Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Classic not same as WoW Vanilla

You guys wanted the WoW Vanilla experience for nostalgic purposes, yet you are getting wow private server experience.

The Boosting. Goldsellers making easy cash for boosting lowbies to 60 level within 3-4 days

You got raiding pugs involving another gold making strat, for you to bid on loot for gold.

I truly can say phase 1 and 2 were the best at giving me that wow vanilla exp, but now it is terrible.

All guilds are not accepting anyone anymore, as they got fully naxx geared players and now what they do is trying to "best their record time"

As I said before, those kind of things happend in wow classic private servers and the same mindset transferred to wow classic.

Overall it ain't the true vanilla experience, hope you guys get poor for buying ton of gold for irl cash

If someone really expected to have "true vanilla experience" after 15 years, he had some hard delusions.

Even if we got 100% no changes servers, it would never be like 15 years ago because playerbase changed that much, and the game itself was not new anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP salty much? im a great guild on pagle. we raid a few nights a week. im not to 60 yet as ive been taking my time over the last year leveling 2 toons. i chat wth guild and quest with guildies and run dungeons. no one is boositng for gold. some nights the geared people run a fwe lowbies like me thru stuff that is our level with ffa looting so we can get some decent drops and maybe make some cash for mount and skills on AH. im having a better time on classic than retail. seeing as i haventlogged my retail main in 5 months and im on classic toonhopping on my toons tehre every day. i think you need to look beyond the surface and maybe immerse a bit. thats what i did and its great.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    You guys wanted the WoW Vanilla experience for nostalgic purposes, yet you are getting wow private server experience.
    No. I just wanted good game and it was/is.

The Boosting. Goldsellers making easy cash for boosting lowbies to 60 level within 3-4 days
    Never used it. Does not affect me at all.

You got raiding pugs involving another gold making strat, for you to bid on loot for gold.
    Personally never been part of it but this was in the game literally since start.

I truly can say phase 1 and 2 were the best at giving me that wow vanilla exp, but now it is terrible.
    I can agree that phases 1 and 2 were best.

All guilds are not accepting anyone anymore, as they got fully naxx geared players and now what they do is trying to "best their record time"
    Not true. My guild is literally accepting like 80-90% of applicants right now.
    Just don't be toxic, have positive attitude and willing to play and your are in.

As I said before, those kind of things happend in wow classic private servers and the same mindset transferred to wow classic.
    Well... that was expected and totally not surprising at all.

Overall it ain't the true vanilla experience, hope you guys get poor for buying ton of gold for irl cash
    Never ever bought gold and never will.

You were never going to truly replicate vanilla and people who think that was going to happen were in denial.

It's funny you think that so many people are buying gold with real money. You sound salty because you aren't getting your way.

Oh well. I mean.. that's all i got to really say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by biggiy05 View Post
    You were never going to truly replicate vanilla and people who think that was going to happen were in denial.

It's funny you think that so many people are buying gold with real money. You sound salty because you aren't getting your way.
    Nah, I am just sad that I need to buy gold from third party website so that I can gear up in Phase 6 also it is sad that the gold sellers made a economy out of it. They made systems for you to spend gold so that they get your gold what you have bought from them earlier and the cycle continues.

3-4 days no with boosting they are getting to 60 in 2 days. But I'm currently lvl hunter I played few days in phase 1, and only started again now on a new server there is a lot of players playing easy to get into dungeons mage boosting is not affecting me the slightest. I don't believe you that you can't find guild that won't recruit fresh players but if you are trying to join a guild that has naxx already on farm I understand they won't invite you, find a guild with similar gear as you do and enjoy the rest of vanilla.

You can get pretty close to the "vanilla experience" if you join a guild and ignore all the weird stuff happening in /2. Just like I did in vanilla.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    be careful with this topic, mostly booster reply with toxicity
    and of course blizz bots that will contruct another thread agenda, gaslighting your thread
    good luck
    Last edited by froschhure; 2022-09-08 at 11:38 PM.

buddy of mine bought a HWL priest with a epic mount (white raptor) back in Vanilla for $1,000

and he would always buy gold.

the difference is the min / maxing shit

Bro...you litterally just described every game ever today in 2021 vs 2005 community. No game would play like we did in 2005. We all learn, improve and get better - Especially in online social games where meta and flexing matters. You don't wanna suck in MMO's among your friends or in pugs, you just let others down and annoy people. I remember when I just hit 60 on my warrior, still learning to tank with bad gear, not quit understanding that furyprot was not the way to go for 5 mans/what content I did, and that coupeled with some horrible pug groups litterally made me angry, but I learned and moved on.

