Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Not advice wishful thinking, you have no idea how brilliant I thought the question was or is
    Hmm, let's see...

Yeah it’s an intelligence question. The least intelligent will reveal themselves so will the most intelligent. There is a right answer.
    Applied towards any problem in life that requires critical thinking, we can't make up answers for information we don't have.

The answer also can never be more important than your process in discovering the truth.
    Yeah, I have a pretty good idea of how brilliant you thought it was.

you are projecting because like the handful who were likely wrong you rather come up with any excuse you can think of.
    Wrong again, I refused to answer the dumbass question in the first place because I realized it was bullshit before you even revealed the "answer".

The thread was moved, the fact I lost track of it because it got split in two not withstanding. I gave three options for the answer and made it clear there was a right one. I was late when I gave the answer but it's the same answer as it was when I made the thread.
    That's really great buddy. It has jack shit to do with anything I said, but I'm happy for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Hmm, let's see...

Yeah, I have a pretty good idea of how brilliant you thought it was.

Wrong again, I refused to answer the dumbass question in the first place because I realized it was bullshit before you even revealed the "answer".

That's really great buddy. It has jack shit to do with anything I said, but I'm happy for you.
    Right soo how does that relate to how brilliant I thought the question was, more to the point do you think it takes a master mind to figure out what I clearly stated. The question did exactly what it should have.

However here you are leaning into it exactly as though the question was tailored for you. Thus making the point. " I don't know" was the answer if one relies on logic and evidence and reasoned the details as they were laid out absent any EGO or Emotion the answer was right there.

But of course it's easier to get upset at the question or try to make up your own answer, anything other than simply to measure YOURSELF. And regardless to if you admit you answered, you answered which is why you are here blubbering about a lot of extra.

The truth is and I am willing to accept is that was it possibly not a great or even good thread? Sure Win some you Lose some, as such plenty of threads I've made do great, people engage for better or not.

However if they don't well then they get no replies and fade into history.

My HONEST prediction was that this would probably and likely get ignored, that's it at no point did I expect more than that. Plenty of other threads for people to participate in
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Right soo how does that relate to how brilliant I thought the question was, more to the point do you think it takes a master mind to figure out what I clearly stated. The question did exactly what it should have.
    You literally said it would reveal how intelligent a person is and requires critical thinking skills. The question did nothing of the sort, that was 100% bullshit.

However here you are leaning into it exactly as though the question was tailored for you. Thus making the point. " I don't know" was the answer if one relies on logic and evidence and reasoned the details as they were laid out absent any EGO or Emotion the answer was right there.
    I hate to break this to you, but anyone who answered "Male" or "Female" instead of "I don't know" was just guessing for fun and wasn't actually taking your question seriously and trying to give the "right" answer. If you asked a bunch of 5-year-olds this question, most of them would say "I don't know" because it's blatantly obvious to anyone who is taking the question seriously and has half a brain that there's not enough information, so let's stop pretending that your question is some incredible intelligence revealer.

But of course it's easier to get upset at the question or try to make up your own answer, anything other than simply to measure YOURSELF. And regardless to if you admit you answered, you answered which is why you are here blubbering about a lot of extra.
    No, I really didn't answer. Maybe you should take your own advice and not assume information that you don't know?

The truth is and I am willing to accept is that was it possibly not a great or even good thread? Sure Win some you Lose some, as such plenty of threads I've made do great, people engage for better or not.

However if they don't well then they get no replies and fade into history.

My HONEST prediction was that this would probably and likely get ignored, that's it at no point did I expect more than that. Plenty of other threads for people to participate in
    I'm glad you are pleased with the results of your clickbait thread.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Whoever said a million monkeys with typewriters would eventually write Shakespeare clearly never saw MMO-Champion

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally said it would reveal how intelligent a person is and requires critical thinking skills. The question did nothing of the sort, that was 100% bullshit.
    No it wasn't the answer was available the entire time some people got it some people didn't and a lot of people didn't get it for the reason stated. Over thinking a problem is just as bad as under thinking it. A lock requires the right key to open it not the right kind of effort.

