Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Great idea, someone quits because they find that gearing is currently bad and the content isn't engaging and they get the response "Uh actually you don't have an active account right of this moment so your analysis of gearing and world quests is clearly useless. Sub if you want to discuss that." /sarcasm

No dreadful idea.
    You'd clearly be able to see from the linked account that they tried the content at some point. This would be so you can avoid the "gearing is currently bad and the content is not engaging" comments from people that are level 50.

I wouldn't trust this site not to monetize any bnet data i would have to share.

Imagine how many crazy stalkers people would get on here , I mean just look at the threads where people post pics of themselves, you can feel the thirst in the air on some of the comments ....now add the fact they could find them on wow too .....ugh creep fest 500

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    But I can handle them, I handle them by ignoring the useless ones like yours LOL. If I could easily see people who don't even play the game but want to share their opinion, that would be fantastic, because I don't care about these. You are like those creepy guys who can't let go off of their ex they left 10 years ago, and just won't shut up about it either. Nobody cares why you don't like the game anymore.

"Ignoring ones like yours"

And yet you've replied to every single one.

PS: Nice ad hominem, broheim. Really solidifies how much of a tool you are.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2021-04-02 at 03:03 PM.

That is one dumb idea, IMO.

I shouldn't have to be actually paying Blizzard to be able to post in a third party fan forum website. We should still be able to voice our opinion about Blizzard and the game even if we're not currently subscribed. You want your WoW character linked to your posting account? The official forums are that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, that is what the official forums are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... fuck no... don't give the weirdos on mmo-champion tools to harass people...
    LOL I was going to say this is a good idea before seeing this post. But here is the question how are they going to know who you are by your character in wow, unless you used a name in wow you use to socialize online?

Be kind of hard to harass someone on a wow server anyways from here.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Hey guys. Anyone else think MMOC should require that you link your character to your profile to post in the WoW section? Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play. Or they talk about specific content they've never even done. I think it would really help to know who to take actual advice from. Would add some weight to their opinions.
    Would be no different than the official forums with people posting on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    wtf... ellieg wants you to have to link your character... how would they not know it if you would have to link it?

people already harass others in-game for posting on the official wow forums... people would do it from here too...
    Yeah your character, my character isn't linked to me in any way in the real world, I don't have any accounts or anything else similar, as far as harassment through WoW. I've never had anything like that happen and anyone I don't want to interact with I always have tools to block them.

As far as MMOC harassment could be a think but again block if an option here too, and against the rules depending on who is moderating and whom is being harassed.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Hey guys. Anyone else think MMOC should require that you link your character to your profile to post in the WoW section? Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play. Or they talk about specific content they've never even done. I think it would really help to know who to take actual advice from. Would add some weight to their opinions.
    Why? If you want to talk to players that are actively subbed, then go to the official forums. I can't see how you can even be bothered by such a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I've seen a lot people posting positive things about Shadowlands who don't play either.

If you want to understand the real weight of anyone's opinion, keep an open mind, try it yourself and see if it matches what you were told. Anything else is irrelevant.

The same goes for movie reviewers...they all see the movie, but you want to find a reviewer who's tastes matches yours.

Erm... why? Did someone own you in an argument or something and the only way you feel you can get retribution is by armory policing them?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That is one dumb idea, IMO.

I shouldn't have to be actually paying Blizzard to be able to post in a third party fan forum website. We should still be able to voice our opinion about Blizzard and the game even if we're not currently subscribed. You want your WoW character linked to your posting account? The official forums are that way.
    You wouldn't have to pay blizz to post here, it would make other people able to check if you actually, for example, did thorgast or not before posting here "thorgast is the thrashest content in the game LUL".

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    You wouldn't have to pay blizz to post here, it would make other people able to check if you actually, for example, did thorgast or not before posting here "thorgast is the thrashest content in the game LUL".
    And why exactly would you want to do that shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd clearly be able to see from the linked account that they tried the content at some point. This would be so you can avoid the "gearing is currently bad and the content is not engaging" comments from people that are level 50.
    I mean you said in your own words:
    "Seen a lot of people posting about shadowlands but then come to find out they don't even play."
    Wouldn't someone who has quit fit that criteria?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And why exactly would you want to do that shit?
    Because it would be easy to determine if someone's opinion is experience based or if he just pulled it out from his ass. It's not up to a debate that ppl on the internet talk shit of stuff just because they have the mood or because they are just "angry at the game".

P.S: i don't actually care much because i developed a sense to not answer random shittalkers and bait threads.

Because it would be easy to determine if someone's opinion is experience based or if he just pulled it out from his ass.
    And you don't see how pathetic and childish armory policing makes one look? No one's getting "owned" by doing that, other than the person doing it.

To link MMO-C to my WoW account and character, I would have to actually be able to log into WoW and WoW's website. And you cannot do that without a standing subscription. Hence: "have to pay Blizzard to post here."

Not to mention: "having X and/or Y achievement" means nothing, really. I could pay gold to get AOTC, and even CE, or get into high PvP ranks.

Look at all these neckbeards worried about being exposed for complaining about content they've never seen. You don't need to check their armories to know that 99% of these opinions are worthless. Just leave MMO champ forums as they are - a complete cesspool. If you want actual opinions then go to your class discord.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And you don't see how pathetic and childish armory policing makes one look? No one's getting "owned" by doing that, other than the person doing it.
    Idk why are you talking about "policing" or "owning the other". It would literally look like this: Someone says "wow shadowlands is unplayable, arenas is in its worst state, literally unenjoyable" -> you look at his armory and check that he played 18 arena games this season-> its obvious that someone playing 18 games cannot be able to determine the state of pvp -> don't need to argue with it