Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Purchasing someone a gift month of WoW especially when he told me I can pay him back for it with gold when I had it isn't really being gifted an entire sub but ok. And what do you want me to do? Screenshot the suspension length and post it? I have no reason to lie. The suspension ends March 9th, 2023.
    You don't play the AH so I'm curious what you do in your 2-3 hours of wow a day that gets you enough gold to never pay for a sub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    You don't play the AH so I'm curious what you do in your 2-3 hours of wow a day that gets you enough gold to never pay for a sub.
    He turns on his godlike BoE RNG, obviously.

Ye, we had people here lying about not being able to gear up due to new drop rate, while actually being 220+ but equipping lower lvl gear just to support their bullshit theory. Lying about being falsely banned is soooo much more common and ooooold. Some users just like to stir shit up, and it's so obvious.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Forgive me for the disbelief..but

1. This is MMO champion..people have lied for less
    2. Maybe it's just me but..If I not only dislike but HATE a game enough to uninstall it..especially one that's well over 100GB I'm not about to redownload and reinstall it.
    I told him no at first. But due to covid-19 we don't really get to do anything together anymore, something he pointed out. I told him fine after he offered the month of game time. I like making my friends happy even if it means playing a game I'm not a fan of. Once again, I have literally no reason to lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Typically do my daily/weekly quests, world quests, and some gathering to sell mats. I'll do this on 2 characters before logging out. I make my gold off selling ore and herbs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I told him no at first. But due to covid-19 we don't really get to do anything together anymore, something he pointed out. I told him fine after he offered the month of game time. I like making my friends happy even if it means playing a game I'm not a fan of. Once again, I have literally no reason to lie.
    Yes you do. You clearly hate the game, seeing your post history. That's more then enough reason for some less stable and more spiteful people to spew lies on forums, and it happened for years. You are not the first one trying this, and your story is not even half good as others. I know that pandemic makes people bored, but maybe find something more productive to do in the spare time.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Well... given you were in my ignore list, i imagine there was good reason.

Silver linings though. Many other things and games to enjoy out there.
    I kind of wish i could drop WoW and focus on other games i like more, but i'm too invested now. I will re-evaluate in the last tier of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrfuture View Post
    They ban people for griefing too, have yo tried to kill multiple time in a row people in open world, camping them? Or preventing them to finish their quest, like the explosive mawrats quest where some people kill the mawrat to prevent others to complete it? this kind of thing maybe. Disruptive play is very broad you know, instead of proof you should ask them to be more precise as you do not understand what you did wrong.
    Nobody has and nobody will ever get a ban for camping someone in WoW.

"Game Masters will not address situations where you are repeatedly killed by the opposite faction. This includes situations that may be considered dishonorable such as corpse camping or killing players well below your level."

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been playing WoW for 12 years, roughly. I've been in pretty good standing as far as infractions go. My last suspension was in April of 2018 for "disruptive gameplay" for two weeks but I was never told exactly what I did. I appealed it and was given vague information and told that the suspension would not be altered or overturned. Whatever, a suspension sucks but I went through the proper channels and got brushed off.

I was once again hit with disruptive gameplay on Wednesday. No idea why because I don't bot. I don't use exploits. Hell, I mostly play the game solo and don't talk much in chats when I use matchmaking. The most insane part? It is a two YEAR suspension. I appealed it immediately and was told the suspension would not be altered and that all future appeals/tickets will not be responded to. I was given absolutely no information as to why I was being accused of "disruptive gameplay". I have absolutely no idea what could have triggered this. Apparently, a few other people have been hit with similar egregious suspensions recently.

What pisses me off is they didn't even tell me what I did. That's utter incompetence. I immediately uninstalled all Blizzard products and canceled my sub. Has anyone else experienced anything similar lately?
    You dont get a 2 year suspension for a first or minor infraction. There is plenty that is being left out of your story.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He turns on his godlike BoE RNG, obviously.

Ye, we had people here lying about not being able to gear up due to new drop rate, while actually being 220+ but equipping lower lvl gear just to support their bullshit theory. Lying about being falsely banned is soooo much more common and ooooold. Some users just like to stir shit up, and it's so obvious.
    Why would I even lie about my suspension? It doesn't benefit me at all. Tell me how to post a screenshot I took of proof of my massive suspension length and I'll post it. Because I honestly don't know how to post a picture file on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You dont get a 2 year suspension for a first or minor infraction. There is plenty that is being left out of your story.
    ...Nothing was left out. I literally stated when my last suspension was in what you just quoted. Maybe read the whole thing instead of skimming.