Blizzard cant do anything about that, neither should they imo. Let players figure out what to do in the game, but okay...If something is broken blizzard needs to fix that...I hate world buff's in classic, so would love if it was removed tbh.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2021-04-01 at 10:33 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

There are still normal or "old school" players / guild but yes indeed Classic =/= Vanilla. P1/2 were best and overall for me Vanilla was much better than Classic. The pacing was much better. Classic was rushed (both by Blizzard and by us) and feels like Vanilla but played by Fortnite / FPS gamers.

I had a great time playing it though. Nice memories and crossed path with proper decent human beings as well. I had my fair share of scumlords as well on that path though. But the drama is part of the pure MMO experience I guess ^^
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2021-04-02 at 01:17 AM.

You're about a year and a half late with this whiny rant post, OP.

Oh, and

All guilds are not accepting anyone anymore
    Bull fucking shit. A casual glance over my server discord's guild recruitment channel shows easily 20+ guilds that have made a recruitment post in the past 7 days.
    Stop being lazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Coming from someone who did actually play CLASSIC vanilla wow, OP isn't wrong. The game is NOTHING like it was then. World buffs have risen to this absurd height of popularity, in a way that is NOTHING and I mean *nothing* like vanilla. It was NOT a thing, people were not selling summons to dire maul for 15g on a MINUTE basis and requiring world buffs for raids, etc. It just didn't happen. And I don't care what anyone says, I was there lol. Cleared up to 2 wings in naxx40 before TBC launched and literally never got a world buff once.

It's toxic af, honestly, and I'm so glad they're doing away with it in TBC by having WB's wiped in raids.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive played till half of phase 5. It was really fun. But after ppl mostly raid loggin. Communities were quite closed spaces. My guild get disbaned. Almost no one was leveling on the server. Only mage boosters all around. 1-4 phase was really great. It taste a bit vanilla but after taste like dead private server :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys wanted the WoW Vanilla experience for nostalgic purposes
    I got that in phase 1 while everyone was leveling. Unlike you, I'm happy enough with that. It's a shame that the endgame has attracted far worse people than private servers ever had, but given how poor vanilla endgame is (besides Naxx) I don't mind that very much because I've already gotten what I wanted out of classic vanilla.

Gaming as a whole has evolved, and so have the people who engage in it. 12 years ago I was leading raids in ICC25HC, yet now I can't stand most raid leaders even though they're being fair and acting exactly the way I was back then, and I'm okay with that. That's probably why I didn't have lofty expectations of classic vanilla and could still enjoy it at my pace. Most likely that will be harder in BC with the heavier focus on the endgame, but even if I just get to 70, get a few attunements and then quit I know I'll be happy at the end of the day.

Having said that, yeah, I actually agree with the feeling that the community is closed off and guilds are hardly recruiting anymore. I'm on Alliance on the highest populated EU PvE server, yet even most social guilds have gone silent. The same goes with encountering people leveling out in the wild. Makes me wonder if the brief pre-BC population surge that many are talking about is mostly only happening in the US.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2021-04-02 at 09:03 AM.

It is the old game with the 2021 community imported.
    It won’t be the same, ever

The best you can do is create a guild of likeminded people and try to build the community you want to see.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean Vanilla WoW had all those things. Not on the scale that Classic does because more people are better at the game now than when it was new over a decade and a half ago, but it still had all those things.

Unless everyone completely forgot how to play WoW you'd never get an exact copy of the vanilla WoW experience.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

7+ Year Old Account

you literally cant capture the vanilla wow experience, cause it was new for everyone, now its 15 years old and people have metagamed the shit outta it for 15 years, and the internet community has changed, so no matter what you will never capture that vanilla experience.

the only possible way would be to get some people who have never played games before, lock them up somewhere with little to no internet acsess, and get them to play wow, build up new players who have never played before, and without access to the insane data we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content