I hate to break this to you, but anyone who answered "Male" or "Female" instead of "I don't know" was just guessing for fun and wasn't actually taking your question seriously and trying to give the "right" answer. If you asked a bunch of 5-year-olds this question, most of them would say "I don't know" because it's blatantly obvious to anyone who is taking the question seriously and has half a brain that there's not enough information, so let's stop pretending that your question is some incredible intelligence revealer.
    No you are making up excuses trying to lump yourself in with other people so you don't feel alone, if they all don't have the right answer guess that makes yours ok. It's kind of one of those ways of thinking that comes from being dependent on consensus rather than logic or reason IMO

No, I really didn't answer. Maybe you should take your own advice and not assume information that you don't know?
    You came in here with the chip not me, and the evidence for what I am saying about you comes from you giving it by going on and on about a question you claim has no value, I'm saying you are more invested then you lead on.

I'm glad you are pleased with the results of your clickbait thread.
    There you go you got the wrong answer therefor, I must have tricked you. Absence for all logic and reason in front of you, you select an answer that doesn't apply and are angry with me bout it.

If you took offense to the thread, that was not my intention.

There is a right answer.

<snip>

Applied towards any problem in life that requires critical thinking, we can't make up answers for information we don't have.
    You're telling us there is an answer and then the answer is that there is no answer. Do you honestly believe you're smart or something? The intellect of a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    You're telling us there is an answer and then the answer is that there is no answer. Do you honestly believe you're smart or something? The intellect of a child.
    I didn't say there is no answer, the answer is "I don't know" without the context of the poll along with the other 2 options that kind of loses it's intent.

"I don't know" was always the available option and answer.

Plenty of people Picked it many other assumed it was a male or female.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-them-is-a-guy

There you go you got the wrong answer therefor, I must have tricked you. Absence for all logic and reason in front of you, you select an answer that doesn't apply and are angry with me bout it.
    There you go again, assuming that "How dare he think my question is stupid, he must have just gotten it wrong and is mad about it". If that's what you want to tell yourself so you feel better, go for it.

You came in here with the chip not me, and the evidence for what I am saying about you comes from you giving it by going on and on about a question you claim has no value, I'm saying you are more invested then you lead on.
    If I seem invested in the thread, it's because I enjoy calling out people who try to pass themselves off as way more intelligent than they actually are. I know it wasn't the intended purpose, but your thread is actually entertaining to me, akin to a clown show, so I guess I should thank you for that.

It's somewhat dishonest to imply there was a correct answer, when 'I don't know' is the admission of not knowing any answer at all.

It would be more reasonable to imply that 'there is not enough information to provide a conclusive answer'. Having a correct answer implies that there are incorrect ones as well, yet a failure to present any plausible conclusion is neither a correct or incorrect answer; there is no right or wrong in pointing out a lack of evidence.

"A man was stabbed in the back. Who did it? There is a right answer. I don't know."

That is not a correct answer. That is one of many possible answers, of which it happens to be truthful but nonetheless trivial and pointless.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-21 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go again, assuming that "How dare he think my question is stupid, he must have just gotten it wrong and is mad about it". If that's what you want to tell yourself so you feel better, go for it.

If I seem invested in the thread, it's because I enjoy calling out people who try to pass themselves off as way more intelligent than they actually are. I know it wasn't the intended purpose, but your thread is actually entertaining to me, so I guess I should thank you for that.
    You can think my question is anything you like, in fact you didn't even have to answer it a lot of people just didn't care either way. Getting the wrong answer isn't what reveals intelligence or lack of it. The reason FOR an answer is.

You're invested in the thread is a lot more personal than that. Meaning I think you answered it despite your protest, and are now angry you got it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It's somewhat dishonest to imply there was a correct answer, when 'I don't know' is the admission of not knowing any answer at all.

It would be more reasonable to imply that 'there is not enough information to provide a conclusive answer'. Having a correct answer implies that there are incorrect ones as well, yet a failure to present any plausible conclusion is neither a correct or incorrect answer; there is no right or wrong in pointing out a lack of evidence.

"A man was stabbed in the back. Who did it? There is only one correct answer. I don't know."

That is not a correct answer. That is one of many possible answers, of which it happens to be truthful but nonetheless trivial and pointless.
    No that isn't how that works. "I don't know" isn't an admission of anything other than someone doesn't know. Here in this thread it as an option of of 3. Some people didn't pick that for many reasons.

Some people didn't pick the right one then make excuses rather than to understand why hey got it wrong except to blame EVERYTHING ELSE

"A man was stabbed in the back. Who did it? There is only one correct answer. I don't know."

No, that is not a correct answer.
    It is if you don't know, and it is if you develop that as a question with the option being "I don't know"

Rather than saying I don't know you would rather make shit up.