...Nothing was left out. I literally stated when my last suspension was in what you just quoted. Maybe read the whole thing instead of skimming.
    you've also been here long enough to know how these threads go

10+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly, I downloaded FF14 and started playing that today. Kinda wish I started playing it sooner lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I reinstalled because a friend asked me to because he wanted me to raid with him. He even gifted me a month of WoW time. And then this shit happened.
    Here's a hint... Dont go to FF14 and behave like you did in Wow. GMs there wont put up with it.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    you've also been here long enough to know how these threads go
    I made this thread to see if anyone has experienced anything similar when it comes to suspension lengths. And everyone has just ignored that part of the initial post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am truly sorry, I dont believe you, you dont just get a 2 year suspension out of the blue for nothing. Complaining about your suspension length means nothing when in times past you would have permanently banned.

5+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly, I downloaded FF14 and started playing that today. Kinda wish I started playing it sooner lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to Eorzea! Picked a pretty good time for it. Patch info live stream comes on the second, 5.5 comes on the 13th. Second batch of expansion info comes in May. Expansion wait might be longer than usual, but it will come out this fall.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay!
    If not, for some reason, there is always GW2 and TESO.

Here's a hint... Dont go to FF14 and behave like you did in Wow. GMs there wont put up with it.
    First of all, I can't really avoid certain behavior if I'm not even told what I did wrong. Second of all, you have never played WoW with me so you are making a pretty baseless accusation in saying not to go to ff14 and behave like I did in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Welcome to Eorzea! Picked a pretty good time for it. Patch info live stream comes on the second, 5.5 comes on the 13th. Second batch of expansion info comes in May. Expansion wait might be longer than usual, but it will come out this fall.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay!
    If not, for some reason, there is always GW2 and TESO.
    I'm honestly having a blast playing FF14. I'm still learning how to play the game but the combat is super dynamic and I love that.

- - - Updated - - -

I am truly sorry, I dont believe you, you dont just get a 2 year suspension out of the blue for nothing. Complaining about your suspension length means nothing when in times past you would have permanently banned.
    If there was a concrete reason, why would the GM refuse to tell me WHY I was banned? I wasn't told what I was doing that qualified as disruptive gameplay.

I made this thread to see if anyone has experienced anything similar when it comes to suspension lengths. And everyone has just ignored that part of the initial post.
    I'm pretty sure people would have piped up if they knew about it happening in other instances. There should also be quite a few threads about it on the forums.

The fact that this is the first time most people heard about a ban of this length in general, and in particular coming out of nothing, indicates that you are either extremely unlucky, or the first in a row of similar bans, or, most likely, not giving the whole story straight.

5+ Year Old Account

I'm honestly having a blast playing FF14. I'm still learning how to play the game but the combat is super dynamic and I love that.

Is it still? That's great. Some abilities were pruned since I leveled my classes so I don't really know how the earliest levels go. I often plan to do an alt just to check it out, but I have always something better to do on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I can't really avoid certain behavior if I'm not even told what I did wrong. Second of all, you have never played WoW with me so you are making a pretty baseless accusation in saying not to go to ff14 and behave like I did in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If there was a concrete reason, why would the GM refuse to tell me WHY I was banned? I wasn't told what I was doing that qualified as disruptive gameplay.

Look, I'm really sorry you got yourself suspended for a long time from a game you claim to utterly hate. I am going to tell you from firsthand experience that the FF14 GMs dont take BS and they can and will ban you for far far far less than what it takes for you to get a sternly worded message from a Wow GM. What you do with the advice is up to you. Heed it, dont heed it, it matters not.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    I did nothing wrong. I just insulted people in every group I joined and exploited some instant respawn points etc.

Yeah, I'm not buying it that you did nothing wrong.
    You know how many infractions all my friends and I have in 15 years? Zero. I doubt you get banned for nothing.

I got banned but did nothing wrong threads are pretty common. In the end the OP usually remembers that he might have hacked the game sometimes but only on Sundays.
    Once I got banned for "using speed hack" It was around 2012 weird part is the suspension was only for 3 days apparently the GM himself saw me running with the speed hack in a random battleground.

you may say 3 days ain't much but it was a false ban, it frustrated me knowing I didn't do anything wrong, I kept opening tickets multiple times over the past few years until they finally apologised by giving me free gametime.

Also, a friend of mine and his whole Rated BG team got their accounts permanently closed during legion, he appealed and guess what? they mistook their accounts for win trading. just because he randomly got matched with win traders multiple times.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Once I got banned for "using speed hack" It was around 2012 weird part is the suspension was only for 3 days apparently the GM himself saw me running with the speed hack in a random battleground.

you may say 3 days ain't much but it was a false ban, it frustrated me knowing I didn't do anything wrong, I kept opening tickets multiple times over the past few years until they finally apologised by giving me free gametime.

Also, a friend of mine and his whole Rated BG team got their accounts permanently closed during legion, he appealed and guess what? they mistook their accounts for win trading. just because he randomly got matched with win traders multiple times.
    If I was able to send them more tickets on the matter, I would. But now they just close whatever ticket I send out on the subject without saying anything to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    people post stories about getting in trouble here all the time and they always say they didn't do anything wrong, and funnily enough, also never provide proof of the claim. people here aren't very amenable to these stories.
    You literally can't prove a negative..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.