Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Lost me at good looking scenery in Maldraxus, which looks like a dorm toilet at 230am on a Saturday night.

Idk, this is my opinion but even art has gone way downhill. The Covenant armor sets are, again imo, very lackluster. There's about 2 total I'd consider using, and they really don't fit the theme of most classes that can wear them.

It really does feel like the wind down after a .3 patch but basically this thing just started. 9.1 better be good. Real good.
    ...What? How has the art gone downhill? The Covenant armor is cool asf. Also, how does Maldraxxus look bad?

7+ Year Old Account
    How the hell is that an "Interesting take"?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I stand corrected. Care to tell us what content was cut that a single living human being on the face of the entire fucking planet would give the faintest fuck about?
    You mean now? 10 years later? Probably noone gives a shit about cut cata content today. In cata's time it was kind of a big deal tho.

I stand corrected. Care to tell us what content was cut that a single living human being on the face of the entire fucking planet would give the faintest fuck about?
    Uhm...literally almost all of WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Still not buying this whole "lack of development resources"
    That's because it's an absolutely absurd thing to say about a multi-billion dollar company, who earns a huge chunk of that change from the very game in question. The only "lack of development resources" they have are the ones they purposely and intentionally created because they just don't give a fuck.

Care to tell us what planned content was cut from Cata? (I'll help you: There isn't any.)
    Yes, yes there was, the throne of the tides raid, the path of the titans progression, and more...

- - - Updated - - -

Lol you really think no one cared about an entire raid being cut?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Uhm...literally almost all of WoD?
    Exactly. The whole expansion can be summed up as cut content. Even from the first release. Garrisons anywhere? No, just here. Garrisons being high customizable? No, just pick between these 5 building everyone picks from. Two seperate major capital cities? Naw, just a few quests in them now we got a cookie cutter island instead. The first two raids are suppose to be one tier, well, it was a good idea but then we had nothing so we just split them into two tiers and pretended to hope no one noticed.. they did. Tanaan Jungle was in at the start, well, it wasn't finished so we will just make it the island from MoP again at the end. Guys, be excited, a new patch is coming out.. guess what you can do? Link items to twitter! No really.. that's it! We got another one for you! Selfie cam! Its like a whole thing you can do and stuff!

All of this was after like an 18 month window of no content at the end of MoP.

Whole expansion was a joke aside from some REALLY REALLY good raid encounters. So pretty much if you logged in, clicked around for 5 minutes in your garrison, and then went to raid and then ditched the game 5 minutes after raid was finished you might have a found memory of WoD. But for anyone else that just expanded those 5 minutes to 10-15 minutes starts to see joy rates decrease dramatically.

Sad thing is I don't hate them for doing this. It sucked. But I understand when to unsub when things are bad. Then resub when its good. But that doesn't mean when it wasn't wrong. I just know how to work around it. Others don't so they are insanely bitter. Even some others pretend like everything was cool af. Jokes on them right?
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2021-04-06 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, yes there was, the throne of the tides raid, the path of the titans progression, and more...

- - - Updated - - -

Lol you really think no one cared about an entire raid being cut?
    A garbage raid that relied on this shitty poorly programmed game's inability to use the Z-Axis in a remotely useful way does not seem to be something anybody should miss. Whenever I see people whining about "cut content," it seems, to me, something used by bitter cynics to shit on Blizzard as developers as if every single fucking idea they've ever floated publicly is contractually obligated to be added to the game.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-04-06 at 10:05 PM.

A garbage raid that relied on this shitty poorly programmed game's inability to use the Z-Axis in a remotely useful way does not seem to be something anybody should miss. Whenever I see people whining about "cut content," it seems, to me, something used by bitter cynics to shit on Blizzard as developers as if every single fucking idea they've ever floated publicly is contractually obligated to be added to the game.
    Only 1 fight was planned to actually be underwater my dude... Ffs.
    Also yes the raid was literally half way done. They had fights planned. And had the zone half way finished.

Only 1 fight was planned to actually be underwater my dude... Ffs.
    Oh okay, good thing they tried it again in EP then. Because that turned out to be a great idea, right?

Oh okay, good thing they tried it again in EP then. Because that turned out to be a great idea, right?
    Yeah, EP was great, and behemoth was a fine fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly?

People seem to glorify WoTLK too much - it had Ulduar, which was great and ICC was good too. But what else did it have as far as full raid went? Naxxramas copy pasta and what amounts to single worst raid tier ever existing in WoW with ToTGC?

Might as well amend the title "since WoTLK", because I, personally, find it funny how people forget that WoTLK literally had 2 full raid tiers of garbage. Crusader's Coliseum as a raid tier and all content for that tier? Shiet...

I don't think there was EVER a more nonsensical and low effort raid tier done in WoW. Two frikkin' rooms of 5 bosses in a setting that makes no sense.

They've had nearly 20 years of development, many billions of dollars in profits, huge massive team, experienced team, resources, and the best they can give us what we have. WoW is always that game that could've been the best game ever made and still could be but isn't. What a shame and waste of resources honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wondered about the same. It is really surprising to me. Even Legion could be explained: they just cancelled Titan so they had plenty of artists and developers at hand, so they just put them to WoW temporarily. It's obvious because Legion had extreme number of beautiful art and models, other expansions don't come close. They redirected those people to other projects over Legion timeline, so end of Legion and BfA was not comparable.

One explanation could be that it's just business. They're trying to maximize profits and they don't think that significantly increasing development resources will correspondingly increase income, so they're just balancing on an edge where they can spend as little as possible for development while keeping enough players on a hook. It makes sense because obviously WoW is not going to significantly grow since WotLK and everyone understands that. But game industry is about huge growth. So they're trying to build new games which will grow. This is sad realization for WoW players for sure.

The only hard conclusion from this situation is that Blizzard does not truly value its WoW players anymore. We're fed with sub-par content and milked for another projects, and that's about it. This realization is disgusting for me, because I used to think completely opposite, when Blizzard was passionate and loved its players.

Nazjatar was not good lol. Not from a lore standpoint, not from a systems stand point, and most certainly not from an art standpoint. It was garbage all around, and severely underdelivered.

Whatever that trash heap was, it was literally just that. That wasn't a grand empire, that was Azshara's overgrown backyard.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that Behemoth was a pretty cool fight. EP sucked though. Something about it just looked and felt plastic. Even some of the fights.

Everything except Behemoth was great about EP. This game is not designed to have encounters with Z-Axis movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF EP was a great raid. As a whole patch 8.2 was awesome.

Everything except Behemoth was great about EP. This game is not designed to have encounters with Z-Axis movement.
    And so would have been the same for the abyssal maw.

And so would have been the same for the abyssal maw.
    Speaking with certainty about things that never happened is... a bit strange. Who's to say the Z-Axis limitations aren't one of the major reasons they scrapped AM in the first place?

Speaking with certainty about things that never happened is... a bit strange. Who's to say the Z-Axis limitations aren't one of the major reasons they scrapped AM in the first place?
    I think a lot of it came down to how awful the zone itself was to play. It is a shame I happen to like the aesthetics of the under water zone but wow's engine simply can't handle three dimensional space well. It creates major issues with aoe among with other elements of game play.