Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've been trying to forget this bit, because its something else I cannot fathom lol

Do 74m people secretly (or not so secretly) really want to be whatever passes for a Republican these days?

Then again, there were those people wearing the "Rather be Russian than a Democrat" t-shirts, weren't there....
    I think a large part of it is that they are so genuinely terrified of the phantom liberal bogeymen they’ve been told to fear by right wing squawkboxes that they’ll just accept whatever republican candidate promises to spare them from it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-05-09 at 08:43 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think a large part of it is that they are so genuinely terrified of the phantom liberal bogeymen they’ve been told to fear by right wing squawkboxes that they’ll just accept whatever republican candidate promises to spare them from it.
    It wouldn't surprise me if "the Democrats want to murder babies in the womb!!!" is a huge part of the motivation for voting (R) regardless of how garbage those candidates are.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if "the Democrats want to murder babies in the womb!!!" is a huge part of the motivation for voting (R) regardless of how garbage those candidates are.
    Oh believe me it is. I know quite a few women who believe this and it's the only reason they republican despite every other social and economic principle they hold align with Dems through progressives. They literally believe that Democrats want to murder unborn babies. It's fucking bizarre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Oh believe me it is. I know quite a few women who believe this and it's the only reason they republican despite every other social and economic principle they hold align with Dems through progressives. They literally believe that Democrats want to murder unborn babies. It's fucking bizarre.
    It's too bizarre.

That to me immediately screams "I have other reasons for voting this way but I know better than to actually express them because they're even more horrible than this obvious lie".

If you're so completely out to lunch on an extremist point of view like that, I doubt it's the only brutally extremist viewpoint you hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "I have other reasons for voting this way but I know better than to actually express them because they're even more horrible than this obvious lie"
    Which, mirrored in this thread, is like saying "I'd rather tell you the underaged girl was almost legal age so you forget about the prostittution and trafficking".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/11/polit...ses/index.html

And the feds are looking to flip his ex-girlfriend intern now as well. Don't date people you work with, it's usually a bad idea, especially if you're engaged in some legally questionable behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/4-wome...em-to-have-sex

Multiple women paid by Rep. Matt Gaetz’s wingman and close associate Joel Greenberg claim they felt pressured to do drugs and have sex with him.

Twelve women agreed to talk with The Daily Beast about their experiences with Greenberg and his friends under the condition of anonymity. All of them said it was their understanding that Greenberg—who until his indictment last June served as the elected tax collector for Seminole County, Florida—was paying them at least in part for sex, going as far back as 2013. Ten women told The Daily Beast they felt pressure at one time or another to drink or take drugs as an entree to sex. And all 12 said Greenberg encouraged them to invite friends, either for himself or men he knew.

None of the women The Daily Beast talked to used the phrase “sexual assault” in their interviews, and the encounters seemed to cover a spectrum of experiences. Some women described platonic encounters where they still got paid. Others relayed that they had consensual sex for money. But some characterized their experiences as a trauma, and four women said Greenberg pressured them them to have sex—with one recounting that she had sex with Greenberg and another woman after being plied with “an endless supply of drugs.”

“I was under the influence of so many drugs,” this one woman said. “I would not have agreed to the other woman being there. I wasn’t really in a position to say I didn’t want to do this. I wasn’t in my right mind. I was in over my head and it was kind of scary.”
    So that none of the women described rape or sexual assault is good, but that there was pressure to do drugs, and that they then were pressured into sex while on those drugs and not necessarily able to make informed decisions is like, gross and awful and terrible.

If this is all true, and it sure seems trending that way, I hope Greenberg and Gaetz go to prison for a long, long time. There's no way Gaetz was unaware of all of this, especially with his own alleged recreational drug use. And I'm not talking about weed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...a01_story.html

A Florida politician who is central to the investigation into Rep. Matt Gaetz for possible sex trafficking of a minor signaled Thursday that he will plead guilty in his own federal case, a court entry shows, a troubling development for the congressman as it suggests prosecutors have secured a potentially important witness against him.
    I guess Matt is about to Gaetz fucked.

sorrynotsorry

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...a01_story.html
    A Florida politician who is central to the investigation into Rep. Matt Gaetz for possible sex trafficking of a minor signaled Thursday that he will plead guilty in his own federal case, a court entry shows, a troubling development for the congressman as it suggests prosecutors have secured a potentially important witness against him.
    I guess Matt is about to Gaetz fucked.

sorrynotsorry
    Fan-fucking-tastic. That pretty boy is going to get corn-holed. I wonder if he's going to be stupid enough to take it to trial. God I hope so - gets him a perjury conviction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fan-fucking-tastic. That pretty boy is going to get corn-holed. I wonder if he's going to be stupid enough to take it to trial. God I hope so - gets him a perjury conviction as well.
    I am hoping he tries to flip and give them information on even bigger stuff or more of them.

With how much he clung to Trump like an anglerfish, can see him as being one of the lesser offenders.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If he’s pleading guilty he has either run out of money for his legal defense or is flipping.
    I'm imagining, if the reports of the evidence and his confession note are remotely accurate, he's just hoping he doesn't die in jail.

If he’s pleading guilty he has either run out of money for his legal defense or is flipping.
    Was talking about Gaetz himself. See him try and make a deal to save himself.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A Florida politician
    It's Greenberg.

I dunno who he’d flip on.
    DeSantis……?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Was talking about Gaetz himself. See him try and make a deal to save himself.
    I dunno who he’d flip on.
    I agree with Scoobs. Unless Gaetz was at a pay-to-rape-a-child party that just happened to be attended by Putin, Trump, Clinton, Biden, or Oprah, and also has proof, Gaetz is the end boss of this little game. And no, not even Trump would be there. He prefers other people's wives and occasionally his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I agree with Scoobs. Unless Gaetz was at a pay-to-rape-a-child party that just happened to be attended by Putin, Trump, Clinton, Biden, or Oprah, and also has proof, Gaetz is the end boss of this little game. And no, not even Trump would be there. He prefers other people's wives and occasionally his own.
    Was thinking more along the lines of him having stuff on others in unrelated crimes. Could see him being a part in several illegal things given all that he was around during his time.

When it comes to this, unless he was somehow involved with Epstein, yeah, he is the end in this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was thinking more along the lines of him having stuff on others in unrelated crimes.
    Oh...yeah, I suppose that's possible. I mean, once you get to the point where you're personally engaging in sex trafficking, prostitution, drugs and child rape, throwing in fraud or bribery shouldn't surprise anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh...yeah, I suppose that's possible. I mean, once you get to the point where you're personally engaging in sex trafficking, prostitution, drugs and child rape, throwing in fraud or bribery shouldn't surprise anyone.
    And to see him with more knowledge about them intentionally running spoiler candidates or other such things to get power and just how illegal or how far it went knowingly. How much could he leverage that for leniency?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping he tries to flip and give them information on even bigger stuff or more of them.

With how much he clung to Trump like an anglerfish, can see him as being one of the lesser offenders.
    I don't see an existing Member of Congress facing sex trafficking charges as someone they would flip - he seems to be a good catch. Now, if for some reason, he can deliver unbelievable information on Trump, then maybe...but given Gaetz was refused a pardon when he blatantly requested one, I doubt he has any good info.

What does he have on DeSantis? Dude’s a congressman, not a state rep.
    Dunno, outside looking in it all seems like a GOP frathouse down there.

I'm pretty sure if Gaetz has anything on anyone, his lawyer is already fielding offers.