Party sync makes low level BGs unbearable

I don’t understand why its possible to party sync and que for low level PVP with a max level character. I love when even synced characters have 1.5-2x my health and do 3x my damage. I was just at a level 50 BG where a sub rogue had 17K hp and was 200k up in damage than everyone else (Average HP in that bracket is 9-12k…)
    Why does blizzard let people exploit the party sync system to purposely ruin others game experience like this?

Blizzard team 5head

I agree with this.
    Party sync should not be available for PvP.

I didnt even know this was possible

the problem isn't that they can sync, it's that the scaling is absolutely atrocious at times. if they can actually get around to fixing the scaling then you'll barely even notice that there is a high level scaled down... in the meantime your best bet is to keep bug reporting it, post on Blizz forums (especially if you're in US where there's a slightly higher chance of an actual developer hearing about the complaint) and swear profusely whenever you encounter a badly scaled kill machine

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    I didnt even know this was possible
    Yep its being abused in low level BGs, if you're getting dumpstered in any non 60 BG take a look at the skills and HP pools of the people killing you. 90% chance its a level 60

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    the problem isn't that they can sync, it's that the scaling is absolutely atrocious at times. if they can actually get around to fixing the scaling then you'll barely even notice that there is a high level scaled down... in the meantime your best bet is to keep bug reporting it, post on Blizz forums (especially if you're in US where there's a slightly higher chance of an actual developer hearing about the complaint) and swear profusely whenever you encounter a badly scaled kill machine
    Until Blizzard can get their head out of their ass and fix scaling (which is unlikely seeing the absolute dumpster fire that is 60 PVP balance) sync should be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Until Blizzard can get their head out of their ass and fix scaling (which is unlikely seeing the absolute dumpster fire that is 60 PVP balance) sync should be disabled.
    definitely, it's just a shame that it's more likely to be another in a long list of things removed instead of fixed. assuming they take any action at all

I don’t understand why its possible to party sync and que for low level PVP with a max level character. I love when even synced characters have 1.5-2x my health and do 3x my damage. I was just at a level 50 BG where a sub rogue had 17K hp and was 200k up in damage than everyone else (Average HP in that bracket is 9-12k…)
    Why does blizzard let people exploit the party sync system to purposely ruin others game experience like this?

Blizzard team 5head
    Because they can't roflstomp at max level, so they have to find other ways to roflstomp.

This feels just like how "Twinking" was through classic - Cata.

Just get the best gear, do more dmg and kill people.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

PvP Templates would kill this, and twinks, and so many other issues, while also putting an emphasis of skill over gear.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

just put max level synched characters together with the exp locked characters for queueing purposes.

i imagine the scaling issue is mostly caused by characters which who have non-average gear, which typically is only max level characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Party sync should not be available for PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

else (Average HP in that bracket is 9-12k…)

Eh, I've been having great fun playing with my lower level friends. Mostly on slightly higher alts and sometimes on my main. In any case, even my main was never much if at all more powerful than the rest of the participants.

On that front, party sync is awesome. Playing with your low level friends and taking a break from covenant abilities!

The downside are the few people that somehow abuse the system by using items that scale weirdly and entering with pots/whatever buffs they can find. Perhaps it's also just very highly geared players at max level, don't know.
    Hasn't been the case too often, though. Even then, I could always put up a fight so far. It's not as bad as twinks ever were.

(It is a problem and should get adressed but not by removing the entire feature)

If it was level 50 and has 17k hp that’s probably a BFA locked account. Even a level 60 player playing at level 50 doesn’t have 17khp. My mage is Heatful, and has all ilvl 130 BFA gear. You pretty much one shot anyone other than other twinks. There’s quiet a few of us that just play these locked accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard team 5head
    If it was level 50 and has 17k hp that’s probably a BFA locked account. Even a level 60 player playing at level 50 doesn’t have 17khp. My mage is Heatful, and has all ilvl 130 BFA gear. You pretty much one shot anyone other than other twinks. There’s quiet a few of us that just play these locked accounts.

Blizzard team 5head
    I think this may have been done to accommodate to twinks. They deserve to PVP too.

I mean think about it. Imagine being so completely bad at PVP that no matter how hard you play, you lose. Imagine that you need to engage in that kind of PVP in order to win/succeed. That's not very fun and that's how they feel.

So instead of getting frustrated, show some compassion for these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    PvP Templates would kill this, and twinks, and so many other issues, while also putting an emphasis of skill over gear.
    we had templates and people cried rivers of blood, lmao.

pvpers don't want fair fights, they want to be the winners.

That must be some strange interaction with pvp scaling.

If you party sync your stats already are templated, and all enchants are disabled. You can even switch out an int trinket for an agi trinket, or trade haste for crit on an item and yet your actual character stats won't change, completely independent from the itemlevel of the gear. So apart from being max level in the appropriate bracket and having access to all appropriate talents players in party sync are usually weaker than players in that level (for PVE).

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    we had templates and people cried rivers of blood, lmao.

pvpers don't want fair fights, they want to be the winners.
    Yeah,same thing with how twinks used to claim that they were doing it to fight other twinks,and not to stomp defenseless people.

So Blizzard listened and made it so that twinks would be matched against other twinks....and the entire twinking community disappeared overnight without as much as a whimper