the Founding Fathers.

Party over everything - it's interesting he admits the GOP strategy so blatantly.

And Joe Biden might end up being the best thing that could have happened to the United States post Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

California will almost certainly never split.

I can see D.C. and Puerto Rico becoming states, realistically they already should - but the GOP will push back forever because they don't want four new Democratic Senators. We'll need to kill the filibuster to get them statehood.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    There is a reason he comes and goes a lot - but it's nice to see what the Trumpkin side is trying to sell. Keeps our arguments polished at least.

Like how everything I'm quoting him on above is just an outright lie. DC needs to be a state, and "was never meant" is just an ignorant statement right out of the 3/5ths argument from the Founding Fathers.

Party over everything - it's interesting he admits the GOP strategy so blatantly.

And Joe Biden might end up being the best thing that could have happened to the United States post Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

California will almost certainly never split.

I can see D.C. and Puerto Rico becoming states, realistically they already should - but the GOP will push back forever because they don't want four new Democratic Senators. We'll need to kill the filibuster to get them statehood.
    Why split?

Right now they get to send their children to one of the 33 CA public universities for free. Acceptance is guaranteed for CA resident. You may not get into the top schools like Berkeley, UCLA or UCSD, but with 33 universities, they'll get in.

Sacramento subsidized their rural ambulance service. Which includes fully equipped helicopters. Ask Wyoming how their rural ambulance services are faring right now.

The state pays 360k plus benefits for the salary of full time GP in Modoc County. A County with an annual budget of around 11M. Add nurses plus all the rotating specialty doctors (like Radiologist) which are also funded by the state.

Road maintenance of State Highways 299 and 395 which are the only ways in and out of Modoc County.

In 2020, most of the wild fires in CA occurred in the so called Jeffersonian counties. Splitting would meant losing access to Cal Fire. One of the few, if not the only, fire fighting agency with its own air force.

etc. etc.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-04-28 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    California splitting into smaller states is a Conservative pipe dream along side Texas seceding. It is not going to happen anytime soon.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

Road maintenance of State Highways 299 and 395 which are the only ways in and out of Modoc County.
    So i'm guessing the State is also in charge of the only stop light in Modoc, at the intersection of 395 and 299.

Thanks Caltrans!

The land of Gubmint Paychecks?

Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-04-28 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    California splitting into smaller states is a Conservative pipe dream along side Texas seceding. It is not going to happen anytime soon.
    California splitting is only a dream if THEY get to draw the lines and gerrymander it. I’d CA was split equally by population and impartially while keeping communities together, it would be a Republican nightmare as while they might get 2 to 4 Senators out of the deal if it were split into fifths, the Democrats would get 6 to 8 and I don’t think they would pick up much in Congress either and their 2 states would end up being welfare queens while the places that are no longer being drug down by them would look even better then.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    California splitting is only a dream if THEY get to draw the lines and gerrymander it. I’d CA was split equally by population and impartially while keeping communities together, it would be a Republican nightmare as while they might get 2 to 4 Senators out of the deal if it were split into fifths, the Democrats would get 6 to 8 and I don’t think they would pick up much in Congress either and their 2 states would end up being welfare queens while the places that are no longer being drug down by them would look even better then.
    Everything south of Visalia all the way to Bakersfield would drop into serious poverty. It would definitely be a welfare state.

Especially around Bakersfield, economic segregation is very real and visible there.

A majority of business investment, jobs, new parks, homes etc are built to for the westside of Bakersfield.

While the East is ignored and has been struggling with ever growing poverty and loss of opportunities for minorities.

So split up CA would be devastating for minorities in CA bottom Central Valley.