Russian Lord of the Rings

In 1991 a Russian broadcasting station decided to make their own LOTR. It seems it has been recently rediscovered, ripped to digital and uploaded to YouTube.
    There are 2 parts, both an hour long. I'm only halfway through the first part but if I had to guess these 2 parts would only encompass up to the end of the first book. But it includes details left out in the LOTR Jackson movie.

Its interesting, its quality is also decidedly Chernobyl era Russia so its fun for that respect, even if you are applying Peter Jackson's words to these scenes.

Enjoy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post

In 1991 a Russian broadcasting station decided to make their own LOTR. It seems it has been recently rediscovered, ripped to digital and uploaded to YouTube.
    There are 2 parts, both an hour long. I'm only halfway through the first part but if I had to guess these 2 parts would only encompass up to the end of the first book. But it includes details left out in the LOTR Jackson movie.

Its interesting, its quality is also decidedly Chernobyl era Russia so its fun for that respect, even if you are applying Peter Jackson's words to these scenes.

Enjoy.
    haha oh that looks great. reminds me of the BBC Narnia series they did in the mid 90's. good times.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, i thought this would be about that guy who gets to publish fan fiction (Perumov). I always liked the "black dwarves" (their armor) for dwarves they were bigger than humans, huge fatties. I always wondered if they could squish their way through the mines of moria

Imagine bombur five times larger...and an appetite to match..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-04-05 at 12:14 PM.

Hah, might give this a watch later. Currently at work till midnight... long day for me. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Oh, i thought this would be about that guy who gets to publish fan fiction. I always liked the "black dwarves" (their armor) for dwarves they were bigger than humans, huge fatties. I always wondered if they could squish their way through the mines of moria
    It'd just be a reenactment of the boulder scene from Indiana Jones...

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Master in Russian language I don't know if I could sit through this. But it certainly has a fascinating appeal and it tells the story of an era, which is always interesting.

If there are other Russian language/culture enthusiasts out there, I can recommend a miniseries from 2005 (not exactly the 90s) about Mастер и Mаргарита (The Master and Margarita) from the eponymous novel by M. Bulgakov. For some reason it is super censored and extremely hard to find, but if you manage to pull it off, it's 10 episodes of a TV adaptation of the novel, in Russian with English subtitles. Greatly recommended and a ton of fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It'd just be a reenactment of the boulder scene from Indiana Jones...
    I lol'd

I couldn't even get through the first 5 seconds.

In Soviet Russia, ring throws you into Mt. Doom!

Would be interesting to see what Russian people thought of this compared to the Peter Jackson movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its certainly a wild ride of a watch for sure :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    haha oh that looks great. reminds me of the BBC Narnia series they did in the mid 90's. good times.
    got that one on DVD still !

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    got that one on DVD still !
    we recorded it every week on VHS. was a family thing to watch them together.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's like a kids show quality, you'll need to be very bored to watch it all regardless if you're a big fan of lotr or not.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.