Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    gathering node quantities: you mean, like, scaling spawn rates with population? they did do some of that, but making it truly dynamic would be not part of the vanilla experience, imho
    it would not be? for me, the vanilla experience was "enough" nodes per population, at least more than nowadays. technically, that may be not like it was in vanilla, but it would construct a much more authentic vanilla experience than it has been done
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post

With all the fuss and discussion about a better expansion, I'd like to point out several objectives that the developers have fully failed to address:

• Battleground designs (AV Horde favored map design, WSG terrain exploits and safe spots)
    • Botting that's so rampant and blatant people don't bother reporting anymore
    • Gathering node quantities in relation to server populations
    • Server populations in general (dozens of completely dead and single-faction servers)
    • Staging of phases and events (Naxxramas timing, scourge invasions not ending, world event timings)

These things used to be addressed with a dialogue between the player base and developers. This tradition that made WoW successful in the first place is gone now. Irrational changes to the drums are another fine example of chaotic development of a product the developers have lost their interest in.

Don't get your hopes up for TBC. The Classic "developers" have proven to be completely ignorant to community feedback and utterly clueless to what's going on in game.
    No one important carea.

The botting issue really is saddening to see. I imagine that just a handful of employees could do a bunch to counter the issue, if they wanted to. It feels obvious that they don't.

Classic doesn't have developers. It's run by the marketing team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What exactly were FOTM classes? tBC was a peak idea of "bring the class, not the player" where many specs brought some unique buff/debuff.
    If you're a rogue or F. warrior competing with a hunter, you'll understand. Dealing half the damage of a hunter spamming 1 button is frustrating at best. (yes I know the old macro wont work, but people have already made a new one that works in beta)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No one important carea.
    ... because nobody is important?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yall wanted no changes
    You get no changes
    People wanted no changes because there was a belief that as soon as Blizzard would start doing some good fixes, they would instantly slide doing out-of-scope things like selling boosts, store mounts or the token.

I guess the joke was that Blizzard would do these anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    People wanted no changes because there was a belief that as soon as Blizzard would start doing some good fixes, they would instantly slide doing out-of-scope things like selling boosts, store mounts or the token.

I guess the joke was that Blizzard would do these anyway.
    They still haven't really made any good changes....

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    Hey, I agree they probably could have(and likely did!) increase the spawn *rate*. But dynamic spawns like you saw in later expansions based on pick rate? No, probably not.
    I mean, quest mobs had dynamic respawns. Why not gathering nodes too? It makes no sense at all to increase the population by 4-5x but keep the gathering respawn rate at 1x.

Has been said a billion times, but seriously, dead effing serious, who on earth actually believed there will be any significant game development for these classic releases? How delusional are people?
    And now is the time to go full retard how they did the spell batching and whatnot which count as SW patches rather than game development.