Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Do you have faction pride or not ?

Do you have faction pride or not ?
    Last edited by Mourneblade; 2021-05-12 at 07:08 PM.

I've never cared for either the Horde or the Alliance. Only individual races within each faction that - sadly - are forced to behave against their own interests due to an outdated and needlessly strict faction based model.

No, I have racial pride for my favourite race, the Ren'dorei (Children of the Void).
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    More pride for individual races rather than the factions as a whole, honestly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian Police! Yes! I have very much respect and pride for them. Maintaining Order in Shadowlands. Staying hydrated to get those Arcane spells going. I'm in a such happy place. Today I've hooked up my steward Haka with Popo on their first date, with controlled safety measurements, because Order has to be maintained! Alliance and Horde? Naah, but I am a bit tied to Alliance because of the Kirin Tor, Khadgar and my dwarven friends: Branzen and Magni.

Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-04-30 at 09:49 AM.

Na, its cringe AF.

Every other expansion we go from working together to defeat the ultimate evil to safe the world to faction battle. I'm bored. Just let the two factions group together and stop the Alliance population from dying out completely.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I didn't even really have guild pride, let alone faction pride, unless I am misremembering everything. My only real loyalty was towards individuals I liked, and if they all quit or left the guild, I followed soon after, either going to another guild or unsubbing. I guess I liked individual characters at times; that was the closest I came to "faction pride".
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Nah, my preference is entirely down to aesthetics.

Death to the alliance scum!

I never had faction pride, because I'm a functioning adult. I played the faction/races I wanted to because I liked their look and story, sadly limited by my friend's choice of faction. I never ascribed anything more to that.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-04-29 at 08:30 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I have faction pride for the alliance while myself playing horde.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    More pride for individual races rather than the factions as a whole, honestly.
    Likewise. Tauren pride, could care less about any other race in the Horde. All my level 60 chars areTauren or HMTauren

7+ Year Old Account
    Faction pride is one of the most pathetic things ever.

After BfA, not really. Horde's been turned from a slightly dysfunctional family of outcasts into a group of gullible idiots who go along with whatever any leader points them towards, good or bad. Alliance's complete lack of proactivity and adherence to a teenager with a hereditary military position has made them all seem just totally inept and incapable of interesting story, but maybe 10.0 will change that.

I have much more pride in individual races and their stories, even despite how much BfA tried to beat those down too.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I never had faction pride, because I'm a functioning adult. I played the faction/races I wanted to because I liked their look and story, sadly limited by my friend's choice of faction. I never ascribed anything more to that.
    Nailed it.....

7+ Year Old Account
    I have some faction pride, but mostly with the fact that the Horde and its outcast races survived against the odds. But Sylvanas was never my warchief, Thrall and Vol'jin was.

I have a handful of Alliance characters but I have never stuck with them. The Alliance just isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Na, its cringe AF.
    I am fine with people enjoying the game however they want, but yes, tbh, I find it pretty.......childish. Heavily favoring one faction over the other? Fine. Hating the other faction? Fine. Having PRIDE in a purely fictional "faction" is very strange to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the beginning of WoW, I maybe had some preference in my race though not my faction. Not so much pride, just preference. But with the years that have gone by and how each faction/race has been treated by Blizz, that is pretty much now all dead in the water. At this point, I feel a slight connection to my class whereas my race makes no difference at all.

I was never a fan of it. The closest I've gotten into it was during vanilla, back when you had a lot of world PvP and occasionaly did a capital city raid. Nowadays I can hardly even recognise the Horde anymore with the way they have been handled, and the Alliance remain this bland and extremely generic good guy faction with nothing going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racial pride for me..

Kul Tiran, Gilnean, Dwarf, Blood Elf, Tauren, Goblin, and Pandaren for the win for me..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..