Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anyone else miss Legion Profession Quests?

I have been lvling some alts in anticipation for 9.1 and i have been going through Legion Content lately.

I have found that i really like the crafting quests that go with the Legion Professions.

They took quite a while sure but to this day they are the only Expansion professions that i have actually leveled to cap(except enchanting and engineering which i cap anyway)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The quests? Nah I don't miss them but what Legion did well was gathering professions. The random basilisks from mining and the extra spawn shit from herbs (seeds, second one spawning, foxes etc) were fucking great and made a repetitive but soothing thing a bit more interesting. Did getting a basilisk from a basilisk from a random node make you a gorillion extra gold? No but it made you feel like a fucking king.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AthranThom View Post
    I have been lvling some alts in anticipation for 9.1 and i have been going through Legion Content lately.

I have found that i really like the crafting quests that go with the Legion Professions.

They took quite a while sure but to this day they are the only Expansion professions that i have actually leveled to cap(except enchanting and engineering which i cap anyway)
    The quests were fine, but ranks were plain stupid.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Profession quests are that one thing I certianly DO NOT miss about Legion.

Having to do 20-step long quest lines just to get basic recipes, some of which included doing mythic0 dungeons is not something you want to get through on alts you never play. Then again, gating profession recipes behind exalted reputations was probably even worse in BfA as that basically killed many of my professions on alts.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do. I thought they were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Profession quests are that one thing I certianly DO NOT miss about Legion.

Having to do 20-step long quest lines just to get basic recipes, some of which included doing mythic0 dungeons is not something you want to get through on alts you never play. Then again, gating profession recipes behind exalted reputations was probably even worse in BfA as that basically killed many of my professions on alts.
    Yeah having to do mythic0 for them was over the top

but imo they actually made you feel like you were actually learning the recipes instead of just clicking a button in the ui.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The quests were fine, but ranks were plain stupid.
    Ranks in general or just the gathering ranks?

Cause i think both were fine personally. However i could see how there might be a problem with the gathering ranks(some might say they were unnecessary).

I think they varied in quality. I wasn't that psyched to collect 20 boar livers or kill a random world mob to figure out how to gather slightly more herbs, but the crafting ones were pretty cool. Unlocking the special Highmountain forge was a great bit of immersion. Nothing makes crafted gear feel more special than when the guy you're buying from tells you to come up to the only place in the world that this type of armour can be forged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing legion did really well is making more unique experiences such that each individual character felt more like they were "that character" in a way that hadn't been seen before and unfortunately really hasn't been seen since.

I wish that things like profession quests and class quests made a comeback. Covenants are different, sure, but... it'd be superb if they could have worked class fantasy in to the covenants as well. What does it mean to be a Kyrian rogue? A Venthyr Paladin? A Nightfae Death Knight? And so on and so forth, rather than it just being a sort of different skin for whatever daily quests you do.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranks in general or just the gathering ranks?

Cause i think both were fine personally. However i could see how there might be a problem with the gathering ranks(some might say they were unnecessary).
    All ranks.. It made life hard, allmost impossible, for completionists, because the majority of professions you have on alts.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Still missing a Rank 3 that apparently drops from Rated Battlegrounds.

300 games this season and im pretty sure its 'removed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Ha yes! Like getting a lockbox in a lockbox. Mind blown.
    I think the last time we could get boxception was in MoP. I have it happen sometimes when I run SoO for Garrosh's mount.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I miss them so much. All that yellow on most of my characters' Dalaran map for the entire expansion. Ah the memories.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As many things in Legion, they were great on main, sucked on alts. I really think we need account-wide tab for profession recipes. Of course you still would be able to have two active professions (and swap would cost few k gold), but we wouldn't have situation like right now when you lose all recipes you worked on for years if you swap (I know you can buy some, but it's not the case with older expacs).

(To be honest I think that about entire game - we need Legion with it's grinds and crazy RNG systems - but account wide.)

And yeah, ranks were stupid, especially with gathering professions.

They were just quests. Literally, just like the 20000 others in the game, only mandatory to improve your profession skill. Kill that, collect that. Why would I miss that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Legion did professions so brillantly, but I fear with Blizzard falling apart these days that we'll never see a return to them.

5+ Year Old Account

No, those quests were just annoying, especially since all professions were castrated after... Idk, Cata? Going through so much RP only to be able to craft garbage is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

No, they merely deterred me from having professions on every character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Yes! Legion did professions so brillantly, but I fear with Blizzard falling apart these days that we'll never see a return to them.
    I remember this exact BS spewed during WoD, and then we got Legion... In fact, it was spewed during WOTLK, and Cata, and MoP, and Legion, and BfA...

Makes me hear an echoing "Hello, is there anybody in there?" in my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Still missing a Rank 3 that apparently drops from Rated Battlegrounds.

300 games this season and im pretty sure its 'removed'.
    All the things pretty much confirmed (as I last looked in my list this past month) that most reports say it was removed with the end of legion.

As for professions in legion, I loved them. Even bothered getting to max rank again for professions I already did just cause the quests felt simple. The best part about them though were the requirements to go back to old content. Made the world feel more interconnected. And that’s a thing most expansions fail. Cata tried to do that by having the zones in the old world but there was no driving reason besides the instance portal, daily quests (which you stop after max rep) and farming. Besides the additional of transmog wardrobe, legion had me out and about in old zones trying to progress on main content cause of professions. Bfa tried that too with the 2 warfront zones and 2 nzoth invasions but I guess I only cared to be there for currency and rep for rank 4 essences.
    Last edited by Couchpotato2013; 2021-04-04 at 11:31 PM.

I liked them. In general having some story context associated to things ingame is what makes this even vaguely an RPG in the first place. That it get's annoying with the 5th herbalist is true, but that is more a problem with the fact that you shouldn't be encouraged to get 5 herbalists to begin with...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Yes...a lot.

It was clear that, while not everything was great, Blizz certainly put a lot more effort into Legion than either BfA or Shadowlands. The professions showed that...especially fishing with an artifact along with series of quests.