You're invested in the thread is a lot more personal than that. Meaning I think you answered it despite your protest, and are now angry you got it wrong.
    I'm disappointed in you, you claim to have made this thread for the purpose of showing people that they shouldn't assume things they don't know, and here you're doing just that. You let us all down man. But go ahead and keep up this clown show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Whoever said a million monkeys with typewriters would eventually write Shakespeare clearly never saw MMO-Champion
    lmfao. /10chars
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

It is if you don't know, and it is if you develop that as a question with the option being "I don't know"

Rather than saying I don't know you would rather make shit up.
    It implies that there should not be any further investigation done on looking for a correct answer.

I don't know the answer to 37262 x 47264 either, but let's not collectively regard 'I don't know' as the right answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed in you, you claim to have made this thread for the purpose of showing people that they shouldn't assume things they don't know, and here you're doing just that. You let us all down man. But go ahead and keep up this clown show.
    That might be a good take if it were honest. I know as much about you as the evidence you provide tells me, you started this thread in at me with a chip on your shoulder, you have since you been here argued with me emphatically about how wrong I am on a question claim you didn't answer. Just because you didn't tick a box choice of the 3 doesn't mean you didn't answer the question, which you obviously have by YOUR OWN ADMISSION!

That proves to me you have an vested interest and it has nothing to do with the truth or my answer you haven't made up in your own mind. I am glad you are amused because you have offered yourself up as an example of not on consensus and illogical thinking, but you also serves and a pristine example of how an individual can arrive as such a wrong conclusion based on bad facts, little facts, or in this case NONE!

- - - Updated - - -

It implies that there should not be any further investigation done on looking for a correct answer.

I don't know the answer to 37262 x 47264 either, but let's not collectively regard 'I don't know' as the right answer.
    Well in a context that could be true if the frame of the question and possible acceptable answer wasn't "I don't know" But here it is.

As far as life it also depends on context, if you want to argue about when and where that applies well then alright, but in any measurable course of merit, sometimes "I don't know" is not only the correct answer it's the only one.

That might be a good take if it were honest. I know as much about you as the evidence you provide tells me, you started this thread in at me with a chip on your shoulder, you have since you been here argued with me emphatically about how wrong I am on a question claim you didn't answer. Just because you didn't tick a box choice of the 3 doesn't mean you didn't answer the question, which you obviously have by YOUR OWN ADMISSION!

That proves to me you have an vested interest and it has nothing to do with the truth or my answer you haven't made up in your own mind. I am glad you are amused because you have offered yourself up as an example of not on consensus and illogical thinking, but you also serves and a pristine example of how an individual can arrive as such a wrong conclusion based on bad facts, little facts, or in this case NONE!
    Hmm, I never said you were wrong, I said your question wasn't nearly as brilliant or revealing as you made it out to be. Also, you seem like you're actually getting upset over all this, you might want to take it down a notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I never said you were wrong, I said your question wasn't nearly as brilliant or revealing as you made it out to be. Also, you seem like you're actually getting upset over all this, you might want to take it down a notch.
    Well you came at me, and now you default back to your bullshit of how brilliant I thought my question was. LOL

Ok so you didn't answer the question, you just came here to tell me how brilliant you think I am. OK?

Well in a context that could be true if the frame of the question and possible acceptable answer wasn't "I don't know" But here it is.

As far as life it also depends on context, if you want to argue about when and where that applies well then alright, but in any measurable course of merit, sometimes "I don't know" is not only the correct answer it's the only one.
    Yes, sometimes 'I don't know' is the only correct answer.

It doesn't mean everyone regards it as the right answer, or to be honest, even an acceptable or valid one.

Life itself is built on 'I don't know', but it would not the same as applying 'I don't know' as being a right answer to Life. There is more to the question than simply one answer, and the premise that there is any one 'Right' answer is the problem with the framing of the original question.

Since you said there is a right answer, it is implied that the question should be solvable with the information provided. The context of the existence of a 'right answer' misleads people to avoid an admission of lacking insight or knowledge.

The math equation provides the information needed to solve itself, and implying there is a right answer urges one to solve it and reach a conclusive answer. If the answer was intended to be 'I don't know', then the question itself is poorly framed, and can be considered a 'trick question'.

It's kinda like those math problems where it says 'Find X' and someone literally circles the 'X' in the question. Even if unintentional, the question itself was poorly framed.

In the context of your own question, consider that 'The other person" would just be as valid of an answer. Since the question implies there are two people, then we know for a fact that the other person is a person, and our information is one step above a matter of 'I don't know'. It's a matter of generalizing a truthful answer that can be reasonably obtained with what little information there is provided. If the intent is to draw out an admission of lacking information to reasonably conclude an answer, then the question itself and the revelation of a right answer is counter-intuitive to the intended outcome.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-21 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There is/was no point to any of this thread lol
    Because you missed it or got it wrong?

This isn't going to cure cancer?

The thread was a critical thinking question.

If you don't like it, that's fair I admit not all my threads are winners, NONE of them are life or death, and All of them are just my attempt to create something interesting. That's it!

Well you came at me, and now you default back to your bullshit of how brilliant I thought my question was.
    I "came at you" lol. I didn't realize how upset you were going to get.

Ok so you didn't answer the question, you just came here to tell me how brilliant you think I am. OK?
    Are those really the only two possibilities? If someone posts in your thread, they're either answering your question or they want to tell you how brilliant you are?

A little advice: never oversell something, you're just going to inevitably end up being ridiculed when it doesn't turn out to be as great as you claimed it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, sometimes 'I don't know' is the only correct answer.
    Yes I know, and the idea of the question was to test that, not a trick question, not to say hey hey hey Gotcha. It was a to ask a very straight forward one point to another in a seemingly obvious question with three option.

See the idea is to simply think, detectives, scientist etc, sometimes people believe in things like Magic, which in and of itself is fine, but when you often here like say why an investigation takes so long, or why there isn't a cure for cancer.

It's because when it comes to things like logic and reasoning when it matters there are no short cuts, you can only go by what you know, that's it

It doesn't mean everyone regards it as the right answer, or to be honest, even an acceptable or valid one.
    This is more of a philosophical argument, that I am not hand waving or rejecting, it just doesn't particularly apply

Life itself is built on 'I don't know', but it would not the same as applying 'I don't know' as being the answer to Life. There is more to the question than simply one answer, and the premise that there is any one 'Right' answer is the problem with the framing of the original question.
    And sometimes there isn't and that is he point, I think in general our human nature has lead us far too many times to thinking it's always one or the other, typically it's the there there is no yes or no just whatever the hell I want it to be as the answer.

The problem is that can't always work.

Since you said there is a right answer, it is implied that the question should be solvable with the information provided. The context of the existence of a 'right answer' misleads people to avoid an admission of lacking insight or knowledge.
    Fair point, the right answer applies to the question but I get what you mean

The math equation provides the information needed to solve itself, and implying there is a right answer urges one to solve it and reach a conclusive answer. If the answer was intended to be 'I don't know', then the question itself is poorly framed, and can be considered a 'trick question'.

It's kinda like those math problems where it says 'Find X' and someone literally circles the 'X' in the question. Even if unintentional, the question itself was poorly framed.
    I accept this critique even if I don't understand it all ATM or agree. But under the circumstances as I said some threads work some don't as such this was a fail on my part.

I will not be making a thread like this again. I had ORIGINALLY thought of something along the lines of riddle of some kind but with google it's hard to do because people crack that shit in seconds meaning it requires coming up with questions that can't be googled, again my attempt failed.

- - - Updated - - -

I "came at you" lol. I didn't realize how upset you were going to get.
    I didn't get upset, I am not sure how people have this magic ability to assign tone to peoples text. I answered your replies, that doesn't mean I was upset. If you are referring to when I typed in Caps, the only time I type in caps is to highlight a specific point.

Are those really the only two possibilities? If someone posts in your thread, they're either answering your question or they want to tell you how brilliant you are?

A little advice: never oversell something, you're just going to inevitably end up being ridiculed when it doesn't turn out to be as great as you claimed it would be.

Dude, nobody is obligated or like nor tell me they hated or thought my thread was shit. I am fine with that. If a critique is valid NOT personal, I use to improve. But again there is nothing to sell, the thread is not a guise for how fucking brilliant I am at all. I sure as hell been here long enough to know who is brilliant and who isn't and the same can be said and applied toward me.

Again it's just supposed to be interesting.

Now if you just came to give me shit, Ah Well, If you came here to say this thread sucks and here is why, alright.

But if you are here just level personal insults or accusations because you didn't my question. I am not inclined or capable of doing shit about that.